2022 Festival

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Padded out my earlier prediction: 

MSE: Dave / Lewis Capaldi / Charli XCX / Måneskin / Boston Manor / Unknown T / Ivorian Doll

MSW: Doja Cat / Headie One / CHVRCHES / Pale Waves / Girl In Red / 100 gecs / Bloxx

MSE: Kasabian / Courteeners / Olivia Rodrigo (special guest) / The Amazons / Pa Salieu / The Reytons / The Blinders 

MSW: Major Lazer / Polo G / DMA’s / Anne-Marie / Ashnikko / The Chats / Vistas

MSE: Rage Against The Machine / Run The Jewels / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Trippie Redd / Creeper / Denzel Curry / Nova Twins 

MSW: Twenty One Pilots / Machine Gun Kelly / Fontaines D.C. / iann dior / Fever 333 / KennyHoopla / Wargasm 

Not a chance for Major Lazer i think, dropped off massively since they last played. Would definitely like to see a dance headliner but not a chance its them. Disclosure really are the only option currently so hopefully upcoming acts continue to grow to mainstage headliner level.

6 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Enjoy mate, I'm seeing him in a pub in Birmingham on Thursday and can't wait. The first time I saw him was back when he was still doing small venues in 2018 and he was ace and this tour is even more intimate

He was on top form tonight played a slightly longer set than leeds was on for just about 65 minutes and really had the crowd going was good to be in a crowd where the fans adore him. Mosh pits constantly and just an all round good atmosphere. If he was half as good as he was tonight you'll have a good time mate. Enjoy the gig

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gfa said:

Not a chance for Major Lazer i think, dropped off massively since they last played. Would definitely like to see a dance headliner but not a chance its them. Disclosure really are the only option currently so hopefully upcoming acts continue to grow to mainstage headliner level.

There is Calvin Harris of course. He rarely does festivals anymore, but he did do the Capital Summertime Ball in 2019.

10 hours ago, stanh said:

theres david guetta, swedish house mafia, martin garrix and perhaps a couple others - however they normally head to creamfields instead and/or SHM i am pretty sure have an insanely high price tag 

Swedish House Mafia would be a dream

13 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Padded out my earlier prediction: 

MSE: Dave / Lewis Capaldi / Charli XCX / Måneskin / Boston Manor / Unknown T / Ivorian Doll

MSW: Doja Cat / Headie One / CHVRCHES / Pale Waves / Girl In Red / 100 gecs / Bloxx

MSE: Kasabian / Courteeners / Olivia Rodrigo (special guest) / The Amazons / Pa Salieu / The Reytons / The Blinders 

MSW: Major Lazer / Polo G / DMA’s / Anne-Marie / Ashnikko / The Chats / Vistas

MSE: Rage Against The Machine / Run The Jewels / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Trippie Redd / Creeper / Denzel Curry / Nova Twins 

MSW: Twenty One Pilots / Machine Gun Kelly / Fontaines D.C. / iann dior / Fever 333 / KennyHoopla / Wargasm 

I don't think Kasabian are headline worthy these days especially now Tom Meighan has left following his domestic abuse charge. They've just announced a run of academy gigs  

11 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

I don't think Kasabian are headline worthy these days especially now Tom Meighan has left following his domestic abuse charge. They've just announced a run of academy gigs  

Yeah they've definitely got some ground to make up now. I'd probably place them third down or sub at the highest. You'd imagine FR would send someone along to one of the academy gigs to see if they work without Tom before booking them

17 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Yeah they've definitely got some ground to make up now. I'd probably place them third down or sub at the highest. You'd imagine FR would send someone along to one of the academy gigs to see if they work without Tom before booking them

Exactly, I can't see people refusing to see them because of what happened because it's not the rest of the band members' fault and they quickly dropped him, but like most bands if you drop the lead singer they drop in popularity. Can see them doing a secret set or something next year

1 hour ago, BeddingatReading said:

Those gigs sold out instantly though. Taking those gigs as a sign of how big they are is a false reading as it's them getting back to gigging like when bands play small venues as a warm up show.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jump said:

Those gigs sold out instantly though. Taking those gigs as a sign of how big they are is a false reading as it's them getting back to gigging like when bands play small venues as a warm up show.

Exactly this. They sold out Victoria Warehouse and two Brixton dates instantly (and every other date). Still think they're headline sized without Tom

42 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Tickets out today, hoping they wait a bit to reveal the lineup like they always used to do 

I'd rather they announce the line up, if Rage are playing then they will also announce their other Euro dates too so I can start planning what Euro festival I will see them at.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Frank Carter posted yesterday: 'Matching Reading and Leeds tattoos next year?'. Reckon they're nailed on

I’m sure they’ll just get Reading tattoos seen they only played Reading this year and not Leeds 🧐

14 hours ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

He was on top form tonight played a slightly longer set than leeds was on for just about 65 minutes and really had the crowd going was good to be in a crowd where the fans adore him. Mosh pits constantly and just an all round good atmosphere. If he was half as good as he was tonight you'll have a good time mate. Enjoy the gig

Do you remember roughly what time he started?

Ik this is v unrealistic and is mainly for the gen Z tiktok demographic and doesn't include indie bands but I guarantee that 1/3 of these artists will show up on the actual lineup

MSE: Halsey / Machine Gun Kelly / Olivia Rodrigo (Special Guest) / Jxdn / Grandson / 100 Gecs / Palaye Royale 

MSW: Blink 182 / All Time Low / Blackbear / Pale Waves / K.flay / Lil Huddy / Chloe Moriondo

MSE: Doja Cat / Lil Nas X (Special Guest) / Maddison Beer / 24kGoldn / Iann Dior / Oliver Tree / Denzel Curry 

MSW: Bring me the Horizon / Avril Lavigne (with modsun) /Chase Atlantic / Yung Gravy / Maneskin / Maggie Lindemann / Royal and Serpent

MSE: Dave / Lewis Capaldi (Special Guest) / Hayley Williams / Anne-Marie / Wallows / Pheobe Bridgers / Fickle Friends

MSW: RATM / Run the Jewels / Neon Trees / Benee / Beach Bunny / Tessa Violet / Trevor Daniel

32 minutes ago, stefan Gutierrez Yildirim said:

Ik this is v unrealistic and is mainly for the gen Z tiktok demographic and doesn't include indie bands but I guarantee that 1/3 of these artists will show up on the actual lineup

MSE: Halsey / Machine Gun Kelly / Olivia Rodrigo (Special Guest) / Jxdn / Grandson / 100 Gecs / Palaye Royale 

MSW: Blink 182 / All Time Low / Blackbear / Pale Waves / K.flay / Lil Huddy / Chloe Moriondo

MSE: Doja Cat / Lil Nas X (Special Guest) / Maddison Beer / 24kGoldn / Iann Dior / Oliver Tree / Denzel Curry 

MSW: Bring me the Horizon / Avril Lavigne (with modsun) /Chase Atlantic / Yung Gravy / Maneskin / Maggie Lindemann / Royal and Serpent

MSE: Dave / Lewis Capaldi (Special Guest) / Hayley Williams / Anne-Marie / Wallows / Pheobe Bridgers / Fickle Friends

MSW: RATM / Run the Jewels / Neon Trees / Benee / Beach Bunny / Tessa Violet / Trevor Daniel

I really hope you're wrong on this because I haven't heard of hardly any of these 🤣