2022 Festival

On 1/2/2021 at 4:04 PM, dentalplan said:

I had a dream where I saw a Reading and Leeds lineup poster and it was:

Kendrick Lamar

Rammstein, My Chemical Romance, Nine Inch Nails (this is all one day)

Green Day, Biffy Clyro, Blink-182 (this is also all one day)

and then I logged on here to be all like "ha see Biffy Clyro are no longer seen as headliners here" but everyone was too busy losing their minds.

So I've stopped sniffing marker pens before bed.

Not to turn this into a '2022 Dreams' thread, but I dreamt a co-headline Vampire Weekend & Tame Impala tour was announced. Pains me that it isn't happening. 

There’s not a chance that they’re contracting to build a second stage just for one year.

They were looking at the dual main stage back in 2017 or whenever so it’s not just a necessity for pandemic times, and has probably finally been arranged because of the additional time from a cancelled fest.

They’ve been able to book acts who likely wouldn’t have played as non-headliners, plus I’m sure they’re not out of sorts about having to book fewer acts to fill small stages that get pitiful crowds.

Edited by dentalplan

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

There’s not a chance that they’re contracting to build a second stage just for one year.

They were looking at the dual main stage back in 2017 or whenever so it’s not just a necessity for pandemic times, and has probably finally been arranged because of the additional time from a cancelled fest.

They’ve been able to book acts who likely wouldn’t have played as non-headliners, plus I’m sure they’re not out of sorts about having to book fewer acts to fill small stages that get pitiful crowds.

In that case

Tame Impala

Courteneers

the Weeknd

Dua Lipa

Royal Blood

Slipknot

why fucking not

2 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

In that case

Tame Impala

Courteneers

the Weeknd

Dua Lipa

Royal Blood

Slipknot

why fucking not

I’d be all over The Weeknd day, really want to see him when this is all over. When he stepped up to headline festivals on his last album run he slayed it. The man hasn’t had a weak album in some time now. Killing it.

On 1/5/2021 at 6:35 AM, Andre91 said:

What’s shite about it? It hasn’t even debuted yet. 

It means smaller headliners because the money is split up more. The three headliners i picked there would never happen in the dual main stage setup. This year's lineup is actually alright though to be fair, but i think it really does rule out acts on the scale of Arctics

On 1/5/2021 at 12:37 PM, dentalplan said:

fair point this

On 1/6/2021 at 8:26 PM, gfa said:

It means smaller headliners because the money is split up more. The three headliners i picked there would never happen in the dual main stage setup. This year's lineup is actually alright though to be fair, but i think it really does rule out acts on the scale of Arctics

It doesn't mean that at all.

R+L is one of the biggest and richest festivals in the world. It's just kept two of its headliners and gone out and added four more. The likes of Arctic Monkeys are still very much in play.

9 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

i’d be surprised if Catfish and Disclosure aren’t paying R&L to let them headline. 

I mean I think this year is better than any other for both of them, imagine the uproar if we got them last year. At least this year we’re all desperate to see music and so it doesn’t matter who

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

It clearly means nothing but Hayley has explicitly stated that Paramore are still a band. #Paramore2022

If they are back by 22 I think them or MCR will definitely be there

22 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

i’d be surprised if Catfish and Disclosure aren’t paying R&L to let them headline. 

Disclosure did it before to be fair. I am actually excited to see both honestly - other than Post Malone I will probably see every headliner tent dependent

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, gfa said:

Disclosure did it before to be fair. I am actually excited to see both honestly - other than Post Malone I will probably see every headliner tent dependent

nah i’m very excited to see them too and all the headliners to be honest, think it’s quite a fun set even if it is incredibly safe. just think they probably haven’t deserved the headline slot, particularly catfish who are headlining things like NBHD weekender next summer 

19 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The White Stripes released a greatest hits collection in December and launched an Instagram page for the first time. It would just be lovely if they came back, wouldn’t it? 

Aren't they a lesser version of Jack Whites solo band? Both in musical qualities and catalogue.

I'd love a new Jack tour though.