2022 Festival

12 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

I’m a dark fruits music fan through and through but just seen Courteeners in Leicester and they were not good. 

Maybe they’ll pull it together in time for Old Trafford in two weeks, but tonight’s level of perform would stink up the main stage. 

Same predictable setlist.

On 9/8/2021 at 12:49 AM, thatTFBguy said:

I’m a dark fruits music fan through and through but just seen Courteeners in Leicester and they were not good. 

Maybe they’ll pull it together in time for Old Trafford in two weeks, but tonight’s level of perform would stink up the main stage. 

I've gone off them massively since they played Leeds Academy when warming up for the last Heaton Park gig. Turned up 45 minutes late with no reason given, rattled through the set with no umph and left without saying a word. Having seen them at Heaton Park (2015), Old Trafford (2017) and twice on the Leeds main stage they'd probably do a decent headline set if they could be arsed. New stuff is dire though, literally just releasing albums so they can tour

1 hour ago, Darberry said:

Biffy, Catfish, or Disclosure didn't close with great songs. Dave should headline the second main stage

Cocoon and Latch are huge songs. 

3 hours ago, jump said:

Perhaps he could do a Queen cover like Don't Stop Me Now or We Will Rock You. The yoof are down with Queen right?

The “yoof” listen to everything it’s more a case of any song Dave ends with will go down insanely well.

the fact that there is still an argument between what stage he headlines is stupid, the guys just sold an arena tour within about 10 minutes of normal sale being open

4 hours ago, stanh said:

dave is a headliner, i dont know how many times it needs to be said! werent people saying wolf alice and haim are big enough at some point? if they are, surely dave is? not to mention he is much more relevant with the r&l crowd, and also with the backing of the amount of tickets hes shifted for the tour alone already, just today?! he is headlining. 

I think people were saying Wolf Alice and Haim to headline as they like them and are female artists. Haim maybe at a push but they’ve still not sold out their shows next summer and Wolf Alice weren’t even subbing this year and haven’t got any bigger. Dave is big enough when you see how many people ask for him to headline and how many tickets he’s just sold on his tour. 

2 hours ago, Darberry said:

Can't imagine the type of crowd Dave will pull when you see the likes of KSI, AJ Tracey, Russ Millions, Slowthai fans this year 😖

Headline set crowds are never ridiculous like stuff early in the day, won't be the same vibe as Russ/Aitch etc. 

11 hours ago, stanh said:

dave is a headliner, i dont know how many times it needs to be said! werent people saying wolf alice and haim are big enough at some point? if they are, surely dave is? not to mention he is much more relevant with the r&l crowd, and also with the backing of the amount of tickets hes shifted for the tour alone already, just today?! he is headlining. 

Dave is miles more a headliner than Wolf Alice and Haim

I don’t think that’s in question and I’m a massive Wolf Alice fan

Edited by Benj

4 minutes ago, stanh said:

yeahh that is my point. i enjoy both of their music, but find it confusing people are saying dave isnt big enough, yet suggesting those as headline options. dave absolutely has proven he is big enough; very excited to see him at parklife tomorrow and see how his headline set goes down with the crowd - i am sure it’ll be something special 

At worst he’s a MSW headliner. No chance he plays below there at Reading. 

Dave/ Lorde

RATM/ Something for the kids

BMTH/ Royal Blood

12 hours ago, Jericode said:

Very much doubt Lorde headlines.

You’re probably right. Not at reading, which is the sad place we’re in now, where the headline pool is so small. 

Lorde should so easily headline reading but these days they’ll choose Mabel or Paramore instead. 

both easier choices but so much less worthy for completely different reasons