2022 Festival

30 minutes ago, jump said:

Nah, Bring Me wouldn't and shouldn't be subbing. They should be a headliner at this point even if it is the second main stage.

Yup, was a lazy example Not stepping out of the current lineup. wolf Alice maybe?

Cant think of anyone else who could realistically play second and appeal though which is half the problem? Limp Bizkit maybe? Would Weezer be big enough?

Nothing in that announcement at all for me, how drab.

Pretty sad about The Pit/Lock Up, I can't see myself going next year based on the trajectory that it's going (unless they pull of one good day). Might have to try Download

Just now, LazyDavid said:

Nothing in that announcement at all for me, how drab.

Pretty sad about The Pit/Lock Up, I can't see myself going next year based on the trajectory that it's going (unless they pull of one good day). Might have to try Download

Do Download. The lineup for 2023 is pretty damn good. 

Tbh, I think this years R&L is pretty solid. I’m going on Sunday which is the weakest day (bill wise) but to me the full weekend is pretty solid.

Dave, Little Simz, Megan The Stallion, Joy Crookes, Pinkpantheress, Arctic Monkeys, Wolf Alice, Fontaines DC, Rage against the machine, run the jewels, maneskin, 100 gecs, GAYLE. Pretty solid bunch of names across the weekend and probably a few I’d like if I was more familiar with them.

10 minutes ago, Benj said:

Yup, was a lazy example Not stepping out of the current lineup. wolf Alice maybe?

Cant think of anyone else who could realistically play second and appeal though which is half the problem? Limp Bizkit maybe? Would Weezer be big enough?

I’m not sure either would be big enough to sub.

The issue isn't the sub though as they could put a popular rapper in and it would be fine as they cross over with hip hop. The issue is the undercard where there’s fuck all angry rock music for a legendary angry rock band which would carry over even if it was one main stage and a tent.

2 minutes ago, jump said:

I’m not sure either would be big enough to sub.

The issue isn't the sub though as they could put a popular rapper in and it would be fine as they cross over with hip hop. The issue is the undercard where there’s fuck all angry rock music for a legendary angry rock band which would carry over even if it was one main stage and a tent.

They could have at least had Frank Carter opening that day. 

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah I mentioned on the previous page switch Frank and Black Honey to the Sunday and the days looks a lot better.

It would make a lot more sense to get the adult with jobs who want to see Rage into the arena sooner so they can spend money on food and beer rather than them spending all day in the pub around the corner which I’ve got a feeling is gonna happen with me and my mates.

8 hours ago, BenG92 said:

They took the hip-hop route rather than rock. If you like Rage you surely have a passing interest in other alternative hip-hop, Denzel Curry, Danny Brown and Run The Jewels are all on that day which is pretty stellar.

That said by the looks of things they'll fuck it up and clash Danny and Rage.

Nah, I’ve watched Rage 4 or 5 times and they’ve got very much a rock crowd.

Basically they’re rock fans who like a bit of rap as opposed to rap fans who like a bit of rock.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Every single person who likes that band is a fucking dweeb. 

No band that tries to be funny is funny. Type O Negative? Hilarious. Alestorm, Steel Panther and Tenacious D? Shite. 

What do you mean you don't like the same unfunny joke repeated over several albums?

But for real though why is this a thing only within Metal? Like you've even forgot to include that Ned Fladders band. They're always so one note and feel so immature.

Edited by justanothername

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I fear for the Frank Carter crowd on the Friday, given they had a smallish crowd for the main stage when they last played and Frank Turner and NBT have had pretty tiny crowds when they’ve played, to what you’d assume would be a more appreciative audience given the rest of the line up on their days

1 minute ago, justanothername said:

What do you mean you don't like the same unfunny joke repeated over several albums?

But for real though why is this a thing only within Metal? Like you've even forgot to include that Ned Fladders band. They're always so one note and feel so immature.

You obv missed out on the GLC and Weird Al Yankovic

theres the What sound does a fox make money as well who are actually pretty good music wise and indeed even a little funny. The jokes wear very thin very quickly though

you can inly hear these things once really

36 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Has the lineup been announced? 

Aside from it going to 4 days next year nah but there are heavy rumours of Metallica playing twice and Bring Me headlining with Architects subbing.

With a lot of active bands skipping the UK despite being in Europe this year like Slipknot, The Offspring, Five Finger Death Punch, Gojira etc it's possible they are avoiding the UK to play Download which means a very stacked line up next year otherwise why go to 4 days. I'm want to be optimistic but I've got a feeling of dread that there's gonna be a swerve of Whitesnake or some other shit headlining to keep the double denim dinosaurs happy.

Edited by jump
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, jump said:

Aside from it going to 4 days next year nah but there are heavy rumours of Metallica playing twice and Bring Me headlining with Architects subbing.

With a lot of active bands skipping the UK despite being in Europe this year like Slipknot, The Offspring, Five Finger Death Punch, Gojira etc it's possible they are avoiding the UK to play Download which means a very stacked line up next year otherwise why go to 4 days. I'm want to be optimistic but I've got a feeling of dread that there's gonna be a swerve of Whitesnake or some other shit headlining to keep the double denim dinosaurs happy.

To corroborate that info, an IRL mate of mine who regularly hears things has also been told it’s Metallica x2 and BMTH, with Guns N Roses as the fourth headliner. Also heard that Parkway Drive were down to play the Sunday but isn’t sure if that’s still the case due to the issues they’ve had recently. 

Edited by Andre91

3 hours ago, TKOCF said:

I’d be surprised if Rage’s crowd even reaches the sound tower.

Maybe this will be the kick up the arse for Download to pick up the slack and move to start booking your BMTH/MCR/Green Day types to scoop up that crowd. Iron Maiden and Slipknot aren’t going to be around forever for them to constantly fall back on.

I dunno, Rage day is completely sold out. You gotta remember it’s also the only UK show on their tour other than leeds, people will come for them and then alone. 

its 2022, I can’t see rage doing another tour lol

Edited by JamieB1830

7 minutes ago, JamieB1830 said:

I dunno, Rage day is completely sold out. You gotta remember it’s also the only UK show on their tour other than leeds, people will come for them and then alone. 

its 2022, I can’t see rage doing another tour lol

You forgot Scotland.

26 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

To corroborate that info, an IRL mate of mine who regularly hears things has also been told it’s Metallica x2 and BMTH, with Guns N Roses as the fourth headliner. Also heard that Parkway Drive were down to play the Sunday but isn’t sure if that’s still the case due to the issues they’ve had recently. 

I know that’s a very strong set of headliners that the regulars will love but I’m not feeling as it much as I should. If the undercard is strong it would sway me though particularly if Parkway Drive are there.

Is it too much to ask for Prodigy, Machine Head, Nine Inch Nails and Alice Cooper headlining the second stage?

Edited by jump

10 hours ago, JamieB1830 said:

Reading day has but Leeds still hasn't, nor their Edinburgh gig. Whereas the AM/BMTH day sold out in what felt like seconds. 

Wasn’t expecting much from the announcement yesterday but it was pretty underwhelming even though we knew it’d larger be smaller acts. The Dave at Leeds is dead, Saturday always works out like that for me strangely. 

6CCD508B-FD7E-4F5A-8FBA-A32FEC82E75F.png

15 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Wasn’t expecting much from the announcement yesterday but it was pretty underwhelming even though we knew it’d larger be smaller acts. The Dave at Leeds is dead, Saturday always works out like that for me strangely. 

6CCD508B-FD7E-4F5A-8FBA-A32FEC82E75F.png

You accidently clicked on Maneskin!

Also you're not seeing Run The Jewels? They are fucking awesome live and probably one of the best rap groups who can appeal to rock fans plus Zack will probably come on for Close Your Eyes And Count To Fuck.

Edited by jump

Looks like 2 bands left to announce in the pit/FR (whatever its called) and a secret set for the Saturday.

But, I'm sure clashfinder has shown this in the past then it never gets filled, they just close the stage early

If the clashfinder is right theres a risk of a shikari clash..... that would suck

Capture.JPG

4 minutes ago, m4tt said:

Looks like 2 bands left to announce in the pit/FR (whatever its called) and a secret set for the Saturday.

But, I'm sure clashfinder has shown this in the past then it never gets filled, they just close the stage early

If the clashfinder is right theres a risk of a shikari clash..... that would suck

Capture.JPG

It actually says TBA for the headline spot on the poster, so would be cheeky even for Reading to just go, ah actually fuck it, let’s just shut up early!

• Like 1