2022 Festival

1 hour ago, jump said:

Not only were there freebie tixs for Citadel but they also lowered the official tix price by £15.

Again, Black sabbath were free and £2.50. 
I’m sure it happened with a few other huge bands at BST. Neil Young and Arcade Fire after a quick google search. Not sure if it happened any other years.

im not saying Catfish are huge. Just noting how cherry picked some of the comments are towards Catfish.

Edited by Rotinajer
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, gfa said:

If BMTH headline i'm sure the people who are there will enjoy it and have a good time, but I don't think they have wide enough appeal - the dance tent and campsites will be packed no doubt. Its not like say Biffy this year where they have a much older, cemented fan base - same with Rage and other similar acts booked in recent years. Just can't see it yet when R&L have such a big pool of options.

Biffy was hardly packed out this year in fairness. Think the vast majority of those who saw Biffy would have at least a moderate interest in watching a BMTH headline show. 

32 minutes ago, Rotinajer said:

Again, Black sabbath were free and £2.50. 
I’m sure it happened with a few other huge bands at BST. Neil Young and Arcade Fire after a quick google search. Not sure if it happened any other years.

im not saying Catfish are huge. Just noting how cherry picked some of the comments are towards Catfish.

I got Blur for £2.50 for BST.

People can say what they want about Catfish lol, they smashed their Wales set and at £40 I won't find a lineup that beats it for my money.

5 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

Biffy was hardly packed out this year in fairness. Think the vast majority of those who saw Biffy would have at least a moderate interest in watching a BMTH headline show. 

I know people who do but then I also know a crowd that wouldn't choose to buy Biffy Clyro tour tickets.

6 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Wow! Fair play you can’t knock Download for trying to book those three

I believe the story goes that all three had agreed to play and initially KISS had offered themselves but DL said no (because they had those three lined up). Foo Fighters decided to do stadium shows over here instead, RATM were convinced by R&L and Rammstein pulled their tour that year. KISS then got drafted in as a replacement and The Offspring and Prophets got bumped up. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I believe the story goes that all three had agreed to play and initially KISS had offered themselves but DL said no (because they had those three lined up). Foo Fighters decided to do stadium shows over here instead, RATM were convinced by R&L and Rammstein pulled their tour that year. KISS then got drafted in as a replacement and The Offspring and Prophets got bumped up. 

I’m always been skeptical about how lined up they acts actually were. I’m sure they talked to them as a booker of a 100k capacity festival should but Rage always seemed destined for R&L to the point that even today when they don’t feel as much like a R&L act anymore they  are still likely to play, Rammstein when asked about playing Download for the first time basically said they don’t give a shit and Foos have never headlined in the entirety of Download.

It’s like how Copping use to say this band is exclusive to Download but they would then show up at another festival or have their own gigs.

8 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I got Blur for £2.50 for BST.

People can say what they want about Catfish lol, they smashed their Wales set and at £40 I won't find a lineup that beats it for my money.

I know people who do but then I also know a crowd that wouldn't choose to buy Biffy Clyro tour tickets.

We need an official efestival drinking game where every time Gazza talks about his money everyone takes a shot!

10 hours ago, Rotinajer said:

Tickets were being given away for Black sabbath in London.. with a very stacked undercard.. 

London festivals are hard to sell out, especially when they’re new brands like Citadel or All points east. Let’s not use that as a reason to shit on a band.

also, I went to Catfish Citadel and don’t remember tickets even being given out for that one.

Black Sabbath was announced well after a large number of people had booked sonisphere. Would have done better wig an earlier announcement/being on the other weekend

12 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Black Sabbath was announced well after a large number of people had booked sonisphere. Would have done better wig an earlier announcement/being on the other weekend

I’m banging on about catfish, but if you want to go down that route.. they’ve played multiple large arena tours, and played at just about every mid sized festival in their genre. As someone else pointed out, 3 London outdoor shows in the years running

I don’t think I remember many rock acts selling out massive parks since around the time that BST started. I remember the Who doing it, and The Strokes doing it at APE.

19 minutes ago, Rotinajer said:

I’m banging on about catfish, but if you want to go down that route.. they’ve played multiple large arena tours, and played at just about every mid sized festival in their genre. As someone else pointed out, 3 London outdoor shows in the years running

I don’t think I remember many rock acts selling out massive parks since around the time that BST started. I remember the Who doing it, and The Strokes doing it at APE.

They aren't commenting on Catfish at all though. They were discussing Sabbath in neither a pro or anti Catfish way with a fair point after you had brought them up.

7 minutes ago, jump said:

They aren't commenting on Catfish at all though. They were discussing Sabbath in neither a pro or anti Catfish way with a fair point after you had brought them up.

Whole point was on them not selling out London festivals, to which the comparison came in.. 

i read it as [the reason why Sabbath had to sell at £2.50] was because they were booked for sonisphere 

14 hours ago, jump said:

Yep and they were giving away those Citadel and All Points East tixs.

They gave out fuck tons of APE BMTH tickets (everyone was saying only 8-12k tickets were actually sold iirc?).

Selling out 3 london festivals , 3 years in a row is quite a feat honestly even if it was someone a bit bigger

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

They gave out fuck tons of APE BMTH tickets (everyone was saying only 8-12k tickets were actually sold iirc?).

Selling out 3 london festivals , 3 years in a row is quite a feat honestly even if it was someone a bit bigger

I'm pretty sure their days didn't sell out at APE and Citadel but I could be wrong and to be honest I'm sick of talking about Catfish. 

10 minutes ago, jump said:

I'm pretty sure their days didn't sell out at APE and Citadel but I could be wrong and to be honest I'm sick of talking about Catfish. 

Well you'll be saddened to know I come with the news that the drummer quit last night
EDIT: I know they didn't sell them out was just saying its a difficult feat

Edited by gfa

22 minutes ago, gfa said:

They sold about 18k and then they gave a load away so ended up with over 20k attending.

2 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Sooooo…. When do we think R/L will drop? With IOW/TRNSMT both announcing early, you’d imagine they’ll announce as soon as they have a good chunk booked? Maybe this time next month?

October / November I’d say. I reckon there’s a chance more than usual will be revealed. 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

October / November I’d say. I reckon there’s a chance more than usual will be revealed. 

I'm not so sure about revealing more info than normal. It was only a few weeks ago Melvin said he's only got half the headliners booked. I'd imagine with so many other fests having already announced and Euro fests eager/have announced they will put something out soon-ish.

I'm trying to think of a realistic day for Rage which I'm not gonna hate. Anyone reckong this is possible or should I just give up?

Rage Against The Machine

Run The Jewels

Frank Carter

Slaves

Ghetts

Fever 333

KennyHoopla

48 minutes ago, jump said:

I'm trying to think of a realistic day for Rage which I'm not gonna hate. Anyone reckong this is possible or should I just give up?

Rage Against The Machine

Run The Jewels

Frank Carter

Slaves

Ghetts

Fever 333

KennyHoopla

Surely they would mix it up a bit? So R&L do totally catered days to headliners? I don’t think they do as they want to encourage people to get weekend tickets.

Won’t be surprised if we get Rage, Courteeners, RTJ again.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Surely they would mix it up a bit? So R&L do totally catered days to headliners? I don’t think they do as they want to encourage people to get weekend tickets.

Won’t be surprised if we get Rage, Courteeners, RTJ again.

There's a rapper and a rap group there, how much more mixed up do you want? 😜

I'm just trying to be optimistic as the thought of making me wait for Rage through The Courteeners depresses me. With two main stages I can see them try something like that. Keep the pop stuff on one stage and let the Rage day tix holders have a reason to get in the arena early and spend money on drink.