2022 Festival

So I definitely think RATM will be rolled over. I’d love to see Muse back headlining, I think they always go down well tbf. Dave as a first time headliner. 

I’d love to see KSI back headlining the 1X tent, he was actually unreal haha.

then the rest would probably be indie, dance and pop acts but I’m not into that so not even gonna speculate 

6 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Melvin Benn has also said one of the headliners was a previous headliner 

Rage? Although he said this last time and Posty, Disclosure & Biffy from the top of my head all have done it before so could it be more than one? Idk but I’m excited to find out. 

7 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Melvin Benn has also said one of the headliners was a previous headliner 

I mean, he did say in 2020 that only one of the headliners that year was rolling over to 2021 and that the rest of them had never headlined before. Not sure if I can trust the festival director to know who is headlining anymore.

I'm really not sold at all on MSW and MSE setup. Fewer bands, fewer alternatives (I can choose either Post Malone or Solardo?), short turnarounds between the two stages, sound bleed, major crowd congestion in the arena. Oh and we'll completely bin off The Pit/FR depending on what day you attend.

Melvin Benn: "We wouldn’t have room for all those acts if the other stage had been in a tent because they’re too big to play it".

Not sure about that. About from the three headliners and three glorified subs everyone else would have been absolutely fine playing the Radio 1 Stage. Obviously they wouldn't all be in there, take Sat at Reading this year. Post Malone & Disclosure co-headlining, Two Door Cinema Club opposite in Radio 1. Wombats Main Stage, the rest of the lineup spread out as usual across Main Stage & Radio 1. 

I didn't attend this year but does anyone have a positive spin on it from their experience? It's isn't a deal breaker for me but it's not far off that.

50 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I'm really not sold at all on MSW and MSE setup. Fewer bands, fewer alternatives (I can choose either Post Malone or Solardo?), short turnarounds between the two stages, sound bleed, major crowd congestion in the arena. Oh and we'll completely bin off The Pit/FR depending on what day you attend.

Melvin Benn: "We wouldn’t have room for all those acts if the other stage had been in a tent because they’re too big to play it".

Not sure about that. About from the three headliners and three glorified subs everyone else would have been absolutely fine playing the Radio 1 Stage. Obviously they wouldn't all be in there, take Sat at Reading this year. Post Malone & Disclosure co-headlining, Two Door Cinema Club opposite in Radio 1. Wombats Main Stage, the rest of the lineup spread out as usual across Main Stage & Radio 1. 

I didn't attend this year but does anyone have a positive spin on it from their experience? It's isn't a deal breaker for me but it's not far off that.

I was a big fan of the dual main stage element at Leeds this year. an extra 10 minutes between stage acts by potentially having 5 on a stage per day or 1 for each 'genre' specific to that day would improve, but the Two big stage, big production, big sound element was really enjoyable!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Suffer how? They go home?

Sorry if i wasn't clear, on a day where it is pissing down most of the day, people will sacrifice standing outside go watch bands that are not on their must see list and go and catch something else in a tent instead.

Ive seen the NME packed out in the middle of the day while much bigger bands are playing to a much smaller crowd because of the weather. 

My point is, the two outdoor stages were not impacted by bad weather this year, I am wondering what impact it would have with bad weather.

Even headliners have been impacted at Leeds in the past. I remember Foals playing to a very small crowd because it was pissing down while the NME was packed for someone else. 

1 hour ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

Would be very surprised if Gerry Cinnamon wasn’t put on as an MSW headliner in 22 or 23 considering the crowd he pulled

I doubt next year as he’s doing a run of outdoor gigs himself mixed with arena’s so you’d think they’d hold back as demand would be diminished.

Would love to see him headline in the future though.

Padded out my earlier prediction: 

MSE: Dave / Lewis Capaldi / Charli XCX / Måneskin / Boston Manor / Unknown T / Ivorian Doll

MSW: Doja Cat / Headie One / CHVRCHES / Pale Waves / Girl In Red / 100 gecs / Bloxx

MSE: Kasabian / Courteeners / Olivia Rodrigo (special guest) / The Amazons / Pa Salieu / The Reytons / The Blinders 

MSW: Major Lazer / Polo G / DMA’s / Anne-Marie / Ashnikko / The Chats / Vistas

MSE: Rage Against The Machine / Run The Jewels / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Trippie Redd / Creeper / Denzel Curry / Nova Twins 

MSW: Twenty One Pilots / Machine Gun Kelly / Fontaines D.C. / iann dior / Fever 333 / KennyHoopla / Wargasm 

Edited by Andre91

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

MSE: Dave / Lewis Capaldi / Charli XCX / Måneskin / Boston Manor / Unknown T / Ivorian Doll

MSW: Doja Cat / Headie One / CHVRCHES / Pale Waves / Girl In Red / 100 gecs / Bloxx

MSE: Kasabian / Courteeners / Olivia Rodrigo (special guest) / The Amazons / Pa Salieu / The Reytons / The Blinders 

MSW: Major Lazer / Polo G / DMA’s / Mahalia / Ashnikko / The Chats / Vistas

MSE: Rage Against The Machine / Run The Jewels / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Trippie Redd / Creeper / Denzel Curry / Nova Twins 

MSW: Twenty One Pilots / Machine Gun Kelly / Fontaines D.C. / iann dior / Fever 333 / KennyHoopla / Wargasm 

gimme this MSE on sunday

22 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

MSW: Major Lazer / Polo G / DMA’s / Anne-Marie / Ashnikko / The Chats / Vistas

God that Saturday is extremely weak, even for R&L.

Olivia Rodrigo is the biggest act on the bill that day and she’s third down.

Edited by Matt42