FRIDAY LEEDS/SUNDAY READING

MSE: Dave//Lil Nas X//Glass Animals//D-Block Europe//Fredo

MSW: Dua Lipa//Doja Cat//Halsey//Lewis Capaldi (very special guest)//CHVRCHES

R1 Dance: Peggy Gou

Pit: Turnstile//Creeper

1Xtra: WizKid

SATURDAY LEEDS/FRIDAY READING

MSE: RATM//Run the Jewels//MGK//Fontaines D.C.//Manėskin

MSW: Royal Blood//Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes//IDLES//Olivia Rodrigo (very special guest)

R1 Dance: BICEP

FR: The Amazons

1Xtra: WSTRN

SUNDAY LEEDS/SATURDAY READING

MSE: The Strokes//Courteeners//Vampire Weekend//The Vaccines//

MSW: Tyler, the Creator//Skepta//DMA’s//Arlo Parks

R1 Dance: Gorgon City 

Lock Up: Against the Current 

1Xtra: Denzel Curry

18 minutes ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Here goes nothing….

MSW: Royal Blood//Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes//IDLES//Olivia Rodrigo (very special guest)

I think this is a decent guess. Can see a lot of these bands playing next year. 

21 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The strokes ain’t headlining this

Why not they’re surprisingly popular amongst a lot of different crowds and certainly are a viable option imo

30 minutes ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Here goes nothing….

I think it’s too stacked, a lot of the 4th/5th artists are a tad too big I think and apart from maybe Declan McKenna this year none were as big a Chvrches or Vaccines.

and the other thing is Rage would close Reading, we always get the heavier act on the Sunday

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Take this however you want to. But I've heard from the guy who told me the headliners last year that they are already planning to have two main stages again next year + Polo G will be subheadlining. 

Gutted if this is true, wasn’t at the festival this year but didn’t like the look of the two main stages.

Also, Polo G?

13 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Why not they’re surprisingly popular amongst a lot of different crowds and certainly are a viable option imo

I think it’s too stacked, a lot of the 4th/5th artists are a tad too big I think and apart from maybe Declan McKenna this year none were as big a Chvrches or Vaccines.

and the other thing is Rage would close Reading, we always get the heavier act on the Sunday

Yeah I guess you could have Vaccines as a special guest opener similar to NBT, that would go down well imo. 

2 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

I agree though I know lots of young people 17-22 who didn't bother going this year as the line up was not what they wanted (and these were the 17 year olds who started out with this festival)

Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters, Metallica, Green Day, Muse off the top of my head will all want to headline in the next 5 years so there is hope.

There is hope, but then I wonder which of this current crop of rock bands can people see being pushed up to headliner status in the next few years? Wolf Alice potentially, I can't think of anyone else. Wouldn't surprise me if the festival gave it to TDCC, The Wombats or Courteeners though...

I think at the moment there isn't really a festival for Reading's traditional crowd. Download is a bit too on the metal side, and TRNSMT is too on the indie side. Watching Liam's set last night, if the crowd for even the most normie friendly rock frontman like him is pretty subdued, it makes me wonder how much the likes of RATM and Metallica will be lost on the crowd.

Like I've said, I'm not bemoaning the new genres that the festival is exploring, but it shouldn't move away from rock. Maybe if they keep the two main stages, MSW could have more of a more rock-y line-up.

11 minutes ago, VCK said:

There is hope, but then I wonder which of this current crop of rock bands can people see being pushed up to headliner status in the next few years? Wolf Alice potentially, I can't think of anyone else. Wouldn't surprise me if the festival gave it to TDCC, The Wombats or Courteeners though...

I think at the moment there isn't really a festival for Reading's traditional crowd. Download is a bit too on the metal side, and TRNSMT is too on the indie side. Watching Liam's set last night, if the crowd for even the most normie friendly rock frontman like him is pretty subdued, it makes me wonder how much the likes of RATM and Metallica will be lost on the crowd.

Like I've said, I'm not bemoaning the new genres that the festival is exploring, but it shouldn't move away from rock. Maybe if they keep the two main stages, MSW could have more of a more rock-y line-up.

Yeah I totally agree with that… having to run between Sea Girls and Declan McKenna and TDCC and Wombats made little to no sense imo.

9 minutes ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Yeah I totally agree with that… having to run between Sea Girls and Declan McKenna and TDCC and Wombats made little to no sense imo.

Especially if they want people to actually spend money. It's as if they actually wanted to put people off spending at bars this year, smaller bars with queues (at least the day at Leeds I went to). Or maybe just encourage them to buy those £25 bottles of wine...

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 hours ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Here goes nothing….

This would be absolutely sublime, though I can't see Tyler headlining, even if it would be absolutely brilliant.

Also Vampire Weekend are definitely big enough to be a sub at this point, and I feel there's quite a lot of acts here that would be big enough for a sub headline slot.

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Rock music at this festival is dead. There’s no point booking it. RATM would go down atrociously and people who do love them wouldn’t get a day ticket to the festival to see them because it’s such a shit hole now.  

While that statement probably holds an ounce of truth to it R+L still seems to book rock acts quite often.

I'd love to see Rage on next years lineup.

1 minute ago, Tom Connolly said:

2 main stages 👎🏼

While I haven't been to R+L I heard from a lot of people online that there were rushes to and from the two main stages to get to acts.

I think it would make more sense if they just scheduled more acts on both stages, even if it meant acts would clash.

You could always have a grime act on the West stage and an indie band on the East stage at the same time, that way not many people would be bothered if they clashed.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Rock music at this festival is dead. There’s no point booking it. RATM would go down atrociously and people who do love them wouldn’t get a day ticket to the festival to see them because it’s such a shit hole now.  

Shame the pit/lock up tent looked decent this year. 

17 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Shame the pit/lock up tent looked decent this year. 

It was empty all weekend. I spent almost all of Saturday in there and a lot of Sunday and the only act that had any sort of big crowd that filled the tent was Ashnikko. So many other acts had tiny, tiny crowds. 

23 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

It was empty all weekend. I spent almost all of Saturday in there and a lot of Sunday and the only act that had any sort of big crowd that filled the tent was Ashnikko. So many other acts had tiny, tiny crowds. 

Boston Manor was half full at max, compared to Download the main stage was packed for them

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Don’t think Lorde is in the mix, don’t think she’d headline either. 

I think it's a definitely a possibility, and if she was to be at the festival she would 100% headline.

If not Lorde then replace her with Dua Lipa here.

Edited by OliverC

1 minute ago, OliverC said:

I think it's a definitely a possibility, and if she was to be at the festival she would 100% headline.

If not Lorde then replace her with Dua Lipa here.

She’s probably at Glastonbury and she’s in the UK in June. As someone who is NZ based I can’t see her coming back late summer.

FRIDAY 

MSE- Billie Eilish

MSW- Tyler The Creator

SATURDAY

MSE- The Weeknd

MSW- Dave

SUNDAY

MSE- Bring Me The Horizon 

MSW- Royal Blood

ALSO ACROSS THE WEEKEND

Doja Cat, Megan Thee Stallion, AJ Tracey, Jack Harlow, 100 Gecs,, Olivia Rodrigo

Edited by nathanh