Jump to content

2022 Festival


Recommended Posts

I have a feeling that 2022’s headliners are probably all sorted and locked up so it wouldn’t surprise me if there was an announcement soon. They’ve probably lined up both 2021 and 2022 at the same time.

This is why I think the headliners will be - RATM, Twenty One Pilots, Dave, Royal Blood, Doja Cat, Imagine Dragons. (I was going to put Courteeners here but I think they could sub again since they didn’t in 2020).

 

RATM: Their tour dates say enough. Seems to be a copy and paste of their 2020 plans.

Twenty One Pilots: Always one recent repeat, they have a 2022 tour which includes festivals and no UK festival date. Can imagine FR wanted them back after their 2019 set as soon as possible.

Dave: Just feels like an extremely straightforward option and it doesn’t look like Glasto has him. With an appearance this year I think it makes him very likely.

Royal Blood: An easy option but could not be in the mix if FR consider RATM as ‘heavy enough’.

Doja Cat: Booked for 2021 and didn’t reschedule which makes me think she’s on the 2022 lineup. They will give her a much bigger slot than last time due to the current crowd and her growing success. Female headliner I think.

Imagine Dragons: Another band which are touring which would be popular with their current attendees. They have a series of festival dates in Europe, and will probably have one in the UK too. Reckon it will be at R&L.

Edited by Matt42
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the two main stage thing, what happens if its raining heavily? Many people will take cover in the day time when people are not willing to sit and suffer so they go and watch something in the tents, in particular, the NME tent. 

This year was very good weather, do we think this system would suffer in bad weather? 

Edited by she bangs the drums
Grammar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

On the two main stage thing, what happens if its raining heavily? Many people will take cover in the day time when people are not willing to sit and suffer so they go and watch something in the tents, in particular, the NME tent. 

This year was very good weather, do we think this system would suffer in bad weather? 

Suffer how? They go home?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

No they wouldn’t, they’re still a huge pull, think of all the songs they have which the demographic know

not a single person in the demographic would spend 230 quid to see imagine dragons

absolutely no way

no one my age likes them, they make music for middle-aged mothers who are scared of rock music

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Logan1996 said:

My Chemical Romance are in UK next summer , reckon there is any chance they could play R&L?

COVID has really screwed up R&L’s chances of getting them I think rescheduled tours have probably pushed this back years from when it could happen? In 2022 they are still going to be focusing on their own shows / reunion tours + the US dates they need to do.

Edited by Matt42
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

If the 2022 lineup is tailored to the same demographic as the 2021 lienup then the likes of Metallica, BMTH will struggle. They'd both put on belting sets but unless there was a rock day like Foo Fighters had in 2019 it'd be a disaster. Even for Biffy our area was half empty compared to Catfish and Disclosure. I know Billie Eilish is doing Glasto but I can still see here at R&L 2022. I'm going:

Friday Leeds:

MSE: Rage Against The Machine, Doja Cat, Run The Jewels, DMAs, Maneskin

MSW: Courteeners, Architects, The Vaccines, Headie One

Saturday Leeds:

MSE: Dua Lipa, Lewis Capaldi, Olivia Rodrigo (special guest), Good Charlotte, Girl in Red, Nova Twins

MSW: Tame Impala, Rex Orange County, Anne-Marie, YMAS, 100 Gecs, Yonaka

Sunday Leeds:

MSE: Billie Eilish, Kasabian, Polo G, Don Broco, The Snuts

MSW: Bring Me The Horizon, D-Block Europe, Idles, Bad Boy Chiller Crew, Vistas

This would be such a good festival

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

COVID has really screwed up R&L’s chances of getting them I think rescheduled tours have probably pushed this back years from when it could happen? In 2022 they are still going to be focusing on their own shows / reunion tours + the US dates they need to do.

Yeah , agree thought they'd do their original dates then 2022 festivals. Looks like everything pushed back a fair bit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I have a feeling that 2022’s headliners are probably all sorted and locked up so it wouldn’t surprise me if there was an announcement soon. They’ve probably lined up both 2021 and 2022 at the same time.

This is why I think the headliners will be - RATM, Twenty One Pilots, Dave, Royal Blood, Doja Cat, Imagine Dragons. (I was going to put Courteeners here but I think they could sub again since they didn’t in 2020).

 

RATM: Their tour dates say enough. Seems to be a copy and paste of their 2020 plans.

Twenty One Pilots: Always one recent repeat, they have a 2022 tour which includes festivals and no UK festival date. Can imagine FR wanted them back after their 2019 set as soon as possible.

Dave: Just feels like an extremely straightforward option and it doesn’t look like Glasto has him. With an appearance this year I think it makes him very likely.

Royal Blood: An easy option but could not be in the mix if FR consider RATM as ‘heavy enough’.

Doja Cat: Booked for 2021 and didn’t reschedule which makes me think she’s on the 2022 lineup. They will give her a much bigger slot than last time due to the current crowd and her growing success. Female headliner I think.

Imagine Dragons: Another band which are touring which would be popular with their current attendees. They have a series of festival dates in Europe, and will probably have one in the UK too. Reckon it will be at R&L.

I bloody hope Imagine Dragons aren't at R+L

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Imagine Dragons don’t have to sell the day tickets tho, they’re headline sized, have previous with the festival and playing under someone like Dave/Travis Scott/Eminem for instance doesn’t matter

The same could be said about Catfish, would you buy a ticket purely for them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Muse are playing mad cool next summer in July do you think they would be rebooked it's been a few years since they're last headline performance?

I'd like them to book all new headliners, as in headliners that haven't headlined the festival in the past 7 or 8 years

R+L desperately needs first time headliners

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...