2022 Festival

1 hour ago, VCK said:

It's not uncommon for American artists to do both TITP/TRNSMT and R&L. The Strokes did that in 2011. I was also thinking they'd be a great choice for MSW, too big to merely sub but maybe not big enough to outright headline these days.

The Strokes are doing like Primavera etc though, then TRNSMT so pretty unlikely they are in Europe from early June-end of August. Unless they go back and forth but seems pretty unlikely to me. They were meant to be at Sziget mind you, so potentially rebooked for that.

18 hours ago, Darberry said:

I'd put money on the Strokes headlining MSW now. Easy booking for FR

I wouldn't. They are bigger than any band we had on that stage this year. I agree that topping the bill at APE far more likely. They can also do more than 16 songs. I'd rather have ome less band on the two bigger stage and allow both headliners to do 1hr 30 than 1hr 15 each.

The longer Metallica don’t announce a June/July UK date the more it becomes a possibility of them playing R&L. Obviously won’t happen but I actually think this would be a decent set and a good mix for pretty much everyone and R&L can save some money on the MSW headliners without having to worry about selling tickets. 

Fri: Metallica/Doja Cat

Sat: Dave/Royal Blood

Sun: Rage Against the Machine/Courteeners

44 minutes ago, foolee said:

The longer Metallica don’t announce a June/July UK date the more it becomes a possibility of them playing R&L. Obviously won’t happen but I actually think this would be a decent set and a good mix for pretty much everyone and R&L can save some money on the MSW headliners without having to worry about selling tickets. 

Fri: Metallica/Doja Cat

Sat: Dave/Royal Blood

Sun: Rage Against the Machine/Courteeners

I thought Metallica were a shoe in but reading the Download boards yesterday a few people there have said there's heavy rumours they are doing their own Wembley show next year. I've not seen anything about that myself anywhere else but there though.

6 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I thought Metallica were a shoe in but reading the Download boards yesterday a few people there have said there's heavy rumours they are doing their own Wembley show next year. I've not seen anything about that myself anywhere else but there though.

I’d be happy with that. Just want some sort of UK show but hoping for a Saturday and something that isn’t clashing which is why I want them to announce it. I thought it was just a festival tour though so it would be strange if they played Wembley. 

44 minutes ago, foolee said:

I’d be happy with that. Just want some sort of UK show but hoping for a Saturday and something that isn’t clashing which is why I want them to announce it. I thought it was just a festival tour though so it would be strange if they played Wembley. 

They've announced a run of festival shows so far but it wouldn't be uncommon for them to announce their own shows as well in select countries that they aren't playing festivals in.

As I said though, I've not seen anything to suggest they are doing Wembley but it's what's written in there and it's not out of the realms of possibility that that may be the case.

Personally I think it could happen. I've not been on the Glasto thread for awhile but wouldn't surprise me to see them pop up there as a non main stage headliner/secret set due to the festivals celebration and Lar's love for it and then they do their own show around it.

Quick question sorry, just got a ticket to see Enter Shikari in Liverpool, payments gone through address is correct and the right postcode inputted. However it came up after clicking confirm payment that the postal code/zip code is wrong or something. What should I do?

12 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Quick question sorry, just got a ticket to see Enter Shikari in Liverpool, payments gone through address is correct and the right postcode inputted. However it came up after clicking confirm payment that the postal code/zip code is wrong or something. What should I do?

It's usually easily sorted with Seetickets/Gigs and Tours and even Ticketmaster believe it or not via Twitter, a quick message usually sorts it if they reply

• Upvote 1

Like most years we're pretty likely to get a really random artist as a headliner, either considered too small or just well past their peak. Anyone got best guesses as to who they think that might be, or to put the opposite forward who seems bang on likely but you reckon won't actually get the call/heads elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

Like most years we're pretty likely to get a really random artist as a headliner, either considered too small or just well past their peak. Anyone got best guesses as to who they think that might be, or to put the opposite forward who seems bang on likely but you reckon won't actually get the call/heads elsewhere.

Probably someone like Major Lazor or Chase and Status because they want a dance act but nothing too expensive and still fits the festival. Or maybe Panic! again. 

4 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Panic seem to have gone very quiet but I'd love them back to headline again.

I'd back this if he played their early stuff. I didn't see his 2018 set but speaking as someone who got into them at Pretty Odd, the setlist looked dire. The literal definition of a sell out

2 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I'd back this if he played their early stuff. I didn't see his 2018 set but speaking as someone who got into them at Pretty Odd, the setlist looked dire. The literal definition of a sell out

That set went down really well I think. 

didn’t see it but remember loads off here liking it a lot

25 minutes ago, Benj said:

That set went down really well I think. 

didn’t see it but remember loads off here liking it a lot

You'd suspect it'd have to be a similar setlist again if he came back based on this year's demographic. I can't imagine too many of them being up for Northern Downpour, When The Day Met The Night, Let's Kill Tonight etc.

Pretty Odd was a belting album but with the direction he's gone in it might as well not exist which is a shame.