2022 Festival

I agree with the shout a few pages back about Halsey headlining.

Seems like something that would totally happen while everyone else is looking at Dua Lipa and Doja Cat making the step up. Plus, I think it was rumoured to happen at one point a couple of years back anyway.

Probably more likely to be Main Stage West before a major American headliner like Eminem or Rage takes the East.

35 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I agree with the shout a few pages back about Halsey headlining.

Seems like something that would totally happen while everyone else is looking at Dua Lipa and Doja Cat making the step up. Plus, I think it was rumoured to happen at one point a couple of years back anyway.

Probably more likely to be Main Stage West before a major American headliner like Eminem or Rage takes the East.

Her new album is great so I’d be all for it. It’s just whether she’ll tour the new album after having her first child recently. 

Knotfest Finland in Aug 2022. As much as slipknot headlining would be excellent it won't happen and I'm expecting a Knotfest UK 2022 announcement.

That said, BMTH are on that line up so could definitely be at RandL as I'm sure they see themselves as a headliner in the UK rather than 2nd/3rd at Knotfest.

8 minutes ago, kjvffm said:

Knotfest Finland in Aug 2022. As much as slipknot headlining would be excellent it won't happen and I'm expecting a Knotfest UK 2022 announcement.

That said, BMTH are on that line up so could definitely be at RandL as I'm sure they see themselves as a headliner in the UK rather than 2nd/3rd at Knotfest.

I can see BMTH being the main sub for Knotfest as they said they wanted to do things they like doing. For some reason I can’t see R&L booking BMTH to headline, think they’ll go with Rage and Royal Blood. Doubt they’d have 3 heavy guitar acts tbh. BFMV also teasing something this week and BMTH tour ends this week so could see Knotfest UK announced. 

6 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

They are still doing a lot of maketing for their first release tickets on socials.

What do you think, how close to an announcement are we?

Could be next week, could be not even till next year honestly. Y Not and NBHD Weekender are announcing tomorrow so maybe other festivals will soon be following suit.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

BMTH are playing at almost every Knotfest in the world, if the UK one happens they will be there

They're smaller in other countries than the UK. Even if they're not headlining Reading yet, they're not likely to be subbing someone else's one-day festival.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They're smaller in other countries than the UK. Even if they're not headlining Reading yet, they're not likely to be subbing someone else's one-day festival.

Looking forward to seeing BMTH on Friday. From the looks of the videos they’ve got the stage production nailed. After two sold out arena tours and headlong APE I’m not sure where they go from here if it’s not headlining either R&L main stage or Download.

34 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Looking forward to seeing BMTH on Friday. From the looks of the videos they’ve got the stage production nailed. After two sold out arena tours and headlong APE I’m not sure where they go from here if it’s not headlining either R&L main stage or Download.

Also going on Friday and excited, but dissapointed at the lack of Sleepwalking and It Never Ends

8 hours ago, sacred shape said:

Also going on Friday and excited, but dissapointed at the lack of Sleepwalking and It Never Ends

Yeah it definitely feels like they’ve binned off some crowd favourites like those plus Avalanche, Antivist, Diamonds Aren’t Forever in favour of nearly doing the new EP I’m full. Would be happy not to see Dear Diary and Kingslayer tbh.

Teardrops is a belting start, I just hope the pit is on the ball from the get go since it’s my favourite at the minute

Just heading back from seeing Bring Me in Glasgow. Unreal, up there with one of the best gigs I’ve been to. Great setlist for me personally, new songs were phenomenal live, unreal production, and Oli sounding better than ever. Don’t care what anyone says, they would absolutely smash a headline set, whether that be at R+L or Download.

On a side note, no ‘Fuck’ with Josh Francheschi and Oli not coming out for ‘Bite My Tongue’ was weird.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Yeah it definitely feels like they’ve binned off some crowd favourites like those plus Avalanche, Antivist, Diamonds Aren’t Forever in favour of nearly doing the new EP I’m full. Would be happy not to see Dear Diary and Kingslayer tbh.

Teardrops is a belting start, I just hope the pit is on the ball from the get go since it’s my favourite at the minute

You’d be happy not to see Kingslayer? Are you alright? 😂 I’m very happy with all of those new songs being played. 

If I never hear Sleepwalking and, particularly, Antivist live again, it’ll be too soon. Antivist is bum. 

38 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Just heading back from seeing Bring Me in Glasgow. Unreal, up there with one of the best gigs I’ve been to. Great setlist for me personally, new songs were phenomenal live, unreal production, and Oli sounding better than ever. Don’t care what anyone says, they would absolutely smash a headline set, whether that be at R+L or Download.

On a side note, no ‘Fuck’ with Josh Francheschi and Oli not coming out for ‘Bite My Tongue’ was weird.

I keep telling myself that they’re saving Fuck for their hometown show on Friday which I’m going to just to make myself feel better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

You’d be happy not to see Kingslayer? Are you alright? 😂 I’m very happy with all of those new songs being played. 

If I never hear Sleepwalking and, particularly, Antivist live again, it’ll be too soon. Antivist is bum. 

I actually would, it’s a tune but there’s songs I’d rather, something else off Sempiternal would do it personally. It’ll be a top night either way looking at the videos

2 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Courteeners headlining Y Not. Hopefully means they are out of the running for R+L? Doubt they’d share a headliner 

It didn't stop Laim Gallagher but I hope it does, anything to avoid a stupid paining  like Rage and Courteeners again.