2022 Festival

1 hour ago, jump said:

I've seen Chili Peppers a few of times including at their own shows and it can be so frustrating seeing them. Rather than bursting on stage with a song to get the crowd going it's a jam session. Jamming can be cool but when it's so overdone like they do it comes off as just indulgent and the crowd loses its energy trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.

I like Chili Peppers but I do lose my enthusiasm for them after seeing them live.

I remember staying with my mates to watch RHCP when they headlined Leeds years back.

I stayed on the proviso they rocked and did not come up with some free flowing jamming shit.

Tossers walked on staged did exactly that so - improvised jamming shite as their first song - within 5 mins i stomped off to the dance tent.

I read later that Melvin regretted booking the lazy Californians 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Courteeners are surely the only dark fruits band they could get.

Arctic Monkeys - no chance

Stone Roses - no chance

The Killers - over in May/June

Kings of Leon - over in June

The Strokes - possibility

Could The Libertines be back to headline MSW? Are they still relevant enough? I'd say they were a "Dark Fruits" band

4 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Could The Libertines be back to headline MSW? Are they still relevant enough? I'd say they were a "Dark Fruits" band

dunno, to most people they only have one or two songs everyone knows

also i keep seeing it, but i don’t think muse will  make an appearance next year. hell i don’t know if they’ll be doing reading and leeds until the two main stage setup is gone (if it goes at all)

when i saw them last, they had a 2 hour set jam packed with their greatest hits and some new songs

tame impala would be very very nice to see and i’d argue they’re more than big enough to headline but they seem very reluctant to tour rn

Kind of sad the only headliners being suggested here are exclusively male, and almost exclusively white, with the exception of the Weeknd.  Have a bit more imagination guys.  Just because Melvin Benn's a dried up, boring, old Tory doesn't mean the bands that play his festivals have to be.  

5 minutes ago, WStoner said:

Kind of sad the only headliners being suggested here are exclusively male, and almost exclusively white, with the exception of the Weeknd.  Have a bit more imagination guys.  Just because Melvin Benn's a dried up, boring, old Tory doesn't mean the bands that play his festivals have to be.  

In fairness I’ve seen Dua Lipa (female) Dave (bame) and rage (fronted by a Latino) more than literally anyone else on this forum. Whilst there does need to be more representation in the festival I don’t think the forum has an issue

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, WStoner said:

Who else would you suggest that hasn't already been mentioned then? 

49 minutes ago, WStoner said:

What are you talking about?

Dua Lipa, Halsey, Doja Cat, Billie Eilish, Paramore, Travis Scott, The Weeknd, Dave have all been mentioned heavily as headliners in here.

Don’t come on here making sweeping statements that are wholly false acting like a white knight.

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

What are you talking about?

Dua Lipa, Halsey, Doja Cat, Billie Eilish, Paramore, Travis Scott, The Weeknd, Dave have all been mentioned heavily as headliners in here.

Don’t come on here making sweeping statements that are wholly false acting like a white knight.

It's not worth it mate, no matter who gets booked people will kick off.

The main stage is as diverse as it's ever been. On the Stormzy day MSE had a run of Stormzy>AJ Tracey>Mabel. Also it might only the FR but before the cancellations etc that had an all-female lineup for the first time. R&L is by no means as diverse as it could be but it's the biggest step in this direction it's has ever had. If people won't recognise the steps it's taking they'd might as well take none at all

2 hours ago, WStoner said:

What does it matter their race and gender? I'd rather have six headliners, all white men, as long as they make good music, than six diverse headliners that don't appeal to me. That doesn't make me or anyone with the same mindset a "Tory", it makes me someone who simply has musical preferences.

At the same time, there are a few non-white male acts I'd like to see headline, but that's because I like their music, not because I want to pretend to be outraged for Good Person points.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 5

2 hours ago, nathanh said:

The Weeknd is appearing on here a lot, how likely do we think it is? 

I think it's definitely a possibility. Post Malone has headlined quite frequently over the past 5 years so at some point they will want to bring in another international superstar and the Weeknd doesn't do his UK tour until October so could happen. He also has a huge gap in his world wide tour from may until the 10th of September so it would suit him only problem might be how expensive he would be to get.

Completely forgot about Tame Impala - would be great to see them headline MSW. Probably the best option for a dance act to follow on from Disclosure.

RHCP // Tame Impala

The Weeknd // Kasabian

Dave // Dua Lipa

maybe a tad strong. probably another indie/rock act needed too honestly, given that almost every dark fruit band just played so needs a year off. Courteeners in maybe for dua god help us

Edited by gfa

How about

Dave/Royal Blood

Kasabian/Doja Cat

Rage Against The Machine/Halsey

I feel this covers most genres and I’ve got reasons for other options that I don’t think will play below.

BMTH - Knotfest UK, Billie Eilish - Glasto, Dua Lipa - Glasto, Metallica - own show, The 1975 - recording/own show, AM - recording/own show, QOTSA - Glasto, TOP - Glasto, Travis Scott/Drake/The Weeknd - Too pricey along with Rage, Paramore - Hayley doing own shows/not ready to tour, MCR - own shows, Foals - own shows, Tame Impala - APE, Courteeners - think they’ll sub. 

Edited by foolee

Fri Leeds Sun Reading

MSE: Muse // The Streets // Nothing But Thieves // The Snuts // Pa Salieu // Bloxx

MSW: Dave // Courteeners // Headie One // Bexey // As It Is // Holding Absence

Sat Leeds Fri Reading

MSE: Dua Lipa // Playboi Carti // Don Broco // Lady Leshurr // Denzel Curry // Lyra

MSW: Royal Blood // Architects // Chvrches // Girl In Red // The Lathums // Opening Set: Idles

Sun Leeds Sat Reading

MSE: RATM // Run The Jewels // Dermot Kennedy // Waterparks // Creeper // Vistas

MSW: Kasabian // Lewis Capaldi // DMA’s // M Huncho // Georgia // KennyHoopla 

Edited by Dukey