2022 Festival

28 minutes ago, gfa said:

Completely forgot about Tame Impala - would be great to see them headline MSW. Probably the best option for a dance act to follow on from Disclosure.

Would tread lightly around mentioning Kevin and the lads, people seem to get touchy around here about their presence

Also thought. Instead of seeing it as 4 separate genres (rap,dance,indie,rock) can it not be split into 2 (pop and rock): in that respect you don’t need a disclosure type headliner but can instead go for another mainstream act that appeal to a similar crowd, like Halsey who has be suggested

Dave/Courteeners

RATM/Halsey or Doja Cat

The Weeknd or Travis Scott/Foals or Royal Blood

Edited by Gerard the Fab

3 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Also thought. Instead of seeing it as 4 separate genres (rap,dance,indie,rock) can it not be split into 2 (pop and rock): in that respect you don’t need a disclosure type headliner but can instead go for another mainstream act that appeal to a similar crowd, like Halsey who has be suggested

It can be but Halsey definitely isn't a similar crowd to Disclosure. A dance act definitely isn't guaranteed but just what I would like to see and it certainly goes down well. I reckon 50/50 rock/indie and rap/pop/dance is pretty certain. Maybe its more 3 rock/indie, 2 rap then 1 pop/dance. I guess thats what you were saying though.

I know people aren’t too into Tame Impala here but god they would be a fantastic headliner. The best live act I’ve ever seen (besides maybe Biffy) with a fantastic stage show and at least a handful of songs popular with a lot of the R&L demographic. Would be a great booking imo

RATM // Courteeners

Dave // Royal Blood

Dua Lipa or The Weeknd // Tame Impala

Edited by jumperofftheshelf

1 hour ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Are The Libertines big/relevant enough to headline MSW? 

I'd say they're probably around MSE sub size nowadays. Their last UK tour in 2019 which was just Academies didn't even sell out, I don't think. They would still go down well though.

Them subbing MSE, with Royal Blood headlining and then RATM headlining MSW, and that's an instant day ticket for me, no problem.

Edited by VCK

2 minutes ago, VCK said:

I'd say they're probably around MSW sub size nowadays. Their last UK tour in 2019 which was just Academies didn't even sell out, I don't think. They would still go down well though.

Them subbing MSW, with Royal Blood headlining and then RATM headlining MSW, and that's an instant day ticket for me, no problem.

Sorry? Rage UNDER Royal Blood? Its a monstrosity, its a scandal.

1 minute ago, VCK said:

Apologies, got my Main Stages confused. MSE for Royal Blood, then MSW for Rage.

Libs -> [MSW sub] -> Royal Blood -> Rage, in that order.

I see, all good hahaha. 

1 minute ago, Jericode said:

That's not what he said. Royal Blood would be headlining MSE between the two.

Isn't MSE the 'main stage' or at least it is at Leeds with MSW the second.

16 minutes ago, stanh said:

if this tour is anything on the level of psychodrama we are in for a real treat, as everyone else has said, this definitely solidifies him as 1 of our 6 headliners in 2022

Deffo gonna try and get tickets for Liverpool, just bought Disclosure tickets for Ally Pally as me and a mate were gutted at leaving early to see Posty. That should be brilliant too

25 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Things you love to see: the most conscious, vital and talented artist in the country right now playing venues THAT big. 

Dave to be one of the three ‘true’ headliners at R&L for sure. 

Dave, Kasabian & RATM to be the three Main Stage East headliners. 

27 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Things you love to see: the most conscious, vital and talented artist in the country right now playing venues THAT big. 

Dave to be one of the three ‘true’ headliners at R&L for sure. 

Dave, Kasabian & RATM to be the three Main Stage East headliners. 

That’s the current 3 I’m thinking. Gives them a chance to get Royal Blood and a female headliner on MSW that isn’t Billie Eilish big. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Dave / Paramore

Kasabian / Royal Blood

RATM / Travis Scott

Travis Scott is the biggest artist out of all of them. If he plays he’s on MSE. (He won’t play. He’s probably too expensive for R&L now).

Edited by Matt42