2022 Festival

I found the two main stages this weekend really bad. People leaving sets half way through, acts getting really small acts because of who was playing 5 mins before/after. I really think they'll keep it but I really hope they don't. 

I also noticed a load of Metallica posters at Reading, I wouldn't have thought of them as a potential headliner for next year but now I'm unsure. Could get something like this:

Metallica/Foals

Dua Lipa/Royal Blood

Dave/BMTH

I feel like we’re all really gearing up for disappointment.

6:

Courteneers, Royal Boood, Twenty One Pilots, Dave, RATM, Doja Cat.

We’ve gotta be reasonable think of what we were saying/got this year. Chucking names like Dua Lipa, Bring Me around and got sodding Post Malone again. Really would not be surprised at:

Fall Out Boy, Kings of Leon, Kasabian, Courteeners, Dave, Paramore if around, if not Olivia Rodrigo if she’s still as big next year  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Also from my knowledge, and someone will have to correct me if I’m wrong all of Dua Lipa, QOTSA and Eilish will be at Glasto, pretty much ruling them out of this. Rage is the only one I’d put a bet on

People are just ignoring this fact. I can’t see Dua Lipa playing this tbh. They aren’t the best with booking female headliners and she’d be one of the first outright female pop stars that they’d book in that position. I’d say she’s more likely to do Glasto and her own shows, not bother with R&L.

I do think Dave will be there and probably RATM. Twenty One Pilots are in my prediction as reading loves a repeat. But I think they will be three biggest headliners on the bill, and the other three will not be the size of Metallica, Travis Scott etc. The festival can’t afford that. Travis Scott probably costs double what Post Malone does.

If the 2022 lineup is tailored to the same demographic as the 2021 lienup then the likes of Metallica, BMTH will struggle. They'd both put on belting sets but unless there was a rock day like Foo Fighters had in 2019 it'd be a disaster. Even for Biffy our area was half empty compared to Catfish and Disclosure. I know Billie Eilish is doing Glasto but I can still see here at R&L 2022. I'm going:

Friday Leeds:

MSE: Rage Against The Machine, Doja Cat, Run The Jewels, DMAs, Maneskin

MSW: Courteeners, Architects, The Vaccines, Headie One

Saturday Leeds:

MSE: Dua Lipa, Lewis Capaldi, Olivia Rodrigo (special guest), Good Charlotte, Girl in Red, Nova Twins

MSW: Tame Impala, Rex Orange County, Anne-Marie, YMAS, 100 Gecs, Yonaka

Sunday Leeds:

MSE: Billie Eilish, Kasabian, Polo G, Don Broco, The Snuts

MSW: Bring Me The Horizon, D-Block Europe, Idles, Bad Boy Chiller Crew, Vistas

Guys RATM will be the heaviest headliner they book next year. I can’t believe I’m seeing Metallica getting suggested. Did you see the crowd that attended this year? Rage are being booked as a rollover but I can’t see the rest of the bill chasing metal / hard rock at all.

also why do people keep predicting Billie Eilish 🤦 she’s headlining glasto + about 20 UK dates. She will have finished all of her touring in Europe by July.

Edited by Matt42

16 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I feel like we’re all really gearing up for disappointment.

6:

Courteneers, Royal Boood, Twenty One Pilots, Dave, RATM, Doja Cat.

We’ve gotta be reasonable think of what we were saying/got this year. Chucking names like Dua Lipa, Bring Me around and got sodding Post Malone again. Really would not be surprised at:

Fall Out Boy, Kings of Leon, Kasabian, Courteeners, Dave, Paramore if around, if not Olivia Rodrigo if she’s still as big next year  

The three MSE headliners this year could have headlined outright so I think we'll at least get three of the same calibre in 2022, I'm not sure there's three above that fall into that category? RATM obviously, but even Dave and Twenty One Pilots would be pushing it.

They'd all draw crowds based on what we saw this year but I'm hopeful at least three will be proper 'big name' acts up there with LG, Stormzy and Post Malone

1 minute ago, andyrhodes24 said:

The three MSE headliners this year could have headlined outright so I think we'll at least get three of the same calibre in 2022, I'm not sure there's three above that fall into that category? RATM obviously, but even Dave and Twenty One Pilots would be pushing it.

They'd all draw crowds based on what we saw this year but I'm hopeful at least three will be proper 'big name' acts up there with LG, Stormzy and Post Malone

Dave will quite comfortably surpass the crowd Liam got without a shadow of a doubt. If you want a different one that could headline outright then Bring Me instead of Royal Blood, but I think Dave//Courteeners, TØP//Royal Blood and RATM/Doja Cat looks completely realistic

3 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

It will be RATM’s first show in the UK for yonks, and Dave / Twenty One Pilots are pretty large with Reading’s attendees. Coupled with three others it would sell just fine.

3 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Dave will quite comfortably surpass the crowd Liam got without a shadow of a doubt. If you want a different one that could headline outright then Bring Me instead of Royal Blood, but I think Dave//Courteeners, TØP//Royal Blood and RATM/Doja Cat looks completely realistic

Dave is far from my usual music taste so I can't comment too much which is giving me the doubt there. The group I go with age from 27-early 50s so while they're FAR from the R&L demographic they wouldn't know who he was. I could see BMTH, RB and TOP but for the first two the days would have to be tailored a bit to rock day tickets. 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It will be RATM’s first show in the UK for yonks, and Dave / Twenty One Pilots are pretty large with Reading’s attendees. Coupled with three others it would sell just fine.

RATM would do just fine, and the crowd for Twenty One Pilots in 2019 was a decent size. I get that having six headliners will water them all down slightly but I'm hoping they don't settle for arena sized act like RB, Dave, Courteeners that are only big in the UK. International headliners like the old days would be good to see after a year off

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Dance wise, Chase + Status are the only people I can feasibly think are big enough and even them at a push

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seen to remember then only doing an Academy tour fairly recently?

9 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

Updated guess after this weekend

FRIDAY

MSE: Dave // Fredo

MSW: Foals // Courteeners

SATURDAY

MSE: Dua Lipa // CHVRCHES

MSW:  Twenty One Pilots // Lewis Capaldi

SUNDAY

MSE: Rage Against The Machine // Run The Jewels

MSW: Royal Blood // IDLES

Surely Fredo isn't big enough to sub. The only hit I know of his is the one with Dave. Even if it was one headliner I don't think he's big enough for 4th down

47 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Completely agree with this set. I think I’d put my money on RATM, Royal Blood and Dave all playing. I think there needs to be a female headliner and as mentioned above Billie and Dua will be at Glasto and doing there own shows, the only other female fronted act that are big enough and I could see doing it is Paramore and I’m not sure if they’ll be back soon enough for 2022. TOP are a good shout as they have only announced 4 London dates so could do it. I think Courteeners will be there but they are a weird one because they could also just be a big sub like Gerry because they aren’t big down South so we could see someone like Foals or a dance act instead but saying that I’m not sure there’s a dance act big enough and relevant enough to do it. Pendulum possibly but there stock has fallen. Would love to see The Chemical Brothers do it but I don’t think many people would know who they are at R&L. 

Just now, foolee said:

Completely agree with this set. I think I’d put my money on RATM, Royal Blood and Dave all playing. I think there needs to be a female headliner and as mentioned above Billie and Dua will be at Glasto and doing there own shows, the only other female fronted act that are big enough and I could see doing it is Paramore and I’m not sure if they’ll be back soon enough for 2022. TOP are a good shout as they have only announced 4 London dates so could do it. I think Courteeners will be there but they are a weird one because they could also just be a big sub like Gerry because they aren’t big down South so we could see someone like Foals or a dance act instead but saying that I’m not sure there’s a dance act big enough and relevant enough to do it. Pendulum possibly but there stock has fallen. Would love to see The Chemical Brothers do it but I don’t think many people would know who they are at R&L. 

Chemical Brothers would be awesome!

10 hours ago, VCK said:

Headliners were announced the week after the festival would have taken place last year, maybe we'll be getting 2022s.

Well RATM still owes an update on the „postponed“ headline shows in Vienna, Prague and Krakow. Tickets are in limbo atm with no refund option because they are being „rescheduled“.

Maybe RATM will announce their dates soon. But of course, they let us ticket holders in the unknown for a year now, no problem to add another few months…

Edited by Karlos12345