2022 Festival

20 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Rumours for QOTSA in the U.K. next summer are heavily glasto aren’t they? Came around with the eilish rumours and shes just been confirmed so can only guess that was accurate too

I don’t think the rumours are linked but its looking very likely.

18 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Still can't believe they booked her in the tent when it was clear she was gonna be huge. They'll no doubt be taking a punt on some acts and a lot of them won't be destined to rise to the top. Possibly a bit controversial but in a few years the 2021 lineup could age well

Glastonbury did the same, moved her to Pyramid. Every lineup ages well, i’d say of recent ones 2018 has probably aged best considering how poorly received it was at the time (Travis Scott sub, Kendrick early headline slot etc + lots of great R1 bookings)

17 hours ago, TheWaters said:

I swore off Reading after this year and was only gonna be open to volunteering in future due to the overall feel of the crowd at the fest but RATM and AM would be a guaranteed weekend ticket for me. Throw Dave in there too and the other 3 headliners could be imagine dragons, machine gun kelly and courteeners for all i care and i’d still be buying my ticket the second it was announced.

Is AM a substantial rumour? Like half the posts on this page have them but surely they can’t afford RATM and AM in one year - and if they can its probably overkill. Dave and AM are a guaranteed sell out i’d say as long as the rest of the lineup isn’t absolute dogshit

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Is AM a substantial rumour? Like half the posts on this page have them but surely they can’t afford RATM and AM in one year - and if they can its probably overkill. Dave and AM are a guaranteed sell out i’d say as long as the rest of the lineup isn’t absolute dogshit

Neil first mentioned both Queens and Billie in the same post, I think he said he got them both from the same source.

Rage, Monkees and Dave are strong but it doesn't scream as the most expensive set of headliners they have ever had. Even though it's a really good set of headliners I wouldn't be so sure if it's an instant sell out, everyone is touring next year and there's more day fests and stadium gigs to come and people can only go to so many. 

2 hours ago, jump said:

Is there any reason people are speculating on Panic At The Disco? They have no new album or tour dates lined up as far as I’m aware of.

If we are talking headliners from out of nowhere I could see them trying to get Blink 182 now that Mark is cancer free and Travis is talking about flying again. There would be a fair bit of hype around their first gigs back.

I think they’ll have Tom back within a couple of years and will likely return then. 

3 hours ago, jump said:

Is there any reason people are speculating on Panic At The Disco? They have no new album or tour dates lined up as far as I’m aware of.

If we are talking headliners from out of nowhere I could see them trying to get Blink 182 now that Mark is cancer free and Travis is talking about flying again. There would be a fair bit of hype around their first gigs back.

Nah, can’t see blink ever playing R+L again unless Tom comes back. They’d not play less than headliner and now with Skiba their stock has dropped too much for FR to consider them for that slot anymore. 

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Glastonbury did the same, moved her to Pyramid. Every lineup ages well, i’d say of recent ones 2018 has probably aged best considering how poorly received it was at the time (Travis Scott sub, Kendrick early headline slot etc + lots of great R1 bookings)

They have a lot of money to throw about plus I don’t think AM are that expensive. They had muse and Eminem in the same year not long ago who would probs cost more. 

Even tho it’s marketed as 6 headliners it doesn’t mean much in a financial sense. They’re not all gonna be 6 out and out headliners pre 2 main stages. 

11 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Nah, can’t see blink ever playing R+L again unless Tom comes back. They’d not play less than headliner and now with Skiba their stock has dropped too much for FR to consider them for that slot anymore. 

Not that I'm saying they are likely or I give a shit if they play but we are now in the days of 6 headliners. They wouldn't touch the real mainstage but on the 2nd stage I can see it work out

Blink never took me for a "we must be a headline act" type act, they were on of the bands playing Fyre Festival just because they were offered money and they were willing to do small clubs in Kingston before covid. Actually I think I remember seeing them on a poster subbing to Childish Gambino at a fest not too long ago.

Only October but it seems that festivals are announcing earlier this year. Trnsmt already done headliners plus IOW and now one from Glasto.

Rock en Seine announcement on Friday will give some info on who is about late summer fests. I really do think AM are in with a shout of doing both fests plus other late summer ones like Pukkelpop, Lowlands etc. Not necessarily expecting an announcement this week but even seeing a gap with a TBC would narrow things down a bit and not rule them out.

On 10/4/2021 at 2:39 PM, TKOCF said:

A lot of people are already pinning Sam Fender, AJ Tracey, Wolf Alice, Yungblud and The Kid Laroi as possible future headliners so you might be onto something there.

After seeing Yungblud 4 times in the past 6 weeks (inc. (half) of his Leeds fest set, and his biggest headline show at Ally Pally) and with 3 more Yungblud shows for myself coming up, I could honestly see him doing it in 2023, and personally, I wouldn't complain one single bit. It's such a fun atmosphere, a good vibe, and a cracking concert to be involved in.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, TownNation said:

After seeing Yungblud 4 times in the past 6 weeks (inc. (half) of his Leeds fest set, and his biggest headline show at Ally Pally) and with 3 more Yungblud shows for myself coming up, I could honestly see him doing it in 2023, and personally, I wouldn't complain one single bit. It's such a fun atmosphere, a good vibe, and a cracking concert to be involved in.

Crap music though, isn’t it. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Only October but it seems that festivals are announcing earlier this year. Trnsmt already done headliners plus IOW and now one from Glasto.

Rock en Seine announcement on Friday will give some info on who is about late summer fests. I really do think AM are in with a shout of doing both fests plus other late summer ones like Pukkelpop, Lowlands etc. Not necessarily expecting an announcement this week but even seeing a gap with a TBC would narrow things down a bit and not rule them out.

UK VAT went up Oct 1 which explains a lot of early announcements. The next rise is April 1st which is why glasto is doing the resale in march.

1 hour ago, TownNation said:

Saw him at Leeds and we proceeded to sell our tickets for Doncaster (and we had even 'won' meet and greet with him). I like his music but thought he was god awful live. Basically him singing/running out of breath to a backing track with a few token instruments. He's got 'energy' but thats about it live

21 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Saw him at Leeds and we proceeded to sell our tickets for Doncaster (and we had even 'won' meet and greet with him). I like his music but thought he was god awful live. Basically him singing/running out of breath to a backing track with a few token instruments. He's got 'energy' but thats about it live

He can get a crowd going but he comes across as an insufferable bloke. Anyone see him on Buzzcocks last week? Weird is a decent album but he comes across as gimmicky on stage at times.

Seeing yungblud 4 times in 6 weeks ( with 3 more to come) then saying musically you've seen alot worse ?  Each to there own but don't you need to be more than " fun and energetic" to headline reading? Just a thought 🤔

46 minutes ago, Huwey said:

Seeing yungblud 4 times in 6 weeks ( with 3 more to come) then saying musically you've seen alot worse ?  Each to there own but don't you need to be more than " fun and energetic" to headline reading? Just a thought 🤔

The tastes of people on here are often quite different to what actually gets booked.