14. Titanium

15. Funky Friday

16. 100M’s

17. Thiago Silva

18. Wanna Know

19. Six Paths

20. 18Hunna (Headie One cover)

21. System

That’s just me listing, not an actual setlist, but i guarantee a setlist that covers even 3 quarters of those songs would go down insanely well. I’d say that setlist overall contains more mainstream known songs than stormzy’s set did (though obviously the big stormzy hits are bigger) so there’s no question he could headline and has the catalog to do it imo.  Originally had Money Talks by Fredo on there but realised System was a big single too so swapped that out

And that's not even including massive songs like No Words and Samantha

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The Killers haven’t played the festival for 13 years. I don’t think there’s much danger of them rocking up these days. 

Wouldn’t be so sure honestly, would sell day tickets well and no doubt draw a big crowd. Nothing really rules them out.

Given the names going around, a return to 3 headliners could be a fair possibility?

Dave // Killers // RATM

(didn’t see their tour schedule ruled them out, nevermind. Doing all the stadiums in June anyway)

Edited by gfa

pretty safe to say Dave will be one of the 6 then. personally i agree with what’s been said about him not having that big tune to end on. over the past few festivals you’ve had congratulations, wonderwall, vossi bop, the sound, everlong, sex on fire etc. all end the day. i don’t know if Dave has a song like that so for that reason i’d give him the MS2 headline slot. having said that, his crowd would probably be comfortably bigger than whoever is closing the night so maybe he is ready for the MS1 slot. either way, i’d put a lot of money on him being one of the 6. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

pretty safe to say Dave will be one of the 6 then. personally i agree with what’s been said about him not having that big tune to end on. over the past few festivals you’ve had congratulations, wonderwall, vossi bop, the sound, everlong, sex on fire etc. all end the day. i don’t know if Dave has a song like that so for that reason i’d give him the MS2 headline slot. having said that, his crowd would probably be comfortably bigger than whoever is closing the night so maybe he is ready for the MS1 slot. either way, i’d put a lot of money on him being one of the 6. 

MSW or MSE i don't think it really matters. He could definitely do MSE but probably wouldn't be opposed to taking a MSW headline slot as a compromise, its more of a question of where Melvin wants to put him / how much money they want to spend.

Edited by gfa

21 hours ago, gfa said:

Wouldn’t be so sure honestly, would sell day tickets well and no doubt draw a big crowd. Nothing really rules them out.

Given the names going around, a return to 3 headliners could be a fair possibility?

Dave // Killers // RATM

(didn’t see their tour schedule ruled them out, nevermind. Doing all the stadiums in June anyway)

I definitely think the Killers could still headline Reading, but I’d doubt it in 2022 as they’re over earlier in the summer. UK stadium dates have been rearranged for May/June next year 

Friday reading/sat Leeds 

MSE: dave / mgk 

MSW: courteeners / Olivia roderigo 

saturday reading/Sunday Leeds 

MSE: dua lipa / the libertines

MSW: royal blood / headie one

sunday reading/Friday Leeds 

MSE: ratm / Lewis Capaldi 

MSW: tame impala / rtj 

Not saying that travis would cost 8 million as I don't really have the knowledge of what big acts generally get paid but to say he isn't in the top tier bracket is a bit ridiculous he just sold 100,000 tickets for his own festival in an hour and pulls 45 million monthly Spotify listeners( I understand this doesn't correlate to how well suited he is to the R and L crowd but it definitely stands for something). I think it should be pretty safe to say that out of every act mentioned here travis would be the most expensive.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Kieran0308 said:

Not saying that travis would cost 8 million as I don't really have the knowledge of what big acts generally get paid but to say he isn't in the top tier bracket is a bit ridiculous he just sold 100,000 tickets for his own festival in an hour and pulls 45 million monthly Spotify listeners( I understand this doesn't correlate to how well suited he is to the R and L crowd but it definitely stands for something). I think it should be pretty safe to say that out of every act mentioned here travis would be the most expensive.

I’m not sure it’s the fact that Travis would be expensive as FR have deep pockets. I’m pretty sure they paid RHCP 4 million 1 year but 8 million is a lot for 1 act and if they got RATM who would cost 1-2 million I don’t think they’re going to spend that big on another headliner. 

10 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

I’m a dark fruits music fan through and through but just seen Courteeners in Leicester and they were not good. 

Maybe they’ll pull it together in time for Old Trafford in two weeks, but tonight’s level of perform would stink up the main stage. 

Saw them before the pandemic and they were pretty drab