Jump to content

2022 Festival


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, foolee said:

Probably someone like Major Lazor or Chase and Status because they want a dance act but nothing too expensive and still fits the festival. Or maybe Panic! again. 

Chase are too small and i think major lazer has dropped off quite a bit. Chase are doing a 5K festival in Reading next weekend.

lovebox for finsbury 16th july also, may show who’s about hoping for Brockhampton to come back among others. Probably will announce soon after such a long break.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Jericode said:

DOAB was incredible. I really liked PFTW as well.

FOB peaked with Infinity on High for me, although I liked Save Rock and Roll a lot.

I remember absolutely hating DOAB at the time and writing it off. It’s only been the last 2/3 years that I’ve grown to love it; it’s got some of the best pop bangers on of the last decade. 
 

If FOB had never came back and had just released their first four albums, they would have a serious, serious shout at being my favourite band ever. That initial four album run was incredible. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jericode said:

DOAB was incredible. I really liked PFTW as well.

FOB peaked with Infinity on High for me, although I liked Save Rock and Roll a lot.

My friends know what you did was alright but as a band I think they died after IOH. Take this to your grave was my favorite though probably, I was a huge fan when they did the Reading circuits back in late 2000s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

My friends know what you did was alright but as a band I think they died after IOH. Take this to your grave was my favorite though probably, I was a huge fan when they did the Reading circuits back in late 2000s

I’ll bat for Folie until the end of time. It’s got some serious bangers on!
 

Disloyal Order of Water-Buffaloes (which is one of the very best songs they’ve ever made) 

My Winona

America’s Suitehearts

The (Shipped) Gold Standard

(Coffee’s For Closers)

What A Catch Donnie 

I think it’s a really overlooked FOB album. Is it as solid gold as the first three? No, but it’s still a strong album with some great songs on.
 

Screw it: 

1. Infinity On High 

2. From Under The Cork Tree 

3. Take This To Your Grave 

4. Folie á Deux

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

There's definitely good stuff on Folie, Water Buffaloes is amazing. Retrospectively I think it's looked on more fondly.

Agree with your list though for the pre-hiatus albums.

There is definitely a turning of age for FOB too I feel. Like my friend is 27/28 and he loves Folie onwards more but didn't get into them pre that. I saw them in 06, 07, on their own tour then 09 but that was just what I'd heard plus loads I wasn't bothered for. It was Reading, the sound was patchy and they weren't their best.

Just been going through their old stuff. I slept with someone from fall out boy was an absolute banger off that album. If they did a tour of the first 3 albums I'd be all over it and pay quite a bit. Definitely for the first two albums.

Edited by thewayiam
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FOB literally responsible for my username. I'm half doomed and you're semi-sweet! They had a seriously strong decade and truth be told they still knock out the odd banger. Wilson (Expensive Mistakes) is an absolute ripper. But yeah, Save Rock and Roll is aight, then American Beauty/Pyscho and MANIA have maybe a handful of songs i ever go back to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

I feel like ABAP gets a worse rep than it deserves, it's not as strong as the earlier stuff but I don't think there are any songs on it I actively dislike.

Yh I’d agree with this, probably my favourite FOB album tbh 😬😬, at least the one that got me into them. I like the big hits of the older ones but that’s the FOB album for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Yh I’d agree with this, probably my favourite FOB album tbh 😬😬, at least the one that got me into them. I like the big hits of the older ones but that’s the FOB album for me

AB/AP is absolute arse. COME ON. Turgid stuff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the only female suggestion I've seen is Lorde making an appearance.

 

 

Considering the current Zeitgeist, is it a reasonable suggestion they may make 1 of the main stages a female led stage for the one day.

 

Something like (obviously most of these could sub or 3rd down):

 

Little Simz > Haim > Lizzo > Wolf Alice > Paramore > Billie Eilish

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

I think the only female suggestion I've seen is Lorde making an appearance.

 

 

Considering the current Zeitgeist, is it a reasonable suggestion they may make 1 of the main stages a female led stage for the one day.

 

Something like (obviously most of these could sub or 3rd down):

 

Little Simz > Haim > Lizzo > Wolf Alice > Paramore > Billie Eilish

You’ve got 4 acts playing way too low there. Have you seen how the festival tends to bill acts? HAIM would sub and Lizzo would probably be a headliner and so would Paramore. 

Also Billie’s headlining Glastonbury. She’s not playing.

Edited by Matt42
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

I think the only female suggestion I've seen is Lorde making an appearance.

 

 

Considering the current Zeitgeist, is it a reasonable suggestion they may make 1 of the main stages a female led stage for the one day.

 

Something like (obviously most of these could sub or 3rd down):

 

Little Simz > Haim > Lizzo > Wolf Alice > Paramore > Billie Eilish

Yea I’d say they’re all a bit too low, especially Lizzo and Haim.

I also think the whole ‘female-led’ stage for a day is a bit gimmicky, booking more female acts and spreading them across the line-up would solve their problem. It really is simple.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Chad888 said:

I think the only female suggestion I've seen is Lorde making an appearance.

 

 

Considering the current Zeitgeist, is it a reasonable suggestion they may make 1 of the main stages a female led stage for the one day.

 

Something like (obviously most of these could sub or 3rd down):

 

Little Simz > Haim > Lizzo > Wolf Alice > Paramore > Billie Eilish

I can definitely see there being way more female acts on the main stage lineup in 2022. The chart stuff went down incredibly well and the main stages were packed for a lot of the female acts this year, particularly the higher profile ones. We know Melvin had doubts about female acts from his TPD interview but any doubts should have been put to bed by the crowds this year, even though next year might not sell out.

I'd expect to see some of Dua Lipa, Doja Cat, Anne-Marie, Olivia Rodrigo, Charli XCX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, nathanh said:

I could see

-Olivia Rodrigo - would be a good get

-Doja Cat - would headline

-Megan Thee Stallion - sub headline

-Charli XCX - 3/4th down?

-Mabel - did she play this year?

-Anne Marie - agree

being on the main stages over the weekend

Thoughts on those.

Doja would headline and I think Megan would be sub or nothing now.

O Rod I’d argue is bigger than both of them right now. I think she might just do her own tour and maybe pop up at Glastonbury / Big Weekend

Edited by Matt42
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

O Rod I’d argue is bigger than both of them right now. I think she might just do her own tour and maybe pop up at Glastonbury / Big Weekend

I think shes definitely going to play Big Weekend and Glasto however this may be a stretch but I could see her play the Billie/ Kid Laroi slot or the sub the other main stage

Edited by nathanh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, stanh said:

cant really see mabel being back once again (so soon) as she has done it quite a few years in a row now. but anne marie is definitely a good shout. 

would love to see maisie peters on the lineup somewhere too, saw her at boardmasters and she was mint

She done a secret set this year so could be likely

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, nathanh said:

I think shes definitely going to play Big Weekend and Glasto however this may be a stretch but I could see her play the Billie/ Kid Laroi slot or the sub the other main stage

She’s much, much bigger than that already isn’t she? Certainly The kid Laroi, there is no comparison there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anne-Marie has been mentioned a lot recently - would love to see her get a good slot, it’d be very well deserved. Get KSI back too, his crowds were mental. And boost Yungblud up to headline maybe? Honestly just taking it as it comes and keeping an open mind - just looking forward to seeing whomever over the weekend!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TownNation said:

Anne-Marie has been mentioned a lot recently - would love to see her get a good slot, it’d be very well deserved. Get KSI back too, his crowds were mental. And boost Yungblud up to headline maybe? Honestly just taking it as it comes and keeping an open mind - just looking forward to seeing whomever over the weekend!

God, your music taste is tragic 🤣

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...