2022 Festival

36 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

For sure. Definitely a reunion I'd pay the big bucks for. 

Me too. I’ve been listening through their discography today and they really were such an incredible band. I think the reunion would actually be great, too. 

25 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Aren't they a lesser version of Jack Whites solo band? Both in musical qualities and catalogue.

I'd love a new Jack tour though. 

No. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Aren't they a lesser version of Jack Whites solo band? Both in musical qualities and catalogue.

I'd love a new Jack tour though. 

Nah, if that was the case then Jack White would have surpassed The White Stripes which despite being great on his own he's not really done that.

I'd love to see The White Stripes back but I can't see it due to the odd interviews Jack has given since and mentioned Meg was just slightly indifferent or lacking excitement about the bands existence so unless she has new enthusiasm I don't think a big pay day will bring them back.

4 hours ago, VCK said:

Came here to suggest Royal Blood after hearing the new song. It's a good 'un ain't it? If this album debuts at number one, that's three in a row, artists have headlined on less than that in the past.

Said this the other day

was thinking earlier:

Dua Lipa/Dave

The Weeknd/Royal Blood

the Killers/Foals

MSE: Royal Blood, Nothing But Thieves, MGK, Don Broco.          MSW: Dua Lipa, Mabel, Blossoms, Pale Waves R1: Camelphat DS: My Nu Lung Pit: Don Broco (Two sets) FR: kennyhopla R1X: Iann Dior 

MSE: Dave, Skepta, Idles, Neck Deep MSW: Arctic Monkeys, Courtneers, DMA'S, Jamie T R1: Architects DS: High Contrast LU: AFI FR: The Sherlocks R1X: Kelis 

MSE: Rage Against The Machine, Run The Jewels, Enter Shikari, Denzel Curry MSW: Chase & Status,  Giggs, The Vaccines R1: Pendulum DS: Carl Cox Pit: Rise Against FR: Shame R1X: Lady Leshurr

On 1/25/2021 at 11:03 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah definitely, if that's still a stage(?). Don't think it's a dead cert or anything, but I reckon that's the slot they'll get if they are booked.

Lol I’ve completely forgot theyve ditched that stage. Can’t keep up.

Hmm I don’t think they’d be playing on a main stage east or whatever. They’d need a late night slot otherwise it would flop.

don’t really know what they can play if there’s no big tent anymore. They are t big enough for a mainstage crowd but a radio 1/ NME crowd like the old days they’d do fine with

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Lol I’ve completely forgot theyve ditched that stage. Can’t keep up.

Hmm I don’t think they’d be playing on a main stage east or whatever. They’d need a late night slot otherwise it would flop.

don’t really know what they can play if there’s no big tent anymore. They are t big enough for a mainstage crowd but a radio 1/ NME crowd like the old days they’d do fine with

They could just headline the Dance Stage if that's still a thing. I don't really think there's been any confirmation of what stages there will be, other than the two main stages.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong tho I haven't really been keeping up.

13 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

MSE: Royal Blood, Nothing But Thieves, MGK, Don Broco.          MSW: Dua Lipa, Mabel, Blossoms, Pale Waves R1: Camelphat DS: My Nu Lung Pit: Don Broco (Two sets) FR: kennyhopla R1X: Iann Dior 

MSE: Dave, Skepta, Idles, Neck Deep MSW: Arctic Monkeys, Courtneers, DMA'S, Jamie T R1: Architects DS: High Contrast LU: AFI FR: The Sherlocks R1X: Kelis 

MSE: Rage Against The Machine, Run The Jewels, Enter Shikari, Denzel Curry MSW: Chase & Status,  Giggs, The Vaccines R1: Pendulum DS: Carl Cox Pit: Rise Against FR: Shame R1X: Lady Leshurr

are chase and status headliners still? not too sure on that honestly also Mabel subbing is criminal imo, surely Blossoms are way better for the job?

I can't see Iann Dior being in the R1X by 2022 at the rate hes growing, probs will be someone we've never heard of in all 3 headline slots though honestly.

pendulum v ratm is also a horrible clash 😞 

On 1/28/2021 at 11:16 AM, Alex Winstone said:

not getting 2 main stages with acts as big as Arctics or RATM

On 1/28/2021 at 11:16 AM, Alex Winstone said:

There are soooooo many acts placed wayyyyy too low in this prediction.

You’re being miles too hopeful.

17 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Bring Me the Horizon just got another number 1 album.

Possible for next year as a headliner if this whole two stage thing is a permanent addition?

"bUt tHeY dIdN't sElL oUt ApE"

Hate this argument. They've been working their way up the bill for years, and on the back of POST HUMAN, more than deserve a shot. When you see Catfish and Disclosure headlining, it really shouldn't be out of the realms of possibility.

6 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Hate this argument. They've been working their way up the bill for years, and on the back of POST HUMAN, more than deserve a shot. When you see Catfish and Disclosure headlining, it really shouldn't be out of the realms of possibility.

I would absolutely much prefer BMTH over Disclosure and Catfish any day of the week, they’ve earnt the headline status IMO

4 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

It's not that they just didn't sell it out, they had only sold about 10% of the capacity after three months on sale.

I do agree thought that, now that there are six headline slots to fill, an act of BMTH's size would have to be in consideration.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

I do think BMTH can play. But I’ve thought that for 5+ years now and they haven’t shown up.

They haven’t been booked (in a proper slot) since 2015. There has to be a reason for that.

The reason probably is that FR don’t see them as standalone headliners. And BMTH don’t want to co-headline.

I think BMTH is such a risky headline option honestly, im sure it would be a great show but after coronavirus they probably want a sure fire sell out (which will probably happen anyway mind you)

With 6 headliners i can see it happening though for sure.