2022 Festival

8 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

His daughter was granted a restraining order against him recently.

He’s a top class musician, and I love QOTSA, but he comes across as a bellend

Homme and his ex wife have had a pretty abusive relationship apparently and they’re now divorced I believe.  It was his two sons that were actually denied a restraining order against him that his ex wife filed for physical and emotional abuse but strangely the eldest daughter didn’t file a restraining order. Sounds to me like a bitter end to a break up of a bad relationship and things are getting nasty. 

Unlikely Queens will return to R&L as they’re supposedly booked to headline the Other Stage at Glastonbury next year. 

Edited by foolee
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, foolee said:

Really intrigued to find out where BMTH, Royal Blood, RATM, Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica end up as I’m expecting UK dates for all of them but only R&L and BST are left. Download could probably put 2 weekends on next year. 

Last time I was in the Download thread the talk was they were doing their own UK stadium show next year, not seen anything to support it but just relaying what was written.

4 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

What's the normal standing price?

£90 general standing in Manchester, just getting an error message for London but that'll be at least £100: https://shops.ticketmasterpartners.com/red-hot-chili-peppers-album-presale?eml=2021October11/5487610/6010967&etsubid=293623997

28 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

If people are into them then fair enough but £90+ fees in Manchester is extortionate. Foo Fighters at the same venue is what, £70+ fees? Shite venue to boot.

Yeah to be honest I would’ve seen them just to say I have (+ the supports are good) but no way I can justify £90 after Foos are charging £70 to play for twice as long

7 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

It really does make great value when any of the huge rock bands play R&L. I'm really hoping the likes of Guns N' Roses, Metallica, fuck it.. even RHCP, return to R&L for that exact reason. 

RHCP at Reading 2016 feels like the missed opportunity tbh given the setlist looked good and it sounded decent, even if the undercard was meh and it was still sans Frusciante. Certainly a day ticket would be way better value than the fees they're asking for.

20 minutes ago, charlierc said:

RHCP at Reading 2016 feels like the missed opportunity tbh given the setlist looked good and it sounded decent, even if the undercard was meh and it was still sans Frusciante. Certainly a day ticket would be way better value than the fees they're asking for.

Don’t worry, they were shite

47 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Zillakami’s new solo album is great. Would love a solo set in the pit or 1xtra next year. Maybe a city morgue set too for good measure. Speaking of, did any body catch them this year? unfortunately didn’t see them

I caught City Morgue’s sets. It was Zilla on his own and he was just shouting over their songs playing over the PA. Maybe it was just down to Sos not being there though. The energy was good but overall it was just disappointing because it was essentially karaoke. He even gave up on the last song and just crowd surfed whilst it continued over the PA. 

10 minutes ago, VCK said:

I predict one of the days will be:

Post Malone
Courteeners
Blossoms
The Wombats
Jimmy Eat World
The Hunna
Enter Shikari

Your thoughts?

More likely to be:

Post Malone

The Wombats

Post Malone

The Wombats

Post Malone

The Wombats

Post Malone

Edited by Darberry
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Benj said:

Don’t worry, they were shite

So by the sounds of it my day was better spent doing what I was doing, which as I recall was wandering around London with friends.

Seem to recall people there in 2007 saying that Arcade Fire's sub-headline set outshone RHCP's headline set, which does lend to my hunch they can be an inconsistent live act at best.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I caught City Morgue’s sets. It was Zilla on his own and he was just shouting over their songs playing over the PA. Maybe it was just down to Sos not being there though. The energy was good but overall it was just disappointing because it was essentially karaoke. He even gave up on the last song and just crowd surfed whilst it continued over the PA. 

Ah well that’s disappointing. Any reason given for no Sos? Could’ve sworn i saw him in backstage pictures. Tbf it would’ve been nice to see even that, if he did at least a couple of 33rd blakk glass, sk8 head and shinners13 i would’ve been very happy