2022 Festival

7 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Hadn’t Kiedis had a heart attack in the build up to R&L. I was 13 so don’t have complete recollection, but the only song I knew was Can’t Stop and so I had quite a boring night. They certainly were poor tho.

Unsure re: the heart attack but I’ve never known anyone who has actually seen them say they were impressed by them. They’re just a pretty bum band overall anyway and I can’t see them appearing at R&L, 

14 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I saw RHCP yet remember almost nothing of it. It was so boring that I was forgetting the set whilst I was watching them.

At times since their 2016 set I’ve felt like leaving about 15 minutes in to go watch TDCC headline the R1 tent was a daft move but looking back it was an excellent choice. I distinctly remember being bored stiff at the intro jam lasting longer than the opening song.

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

So by the sounds of it my day was better spent doing what I was doing, which as I recall was wandering around London with friends.

Seem to recall people there in 2007 saying that Arcade Fire's sub-headline set outshone RHCP's headline set, which does lend to my hunch they can be an inconsistent live act at best.

They were REALLY shite in 2007

14 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Unsure re: the heart attack but I’ve never known anyone who has actually seen them say they were impressed by them. They’re just a pretty bum band overall anyway and I can’t see them appearing at R&L, 

Think I’ve seen them 4 times, they were v good once (v2003ish maybe) otherwise turd. 

57 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

That's not quite correct. RATM obviously won't play Roskilde as they already have dates in the US but it doesn't mean they won't come to Europe later that year (for example early September with R+L being the first shows). I've been told that the European leg is still planned. Their Prague date, which is still 'postponed' (not cancelled), was supposed to be announced by the end of September but the band's management is constantly delaying the announcement for some reason.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TKOCF said:

I think they’ll still come. Everyone in 2020 was convinced they weren’t doing Europe, and then bang, that US Tour turned into a world tour

32 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Anyone seen the videos from Kasabian last night? Doesn't look like they'll miss Tom too much when it comes to the gigs. Would be a belting sub act

I was hoping for a hologram or the new singer to be in a mask so everyone had to guess who it was.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Anyone seen the videos from Kasabian last night? Doesn't look like they'll miss Tom too much when it comes to the gigs. Would be a belting sub act

Would be interesting to see where they get booked. Would very firmly say they have the tunes for MSW headline honestly and the slots they have been getting at other festivals haven't completely ruled it out yet. Maybe for 2023 once they stabilise a bit placement-wise

12 minutes ago, jump said:

I was hoping for a hologram or the new singer to be in a mask so everyone had to guess who it was.

Along similar lines our lass suggested the lead singer from Ghost in the full cardinal costumes for a laugh...

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

Would be interesting to see where they get booked. Would very firmly say they have the tunes for MSW headline honestly and the slots they have been getting at other festivals haven't completely ruled it out yet. Maybe for 2023 once they stabilise a bit placement-wise

They'd be a very strong sub so I wouldn't be surprised if they did an MSW headline slot in 2022 or, more likely, 2023. 

10 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Can't see them playing, they'd put on a show though that's for sure

i Agree. Seen them once before and they were absolutely brilliant to be honest. If it was ever going to happen it would be this year as they’re always at glasto now but this year clearly not. Just don’t think it’s a booking FR would make with the crowds the way they are.