Jump to content

2022 Festival


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah I’m starting to doubt if they are coming to Europe. Don’t know why they wouldn’t have it announced yet when they announced their US tour for 2022 months ago.

It’s probably the case that of their Euro dates are all festivals and Lollapalooza, Reading etc which announced them for 2020 have not announced their line ups yet. 
 

Slipknot on the other hand have no reason to not have announced their UK Knotfest date yet and that makes me think there’s a change of plan for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2021 at 3:14 PM, kjvffm said:

So are we looking at

AM/Dave/RATM + Three smaller ones?

Can't wait for the disappointment.

RATM and Dave seem likely. From what i remember reading AM aren't even confirmed to be touring

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, gfa said:

From what i remember reading AM aren't even confirmed to be touring

Yeah defo no confirmation from AM at all but still late summer fests to be announced so they could easily be at a few of them. It is only October after all. Most years not much would be announced by now, just this year a lot of festivals have announced early.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Boardmasters announcement coming it seems, 2 weeks before Reading so could be one of our first major signs of who will be making up the undercard / rule out a headliner or two

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

A set of six headliners like -

Dave, Arctic Monkeys, Rage Against The Machine, Doja Cat, Lewis Capaldi, Royal Blood

would be quite cool.

If there was a dance headliner in there somewhere that would be a very balanced set of headliners, with a bit of something for everyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, VCK said:

If there was a dance headliner in there somewhere that would be a very balanced set of headliners, with a bit of something for everyone.

I think Disclosure are the only dance headliner they could have so there likely just won’t be one.
 

Chase & Status just seem to do DJ sets now (and wouldn’t be big enough anyway), Pendulum aren’t big or relevant enough and the Chemical Brothers at R&L is never going to happen, even if they get suggested here every now and again. If Major Lazer released new material that stormed the charts like everything they did seemed to 4/5 years ago then maybe but they’re likely not big enough either. 

Edited by Andre91
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, VCK said:

If there was a dance headliner in there somewhere that would be a very balanced set of headliners, with a bit of something for everyone.

Can’t think of one for R&L unless they book someone like marshmello or Martin Garrix. I think Calvin would want to headline front and centre. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Can’t think of one for R&L unless they book someone like marshmello or Martin Garrix. I think Calvin would want to headline front and centre. 

No chance either of those headline. Marshmello could have headline the NME tent a few years ago but definitely feels way too late for him to suddenly turn up in a big slot, let alone headlining a Main Stage. Martin Garrix hasn’t got the same mainstream appeal as an act like Disclosure do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

No chance either of those headline. Marshmello could have headline the NME tent a few years ago but definitely feels way too late for him to suddenly turn up in a big slot, let alone headlining a Main Stage. Martin Garrix hasn’t got the same mainstream appeal as an act like Disclosure do. 

So I think we’ve killed the point then if disclosure are the only act that can headline R&L.

Maybe Bicep in a few years - but they need a bit more experience on big stages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

So I think we’ve killed the point then if disclosure are the only act that can headline R&L.

Maybe Bicep in a few years - but they need a bit more experience on big stages.

I don’t think R&L needs to make an effort to consistently book a dance act to headline one of the Main Stages. They will never be able to complete with Creamfields and, as discussed, there’s just a dearth of options to fill such a slot. The Dance Stage exists to satisfy that crowd and does really well as it is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

I'd have said the same about trnsmt but they headlined that

TRNSMT is a lot more day ticket based. Was a very weird one anyway that, replaced Lewis Capaldi. Very much a one-off/panic booking

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

So I think we’ve killed the point then if disclosure are the only act that can headline R&L.

Maybe Bicep in a few years - but they need a bit more experience on big stages.

Bicep will be excellent when it comes around, incredibly popular at unis although probably not for sixth formers i'd say. Would be an amazing dance stage headliner but i think they are probably a bit past that point now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

get Chemical Brothers booked for that MS2 headline. they are one of the greatest live acts i’ve ever seen and would absolutely blow it out the water. i would absolutely love it if they headlined. Dave, Dua, Rage, BMTH, Chems, Courteeners. personally i’d love that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

get Parkway Drive booked for that MS2 headline. they are one of the greatest live acts i’ve ever seen and would absolutely blow it out the water.

I could say this statement and the artist in question would be about as relevant to the R&L audience as The Chemical Brothers are; neither is going to happen. 

Edited by Andre91
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Apparently Serge said ‘see you next summer’ in the Leeds gig last night 

Well yeah, they have several festivals lined up for next year like Isle Of Wight, Liam Gallagher, Neighbourhood. Even as a second stage headliner I think they are a bit over exposed to do R&L.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jump said:

Well yeah, they have several festivals lined up for next year like Isle Of Wight, Liam Gallagher, Neighbourhood. Even as a second stage headliner I think they are a bit over exposed to do R&L.

They didn't say it anywhere else as far as I know, only Leeds

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jump said:

Well yeah, they have several festivals lined up for next year like Isle Of Wight, Liam Gallagher, Neighbourhood. Even as a second stage headliner I think they are a bit over exposed to do R&L.

Could drop to mainstage sub

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what I've seen announced Kasabian are headlining everything they've been announced for next summer, I may be wrong, so I think they'd still be a headliner even if the festival went back to just the three headliners.

These academy gigs seem to me to just be a test the water type run of shows and I think they'll be back to arenas when a new album comes along.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...