Jump to content

2022 Festival


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, jump said:

Electric Callboy? In Europe they are bigger but here they played Electric Ballroom (one of my favourite venues) in London a few weeks ago which is about 1k people and were mid-bill on one of the various stages at Slam Dunk this year. 

Don brocos previous london headline show before their secret set was o2 Islington, which is roughly half the size of electric ballroom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, m4tt said:

Don brocos previous london headline show before their secret set was o2 Islington, which is roughly half the size of electric ballroom.

Don Broco normally do multiple nights at Brixton or big shows Wembley/Ally Pally for the last 5ish years and have headlined Slam Dunk last year. Trying to make Don Broco smaller doesn't make Electric Callboy bigger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, m4tt said:

Don brocos previous london headline show before their secret set was o2 Islington, which is roughly half the size of electric ballroom.

Broco headlined Ally Pally in 2017, not a massive secret set by any stretch of the imagination last year but to be fair there’s been a UK arena tour booked either side of it.

Edited by andyrhodes24
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Broco headlined Ally Pally in 2017, not a massive secret set by any stretch of the imagination last year but to be fair there’s been a UK arena tour booked either side of it.

Wow, didnt realise ally pally was 2017. Still like i said, their prev london headline was islington in 2016.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, m4tt said:

Wow, didnt realise ally pally was 2017. Still like i said, their prev london headline was islington in 2016.

Bands sometimes play smaller intimate/last minute shows but it doesn't mean that is the size of the band though. Both Volbeat and Arcade Fire did 1kish club shows a few months ago but they are also playing arena shows in the same year.

Don Bronco was touring venues like Brixton before 2016 whilst Electric Callboy are playing these smaller venues as that's their size.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Turns out I am a aware of this Electric Callboy band, or had at least heard them before, another cabaret act, sad the state rock music is in when you have to take the piss to be noticed/ get an audience.

They would no doubt be a fun first watch, deffo not a secret set to get the tongues wagging though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So pleased for Broco’s rise in recent years, one of the most fun live bands you’ll see. Looking forward to Leeds Arena after years of watching them in club/academy sized venues, especially with Papa Roach.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Benj said:

Turns out I am a aware of this Electric Callboy band, or had at least heard them before, another cabaret act, sad the state rock music is in when you have to take the piss to be noticed/ get an audience.

They would no doubt be a fun first watch, deffo not a secret set to get the tongues wagging though

You make it sound like it's something new. Once upon a time stuff like Slipknot, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Green Day were sneered at for being wrong rock at but are considered legit legends nowadays. Even further back Elvis and Cliff Richard used to be controversial because they were swinging to the music as they played.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Benj said:

They would no doubt be a fun first watch, deffo not a secret set to get the tongues wagging though

I don't know, I think they're just about to blow up here.

I only discovered them doing my Slam Dunk research and didn't get positive response from friends when I told them to have a listen. But their tongues were wagging after after actually seeing them.

Edited by m4tt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

So pleased for Broco’s rise in recent years, one of the most fun live bands you’ll see. Looking forward to Leeds Arena after years of watching them in club/academy sized venues, especially with Papa Roach.

This had completely passed me by and having looked tickets are still available so thank you, I will treat me and the Mrs. once Leeds fest is done 😉

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

BMTH have just released a banger in time for R&L. I can’t wait for their set. 

The music will speak for itself but excited for the whole show, staging was spot on last year. At this point it’s hard to see which songs they could take out of their set list.

It’ll be chaos down the front, gonna be hard work packing the tent up on Monday morning!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is a grower already, that BMTH song. Not quite Die4U, but definitely one built with the idea of doing a festival headline slot.

Speaking of, they turned an eighty-minute run out last night in France. Add in Strangers - and possibly Bad Life if my prediction of a Sigird guest slot is on the money - and knock a couple out, that is probably the deal.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bring-me-the-horizon/2022/halle-tony-garnier-lyon-france-63b52e8f.html

Edited by NorthernSoul52
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

That is a grower already, that BMTH song. Not quite Die4U, but definitely one built with the idea of doing a festival headline slot.

Speaking of, they turned an eighty-minute run out last night in France. Add in Strangers - and possibly Bad Life if my prediction of a Sigird guest slot is on the money - and knock a couple out, that is probably the deal.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bring-me-the-horizon/2022/halle-tony-garnier-lyon-france-63b52e8f.html

Diamonds Aren’t Forever! That setlist is nice. Like you’ve said, swap out the acoustic Follow You for the acoustic version of Bad Life with Sigrid and stick Strangers in there and that would be a brilliant headline set. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Diamonds Aren’t Forever! That setlist is nice. Like you’ve said, swap out the acoustic Follow You for the acoustic version of Bad Life with Sigrid and stick Strangers in there and that would be a brilliant headline set. 

Absolutely. I think a lot would be delighted with that.

The release of Bad Life absolutely passed me by at first glance, but it's just a terrific arena pop song. Her Glasto performance of it was a standout on the telly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...