2022 Festival

43 minutes ago, Huwey said:

Seeing yungblud 4 times in 6 weeks ( with 3 more to come) then saying musically you've seen alot worse ?  Each to there own but don't you need to be more than " fun and energetic" to headline reading? Just a thought 🤔

Reading will do and have done a lot worse than have Yungblud headline. Not sure he’ll make the step up myself but sold out a pretty chunky academy tour, 5 dates at Kentish Town and Alexandra Palace recently so he’s definitely someone to look out for. Great live act, has a massive fan base, a good message and has some bangers as well but feel like he needs his next album to be pretty big to progress to headline status. Can see him doing Wembley Arena or a little run of arenas next year once he’s announced his next album which he’s apparently already written and recorded. Imagine he’ll play Glastonbury next year, he subbed R&L this year so I doubt he’d come back and sub again although stranger things have happened but it would be odd and he’s not ready to headline yet. 

56 minutes ago, foolee said:

Reading will do and have done a lot worse than have Yungblud headline. Not sure he’ll make the step up myself but sold out a pretty chunky academy tour, 5 dates at Kentish Town and Alexandra Palace recently so he’s definitely someone to look out for. Great live act, has a massive fan base, a good message and has some bangers as well but feel like he needs his next album to be pretty big to progress to headline status. Can see him doing Wembley Arena or a little run of arenas next year once he’s announced his next album which he’s apparently already written and recorded. Imagine he’ll play Glastonbury next year, he subbed R&L this year so I doubt he’d come back and sub again although stranger things have happened but it would be odd and he’s not ready to headline yet. 

Maybe in a few years he could headline. Technically he subbed at Leeds, but as we all know sub the second main is really forth down. My point is next year or so is too early for Yung close the festival.

Before the weird maths of working out the ranking of slots between the two main stages begins, I'm just gonna point out Yungblud wasn't meant to sub the 2nd main stage, he got bumped up to sub when Machine Gun Kelly pulled out and Blossoms were added below them. 

8 minutes ago, jump said:

Before the weird maths of working out the ranking of slots between the two main stages begins, I'm just gonna point out Yungblud wasn't meant to sub the 2nd main stage, he got bumped up to sub when Machine Gun Kelly pulled out and Blossoms were added below them. 

Yungblud was always going to sub Leeds, they were due to swap but when he pulled out Yungblud got bumped to sub at Reading. 

Thought I'd have a go, but I'm at the age where I'm very much out of touch with what's popular with the kids...

DAVE / Doja Cat / Dermot Kennedy / Becky Hill / MIST / 100 Gecs / The Amazons
ROYAL BLOOD / IDLES / Lady Leshurr / Yonaka / Don Broco / Crystal Fighters / Spector

ARCTIC MONKEYS / Courteeners / Olivia Rodrigo / Machine Gun Kelly / Pale Waves / Sundara Karma / Easy Life
HALSEY / Fredo / The Kooks / Fever 333 / Ghetts / White Reaper / Basement

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE / Run The Jewels / Fontaines D.C. / All Time Low / The Chats / JPEGMafia / Frank Turner
LEWIS CAPALDI / Glass Animals / Hayley Kiyoko / Fickle Friends / Mahalia / The Sherlocks / Mae Muller

46 minutes ago, VCK said:

Thought I'd have a go, but I'm at the age where I'm very much out of touch with what's popular with the kids...

DAVE / Doja Cat / Dermot Kennedy / Becky Hill / MIST / 100 Gecs / The Amazons
ROYAL BLOOD / IDLES / Lady Leshurr / Yonaka / Don Broco / Crystal Fighters / Spector

ARCTIC MONKEYS / Courteeners / Olivia Rodrigo / Machine Gun Kelly / Pale Waves / Sundara Karma / Easy Life
HALSEY / Fredo / The Kooks / Fever 333 / Ghetts / White Reaper / Basement

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE / Run The Jewels / Fontaines D.C. / All Time Low / The Chats / JPEGMafia / Frank Turner
LEWIS CAPALDI / Glass Animals / Hayley Kiyoko / Fickle Friends / Mahalia / The Sherlocks / Mae Muller

Never normally the one to say “no” but I’ve had a pint or two, Machine Gun Kelly would never be that low down. Pretty sure his last album was massive worldwide, not my thing but I’d imagine there may even be an argument to say he could headline in the 6 headliner setup.

• Upvote 1

Friday:

DAVE / Courteeners / Olivia Roderigo 

BMTH / Mgk / d-block Europe 

Saturday:

ARCTIC MONKEYS / kooks / glass animals 

DOJA CAT / playboi carti / idles

sunday:

RATM / Lewis Capaldi / headie one 

HALSEY / run the jewels / vaccines

still uncertain about the affordability of both rage and Arctic monkeys: so possibly dua lipa instead of monkeys and then royal blood instead of halsey or bump courteeners up to headliner 

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

Never normally the one to say “no” but I’ve had a pint or two, Machine Gun Kelly would never be that low down. Pretty sure his last album was massive worldwide, not my thing but I’d imagine there may even be an argument to say he could headline in the 6 headliner setup.

Yeah, MGK isn’t playing that low. He would sub at the very least. 

33 minutes ago, Jericode said:

MGK / Slipknot co-head?

I reckon something is up with Slipknot. We are expecting Knotfest to be announced in the UK but when they announced their Euro dates it was a mix of festivals and their own Knotfests with nothing for here and I can’t see them skipping the UK.

I genuinely am predicting an MGK headline next year on the second main stage. He's huge at the minute, dropped out last minute and will definitely be in demand enough to do it by next summer. I can't stand the guy but I saw a LOT of people saying he was their most anticipated act on social media this year/saying how gutted they were he dropped out so it'd definitely go down well

49 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I genuinely am predicting an MGK headline next year on the second main stage. He's huge at the minute, dropped out last minute and will definitely be in demand enough to do it by next summer. I can't stand the guy but I saw a LOT of people saying he was their most anticipated act on social media this year/saying how gutted they were he dropped out so it'd definitely go down well

A second pop punk album is in the works and if it blows up like the first one, a MSW headline slot wouldn’t be out of reach, I don’t think. 

If they can get him back to sub, though, they will. 

Edited by Andre91

4 hours ago, metallimuse said:

See, I am out of touch 😉 

Thinking about it, he'd make a decent sub for Rage.

7 hours ago, metallimuse said:

I wonder how many years they’ll have to have the two main stages before we stop saying ‘if they’re doing the 6 headline thing’? Haha