2022 Festival

Annoying there's no Cardiff date as that would be my nearest arena but he was so good at Reading I may have to do the London or Birmingham date. Glad he was good, I had tickets to 3 of his gigs and 6 festivals that he either pulled out of or got cancelled between 2018-2021 so it was the first time I actually saw him.

6 minutes ago, 19liam75 said:

Do we reckon this rules out RHCP & Strokes coming over for R&L next year?  Both in UK June/July time... cant imagine they'd come back over. The gap though may suggest otherwise.image.png.0207adea2da863fc1179f4a3eed39a31.png

I don’t like the gap but I’d suggest this along with 3 stadium shows in the UK rules RHCP out. 

5 minutes ago, jump said:

The support acts they have on that tour are mental, it almost make me want to go.

Me too. They were dire when I saw them at Leeds ‘16; genuinely the worst headline set I’ve ever seen. However, my partner loves them and will desperately want to go. Manchester is closest to us and with A$AP Rocky supporting, I am a bit tempted to go. 

Edited by Andre91

45 minutes ago, 19liam75 said:

Do we reckon this rules out RHCP & Strokes coming over for R&L next year?  Both in UK June/July time... cant imagine they'd come back over. The gap though may suggest otherwise.image.png.0207adea2da863fc1179f4a3eed39a31.png

They both have a history with the festival. I'd say it rules them in. I mean, it's a R&L sized gap - 9 days whereas elsewhere the largest gap is only 3 days. That gap is there for a reason and I suspect that reason is R&L.

14 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

They both have a history with the festival. I'd say it rules them in. I mean, it's a R&L sized gap - 9 days whereas elsewhere the largest gap is only 3 days. That gap is there for a reason and I suspect that reason is R&L.

It’ll never happen in a million years but imagine the strength of: 

RHCP / The Strokes 

AM / Doja Cat 

RATM / Dave 

Edited by Andre91

25 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Me too. They were dire when I saw them at Leeds ‘16; genuinely the worst headline set I’ve ever seen. However, my partner loves them and will desperately want to go. Manchester is closest to us and with A$AP Rocky supporting, I am a bit tempted to go. 

My missus is the opposite and hates them, we got offered free drinks and a VIP box to see them on their last tour and she insisted I pay her so I literally had to give her a penny to go with me.

I'm hoping Thundercat will book a one off date away from their tour whilst he's over.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, VCK said:

In my experience RHCP and The Strokes are both complete garbage live, but if they're playing together in Manchester the temptation may be a little too much.

Last time I saw Chillis was definitely the best time. Heard many a bad reports since then though.  If they got The Stones that weeekend, we'd have had The Stone Roses, Blur, The Stones and RHCP. You probably would have never beat those 4 ever.

I actually thought The Strokes at T2011 were class. First time seeing them and I was in my element. RHCP we’re good in 2003 but been pretty shit since then but my partner enjoyed there set at Rock Werchter in 2016? I think it was but the still weren’t as good as RHCP should be with their back catalogue. 

25 minutes ago, 19liam75 said:

Tame Impala announced for Rock En Seine 27th Aug, will this finally be the year they return? 

Probably not but would hope so.

I can't see them missing out the UK if they're over here anyway, unless they do a different UK gig. Tame Impala would be some booking but wouldn't they lose their light show if it was anything other than a post 9pm headline slot?

Well the Rock En Seine doesn’t give us any indication of who will be at R&L, sigh. Either RATM will play the Thursday of Rock En Seine or not at all, I don’t think this will affect their chances of played R&L. If they’ve chosen 1 it’ll be R&L as it’ll be a bigger pay check for two shows and I can’t see RATM not coming to Europe. 

Tame Impala will be at APE as I think it’s already been confirmed they’re doing the end of August dates again.