2022 Festival

2 hours ago, VCK said:

Holly Humberstone just looks like every white girl on Twitter aged 18 to 24.

And all the old white blokes on here are wondering why she's popular with white girls ages 14-28...?

1 hour ago, m4tt said:

surely we're due an announcement in the next week or so..... 

Hope so. 

You’d assume Parklife, Download and Slam Dunk passing will allow some embargoes to be lifted

Was somewhat looking forward to Megan this year but after seeing her at Primavera a few days ago I'll certainly been giving that a miss. Obviously a completely different style of rap but Simz absolutely blew her out the water at Prima the weekend before. The set up alone really didn't seem headliner worthy, largely just her on her own which really didn't help with her presence. Just lets me get a better place for Dave which can't be a bad thing at all!

Deaf Havana teasing "news" tomorrow. They've already announced the new album, next single and UK & German tour, which covers most of the "news" I could think of.... perhaps a Reading announcement? 

Edited by m4tt

57 minutes ago, m4tt said:

Deaf Havana teasing "news" tomorrow. They've already announced the new album, next single and UK & German tour, which covers most of the "news" I could think of.... perhaps a Reading announcement? 

Kellas from TPD also teasing tomorrow. Could be the full thing with them doing a DJ set again?

9 minutes ago, Komaric said:

Kellas from TPD also teasing tomorrow. Could be the full thing with them doing a DJ set again?

Yeah good shout actually that. Hopefully as we’re due an announcement. Mid June and still don’t have the full pit/lock up stages. 

I think Deaf Havana news is a Banquet Records album launch show.

The Reading website has been down for a little while though. Updating?

Edit:

DH news was right

Website back up with no obvious updates 😞

Edited by m4tt

22 minutes ago, m4tt said:

Edit:

DH news was right

TPD announcement now tomorrow

41 minutes ago, m4tt said:

Edit:

DH news was right

I fear Deaf Havana’s chances of ever playing again are unlikely now there’s 60 less spots on the lineup

Could they do a top 2 FR spot?

14 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Pendulum are active around the festival, surely no space anywhere but wouldn't that be unreal

Fucked up they didn't book them considering it was by far the best set of 2018, oh well going Pukkelpop to see them.

Some really decent stuff on the introducing stage, deadletter, courting, anorak patch and honeyglaze in particular. Can barely see other additions though. Sad to see the end of the pit, really seems like I'm going to miss that personally.

Edited by theesundayroast

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

If there’s any new/decent rock/indie just been added please let me know to save me wading through stuff I’m not interested in. 

Would check out Anorak Patch, very small and only a handful of songs but i've seen them at the Windmill a couple times and they smashed it. Deadletter are pretty reminiscent of early gang of four with a bit of the fall and would check them out if you're into that kinda stuff.

• Upvote 1

The end of the pit/lock up. Sad to see! Think this will definitely be my last Reading festival, 15 festivals and out ✌🏼. It’s been a steady decline over the last 7-8 years but the last 2-3 festivals have taken a dramatic dive off a cliff. This is V festival now, like it or not.