2022 Festival

7 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

BMTH we’re unreal last night, great set, great production, great crowd. We knew it already but they’re well deserving of a headline slot at either R&L or Download now.

One of the very best arena shows I’ve ever seen. 

They’ve been an arena band for a while but I’ve always had grumbles about them every time I’ve seen them in an arena; the setlist being a bit meh, Oli’s voice sounding shot, using backing tracks etc. but last night felt like BMTH have properly arrived as a live band. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Yeah can easily see the Chillis being a safer replacement if they haven’t managed to get Rage back. 

Dave / Royal Blood

RHCP / Doja

Kasabian / Dua 

They’d have to have fucked up to not have Rage back as Rage are essentially doing the same tour. Unless FR have given them their own outdoor show.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

One of the very best arena shows I’ve ever seen. 

They’ve been an arena band for a while but I’ve always had grumbles about them every time I’ve seen them in an arena; the setlist being a bit meh, Oli’s voice sounding shot, using backing tracks etc. but last night felt like BMTH have properly arrived as a live band. 

They were excellent. I’ve always viewed it like that too, previously when I’ve seen them it’s felt like they were only capable of playing to their existing dedicated fans but last night they gave so much more and looked like they could appeal to a main stage festival crowd.

If they did that set at R&L or Download it’d go down very very well. Last night was a proper headline set.

54 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

I know it’s been pointed up prior but I want to vouch for BMTH. They were ridiculous last night. Would be a well deserved headliner.

Agree. After Amo was released I was calling for a headline slot, but looking back maybe that was slightly premature. I think what they’re doing with this whole 4 EPs taking on different sounds is clever as fuck and will help them fill a headline set with a variety of sounds.

1 hour ago, iistroudley said:

I know it’s been pointed up prior but I want to vouch for BMTH. They were ridiculous last night. Would be a well deserved headliner.

It was great to hear Oli say that he's been looking after himself re: being sober etc. You could tell this tour has meant a lot to him from his emotion on stage

43 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

Agree. After Amo was released I was calling for a headline slot, but looking back maybe that was slightly premature. I think what they’re doing with this whole 4 EPs taking on different sounds is clever as fuck and will help them fill a headline set with a variety of sounds.

The EPs could take them to the next level - the more they do collaborations with relevant acts like Yungblud, the more bookable they'll become at R&L. Wouldn't be surprised if they did one with MGK on the next EP. Then if there was a rock day at R&L with these kind of acts, BMTH would be an obvious booking

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TownNation said:

Yeah I attest to BMTH been absolutely ridiculous live this time around, They were amazing and defo ready for a headline slot. Saw them in Sheffield and was the 8th time I’ve seen them, but the best I’ve seen them too. Absolute class 

Can't begin to say how good it was in Sheffield, best arena gig I've ever been to. Everyone in there seemed well up for it after so long away. If not R&L then I hope they do something in the UK next year besides a potential Knotfest, not sure I could wait till 2023 to see them again.

Was hoping they'd do Leeds and Hatfield around Slam Dunk but YMAS have take that slot, unless there's a spot free in Hatfield Saturday, Leeds Sunday

41 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

It was great to hear Oli say that he's been looking after himself re: being sober etc. You could tell this tour has meant a lot to him from his emotion on stage

You could definitely tell that this was indeed his first ever sober tour. He sounded monolithic, they played for far longer than usual and he wasn’t chatting complete shit at every opportunity. 

11 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Was hoping they'd do Leeds and Hatfield around Slam Dunk but YMAS have take that slot, unless there's a spot free in Hatfield Saturday, Leeds Sunday

Well between Slam Dunk and the YMAS shows, Hatfield is booked 2nd & 4th, Leeds is booked 1st & 3rd, so there's a day in between the two shows and a day after SD that could still be used and are on bank holidays/weekends. You kinda feel like they'll fill the middle day with something at least, I don't see why they'd have a down day at each site.

20 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Well between Slam Dunk and the YMAS shows, Hatfield is booked 2nd & 4th, Leeds is booked 1st & 3rd, so there's a day in between the two shows and a day after SD that could still be used and are on bank holidays/weekends. You kinda feel like they'll fill the middle day with something at least, I don't see why they'd have a down day at each site.

That day could be used to put up the other stages perhaps.

2 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I mean, possibly, but surely it would just be easier to do the full build then close off the areas they aren't using for the YMAS show.

It depends on the logistics really. they may not have that much time to use the sites from the owners before hand and one stage to set up is quicker than several and may even be putting them on the day YM@6 are playing.

2 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

The EPs could take them to the next level - the more they do collaborations with relevant acts like Yungblud, the more bookable they'll become at R&L. Wouldn't be surprised if they did one with MGK on the next EP. Then if there was a rock day at R&L with these kind of acts, BMTH would be an obvious booking

Definitely. I think the key to R&Ls sustained success is having a rock oriented day much like Foos in 2019 or what was to be RATM in 2020. Mainly because I can’t see any other festival booking a day like the Foos day (copping has no balls to do it for Download, Glastonbury is much less about the lineup as it is the experience, IOW maybe but we’ll see what they put on the just announced Muse day, and any other fest seems too small for bands like Foos supported by a nice rock undercard).

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

You could definitely tell that this was indeed his first ever sober tour. He sounded monolithic, they played for far longer than usual and he wasn’t chatting complete shit at every opportunity. 

Absolutely, he didn't say much compared to usual but he didn't need to, the music did the talking. I'm usually critical of bands that don't interact with the crowd but he was as good a front man as ever. Don't know if you were at/have seen the Big Weekend 2019 set on YouTube but the difference between Oli between then and now is mad.

20 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

Definitely. I think the key to R&Ls sustained success is having a rock oriented day much like Foos in 2019 or what was to be RATM in 2020. Mainly because I can’t see any other festival booking a day like the Foos day (copping has no balls to do it for Download, Glastonbury is much less about the lineup as it is the experience, IOW maybe but we’ll see what they put on the just announced Muse day, and any other fest seems too small for bands like Foos supported by a nice rock undercard).

It'd go down so well and address concerns some people have about R&L going way too mainstream way too fast. RATM and BMTH as headliners on one day probably won't happen but if you threw in support like MGK, Yungblud, Idles and then a smattering of chart stuff day tickets would fly out