2022 Festival

9 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Same here, absolutely nothing in the main stage for me so Creeper before Fever333 would be ideal (and is what was supposed to be last year before both dropped out)

I need Creeper on main stage, otherwise they're headlining the pit v Monkeys and I'm ripping myself in two

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

I need Creeper on main stage, otherwise they're headlining the pit v Monkeys and I'm ripping myself in two

Yeah, agree. I could do without that Saturday Pit headliner being any good as they’d likely clash with Arctics.

I was thinking/hoping they’d be on the Friday before Fever333 so I’d have a couple of bands to watch when Dave is on

• Upvote 1

I saw Creeper last night (they were good as always but they had to rush through 5 songs) and they were very precise with the wording when talking about their futures shows. They talked specifically about their Download show rather than saying something like see us at the festivals in the summer. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

45 minutes ago, jump said:

I saw Creeper last night (they were good as always but they had to rush through 5 songs) and they were very precise with the wording when talking about their futures shows. They talked specifically about their Download show rather than saying something like see us at the festivals in the summer. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

Hopefully they didn't want to let slip about Leeds then. They're playing Trees too though.

Also, can't believe they only got 5 songs. I was considering going to the Leeds date but not for only 5 songs and having to sit through the Cult.

3 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Hopefully they didn't want to let slip about Leeds then. They're playing Trees too though.

Also, can't believe they only got 5 songs. I was considering going to the Leeds date but not for only 5 songs and having to sit through the Cult.

They did smash it though and these type of support shows is more about trying to convince the headline band's audience to go to their shows. Besides I've got half price tickets from a seat filling site so I can't really complain about not getting my money's worth although the fucking drinks were expensive! I drank about 10 pints costing £7.50 each, this is the 4th gig of the year I've had at The O2 after Ghost, Bastille and Tool so I really should have come up with a better plan by now as I drank a few cans outside too but I wasn't in a merry enough state.

I'm indifferent to The Cult, they weren't bad but I doubt I will ever see them again. Alice Cooper was great though, just a cheesy fun rock show. In the space of a month I've gone from struggling to name anything more than his obvious hits to being able to complain his setlist should have been 40 songs to adequately cover everything.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sacred shape said:

The Cult are great.

22 hours ago, jump said:

Every time when asked about UK dates for the rest of the year they've made it sound like Download and Trees are it in the UK this year.

Sorry if this has been asked before or posted in the wrong group but are any tickets likely to go back on sale? I remember I got some in about June/July last year. Just hoping to get a Saturday ticket to Reading. Know it’s unlikely but would love to see AM & BMTH

1 hour ago, Brad75 said:

Megan thee stallion headlining The other stage at Glastonbury?. Does this not mean R & L were right about her headlining?

Did many actually doubt this at the time? She's massive and headlining other festivals here and abroad. It's just not a great efestivals booking

25 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Did many actually doubt this at the time? She's massive and headlining other festivals here and abroad. It's just not a great efestivals booking

It was more to do with people moaning that as she's not headlining Wireless and Longitude she therefore shouldn't be headlining R&L as they want their money's worth.

Personally I agree but only because I'd rather have Ghost, Nine Inch Nails or Prodigy headlining but that's just silly.

29 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I think he was suggesting it is a decent MSW booking at Reading after all  

Foals are headlining the Friday on same stage. No one would bat an eyelid about them playing MSW, indeed many have suggested they can do MSE. 

Ultimately both are great counter programming agains what else is on. Something we sadly no longer get at Reading. Where it’s just take it or leave it

2 minutes ago, jump said:

It was more to do with people moaning that as she's not headlining Wireless and Longitude she therefore shouldn't be headlining R&L as they want their money's worth.

Personally I agree but only because I'd rather have Ghost, Nine Inch Nails or Prodigy headlining but that's just silly.

The day Ghost headline R&L I'll buy your ticket (with my magical beans)

4 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

The day Ghost headline R&L I'll buy your ticket (with my magical beans)

You mean the yoof don't think satanism is cool anymore?

10 minutes ago, jump said:

You mean the yoof don't think satanism is cool anymore?

I dunno, that Young Blood fellow wears a lot of eyeliner and black clothing. Maybe I'm wrong. 

40 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I dunno, that Young Blood fellow wears a lot of eyeliner and black clothing. Maybe I'm wrong. 

He's a bit weedy though, how is he gonna overpower virgins so he can sacrifice them to Satan?

19 minutes ago, Brad75 said:

Do we think that now Glastonbury has announced it's full line up that we will get the last few names soon?

It’s usually June that the next lineup poster comes out I think, surely won’t be any later than this month

15 hours ago, BenG92 said:

She's subbing lots of smaller festivals is the issue for a lot of people. All 3 MSW bookings are small, i'd argue all 3 are smaller than last years 3 honestly (maybe not Biffy but QOTSA originally)

13 hours ago, sacred shape said:

Would love to see Twin Temple in the Pit  

They are really fun live, I want to see them at their own show rather than a festival or support slot after seeing them support Ghost.

Devil worshipping doo wop is the future of rock and roll!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gfa said:

She's subbing lots of smaller festivals is the issue for a lot of people. All 3 MSW bookings are small, i'd argue all 3 are smaller than last years 3 honestly (maybe not Biffy but QOTSA originally)

Yup, the whole 6 headliner thing is absolute bunkem, thats the problem, no chance those 3 headline any major, mainstream festival in the UK in 2022. She's subbing Reading in reality

We need the tent back badly, if just for the counter programming 

Edited by Benj

5 minutes ago, Benj said:

Yup, the whole 6 headliner thing is absolute bunkem, thats the problem, no chance those 3 headline any major, mainstream festival in the UK in 2022. She's subbing Reading in reality

We need the tent back badly, if just for the counter programming 

I dunno, the clashless mainstages and them booking acts you don't like are two different things so having two concurrent stages wouldn't guarantee any sort of quality improvements to the line up.

My suggestions is to bring a book to read whilst Maneskin are playing!