2022 Festival

15 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

BMTH are the band that have everything that's required to do an amazing headline set. loyal fanbase, sells out arenas, amazing production but for some reason they never get the bump in neither Reading and Download

Not particularly many people at R&L would care about them - would be similar to how Biffy Clyro was this year, fans would love but for the school leavers they would just go elsewhere. Download is a different story though

39 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

I take it we still think Rage look likely? US your running to mid-August, could get a couple of European dates in afterwards?

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s pretty much a carbon copy of what they had planned for 2020.

Yeah, it’s going to basically be the same tour and Melvin wouldn’t not book them regardless of whether they suit R&L. Rage like the festival and will sell out day tickets. 

20 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

Saw All Time Low at Brixton last night and Alex (lead singer) said "we'll be back in the UK late next summer". Could be a shout for an afternoon slot on a main stage?

So that’s Rage, Lewis Capaldi and All Time Low all likely to be carried over from the 2020 lineup.

Getting carried away but can you imagine how good a day with RATM, BMTH and All Time Low would be

• Upvote 1

Tbh All Time Low is a step up from The Courteeners but if they are booking a line up with more "snyergy" with Rage then I'd like to see some acts like Frank Carter, Run The Jewels, IDLES, Against Me!, Fever 333, Stray From The Path etc.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jump said:

Tbh All Time Low is a step up from The Courteeners but if they are booking a line up with more "snyergy" with Rage then I'd like to see some acts like Frank Carter, Run The Jewels, IDLES, Against Me!, Fever 333, Stray From The Path etc.

ATL were on stormzys day rather than rages

3 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

ATL were on stormzys day rather than rages

I was commenting on the post from the other page about a Rage day having All Time Low on it.

I just want proper pissed off riot music that day!

I'm not sure I'd say Capaldi's likely. When he postponed his 2021 tour he pre-confirmed all of his UK festival dates apart from R/L (Latitude, TRNSMT, Isle of Wight). I reckon he just fancied being on the 2020 lineup with Stormzy after it was announced so he got in touch, hence why they moved TDCC's day.

1 hour ago, TKOCF said:

Yeah can easily see the Chillis being a safer replacement if they haven’t managed to get Rage back. 

Dave / Royal Blood

RHCP / Doja

Kasabian / Dua 

Once you take Rage out of the headline spots that looks dreadful. Must be getting old. 

8 minutes ago, foolee said:

Once you take Rage out of the headline spots that looks dreadful. Must be getting old. 

The thing about Rage for  me is that it's now coming upto 2 years of hyping myself up for their reunion and will probably be 3 when they I do see them. All other acts can fuck off as it's been built up too much now.

2 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Yeah can easily see the Chillis being a safer replacement if they haven’t managed to get Rage back. 

Dave / Royal Blood

RHCP / Doja

Kasabian / Dua 

Put RHCP and Dua Lipa on the same day and I'd probably go.

Kasabian will not be in that slot.