2022 Festival

18 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Courteeners are surely the only dark fruits band they could get.

Arctic Monkeys - no chance

Stone Roses - no chance

The Killers - over in May/June

Kings of Leon - over in June

The Strokes - possibility

Foals are decently dark fruits aren’t they

Also Flume as a dance headliner, forgot how many bangers 

2 hours ago, __Phoenix said:

I fully reckon if they're going with six headliners they'll do a similar format to this years lineup in the way of:

A Rock act (biffy)

A dark fruits act (catfish/liam)

A rapper (stormzy/posty)

A dance act (disclosure)

I imagine these four categories will be the template again, you have to remember that the dark fruits and rap acts attract the biggest crowds nowadays and will probably maintain more than 2 headline slots again. 

Dance act has so few good options that suit the festival without it literally being EDM.

35 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Courteeners are surely the only dark fruits band they could get.

Arctic Monkeys - no chance

Stone Roses - no chance

The Killers - over in May/June

Kings of Leon - over in June

The Strokes - possibility

Kasabian / Noel maybe. Would be a bit boring to have Noel straight after Liam but IOW did it so not impossible I suppose. Would definitely be MSW though.

15 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Foals are decently dark fruits aren’t they

Also Flume as a dance headliner, forgot how many bangers 

Foals definitely not dark fruits, Flume would be fantastic but not sure they have enough mainstream appeal vs disclosure.

----

I really can't see RATM back for a few years in all honestly, lukewarm welcome and then pulled out. Same with QOTSA, give it a few years and book other people in the mean time is what I would do.

Wonder what RHCP are up to, will have been 6 years since they last played and they have quite good cross-genre appeal. Frusciante joined back like 2 years ago and we've heard nothing since.

15 minutes ago, gfa said:

Dance act has so few good options that suit the festival without it literally being EDM.

Kasabian / Noel maybe. Would be a bit boring to have Noel straight after Liam but IOW did it so not impossible I suppose. Would definitely be MSW though.

Foals definitely not dark fruits, Flume would be fantastic but not sure they have enough mainstream appeal vs disclosure.

----

I really can't see RATM back for a few years in all honestly, lukewarm welcome and then pulled out. Same with QOTSA, give it a few years and book other people in the mean time is what I would do.

Wonder what RHCP are up to, will have been 6 years since they last played and they have quite good cross-genre appeal. Frusciante joined back like 2 years ago and we've heard nothing since.

Rick Rubin has just finished mixing the new RHCP album

31 minutes ago, gfa said:

Flume would be so good, I think there would be enough appeal for a headline set tho, them, maybe Bicep. A lot of people are into that sort of music.

Chilis would be good actually I think they appeal to a fair few, decent pull actually, deffo more than Rage

Friday 

MSE: Travis Scott / Machine Gun Kelly / The Vaccines

MSW: Royal Blood / The Wombats / D-Block Europe 

Saturday

MSE: Dave / Courteeners / DMA'S 

MSW: Dua Lipa / Olivia Rodrigo / J Hus 

Sunday 

MSE: Red Hot Chili Peppers / The Kooks / IDLES

MSW: Sam Fender / Loyle Carner / Don Broco 

Edited by R Shah

7 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Flume would be so good, I think there would be enough appeal for a headline set tho, them, maybe Bicep. A lot of people are into that sort of music.

Chilis would be good actually I think they appeal to a fair few, decent pull actually, deffo more than Rage

Genuinely never heard of Flume.

I say this as someone who would love RHCP to be there, they'd have to be more interesting than last time, performance felt a bit wooden in 2016.

Foals aren’t a dark fruits band. 

Flume is not a headline sized act, even with 6 headliners. Their crowd when they headlined the R1 back in 2017 was one of the smallest crowds I’ve ever seen in that tent for anyone playing after about 2pm. 

Stadium Arcadium is an bloated, steaming pile of shite of an album - don’t pretend otherwise. RHCP were shite in 2007 and were shite in 2016 (psst, it’s because they are a shite band). 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I've seen Chili Peppers a few of times including at their own shows and it can be so frustrating seeing them. Rather than bursting on stage with a song to get the crowd going it's a jam session. Jamming can be cool but when it's so overdone like they do it comes off as just indulgent and the crowd loses its energy trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.

I like Chili Peppers but I do lose my enthusiasm for them after seeing them live.