2022 Festival

5 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

From what I've seen announced Kasabian are headlining everything they've been announced for next summer, I may be wrong,

They are supporting Liam Gallgher on some of his own dates next year.

This may be very wishful thinking but i believe the person who rumoured AM for leeds is the same person who leaked Liam for Knebworth. Now it seems both of those gigs have Kasabian in common so the rumour could have genuine credibility if the person is close to Kasabian…

13 minutes ago, AlfieLamb said:

This may be very wishful thinking but i believe the person who rumoured AM for leeds is the same person who leaked Liam for Knebworth. Now it seems both of those gigs have Kasabian in common so the rumour could have genuine credibility if the person is close to Kasabian…

Kasabian into AM is the dream ffs

15 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Gary Numan.

Sorta, Gary Numan is only coming out as a guest during Nine Inch Nails' headline slot on Main Stage South whilst N-Dubz headline Main Stage North.

8 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I could say this statement and the artist in question would be about as relevant to the R&L audience as The Chemical Brothers are; neither is going to happen. 

i don’t know, Chems seemed to have gone down brilliantly at Latitude and TRNSMT plus with a WHP date i feel like they're more relevant to a R&L crowd than we might think. i know it’s not going to happen but i’m just wishful thinking

1 hour ago, NoBuses said:

The things I'd do for a proper dark fruits run, I won't even try to hide my shame. But I agree with Dukey re: who they'd be paired with. Hypothetically though (very rushed):

MSE: AM / MGK / Aitch / Bad Boy Chiller Crew /The Lathums / Vistas / Lauran Hibberd

MSW: Kasabian / The Vaccines / Headie One / DMA's / Girl in Red / The Mysterines / Zuzu

Edited by andyrhodes24

14 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

The things I'd do for a proper dark fruits run, I won't even try to hide my shame. But I agree with Dukey re: who they'd be paired with. Hypothetically though (very rushed):

MSE: AM / MGK / Aitch / Bad Boy Chiller Crew /The Lathums / Vistas / Lauran Hibberd

MSW: Kasabian / The Vaccines / Headie One / DMA's / Girl in Red / The Mysterines / Zuzu

AM, Kasabian, The Vaccines, DMA’s and The Lathums all on one day. Yes please 

2 minutes ago, KJP98 said:

Intrigued to see where Capaldi is sadly fitting into it this year - could see him boosting up to headline with his second album out next year

I find it strange people here are talking about Capaldi- When he cancelled he confirmed all the festivals he would be returning to (R&L not one of them)

2 minutes ago, nathanh said:

I find it strange people here are talking about Capaldi- When he cancelled he confirmed all the festivals he would be returning to (R&L not one of them)

Missed that - we are safe from him headlining then!

4 hours ago, NoBuses said:

I feel like this was a combo at Glastonbury many years ago, back when they were only 2 albums in or something.

Would certainly attract a crowd. Could well mean a general "see you next summer" or own show elsewhere in Leeds as well as thing though. But who knows.

5 hours ago, AlfieLamb said:

Liam teased Knebworth for 2020, i really hope AM happens but him doing Knebworth this year was just delayed corona plans really

5 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

i don’t know, Chems seemed to have gone down brilliantly at Latitude and TRNSMT plus with a WHP date i feel like they're more relevant to a R&L crowd than we might think. i know it’s not going to happen but i’m just wishful thinking

They are at Printworks too but I don't honestly think it means that much. I would fucking love it, probably my favourite artist at the moment but its just not happening as you said. Latitude is also way older clientele, I was there and there and it was certainly full of older people except near the very front and TRNSMT was a shoe-in
----

EDIT:

The Weeknd surely must be in with a shout for MSW?

Edited by gfa

24 minutes ago, Darberry said:

Muse? Headlining Isle of Wight and surely they'll be doing other festivals or their own tour perhaps? Must be an album coming too in 2022

Probably will be doing early summer then onwards to America. Definitely possible though still at this point

40 minutes ago, gfa said:

Liam teased Knebworth for 2020, i really hope AM happens but him doing Knebworth this year was just delayed corona plans really

They are at Printworks too but I don't honestly think it means that much. I would fucking love it, probably my favourite artist at the moment but its just not happening as you said. Latitude is also way older clientele, I was there and there and it was certainly full of older people except near the very front and TRNSMT was a shoe-in
----

EDIT:

The Weeknd surely must be in with a shout for MSW?

The weeknd would be pretty pricey I imagine... would be great tho but I can’t see it. Would guess that tour will be announced in the coming days so will wait and see then 

51 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

No way do we get all of the Weeknd, AM, RATM and Dave. I’d honestly 2 at most

Weeknd and Dave are an or. Probably the same with AM and RATM to be honest