Billie Eillish/Royal Blood

Travis Scott/Tame Impala

Rage Against The Machine/Dave

Potentially swap out Tame with Biffy Clyro but I could see the 6 headliner thing mean Tame could make the step up, especially if Catfish can do it

Edited by TheWaters
  • Like 1
  • Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why does Eminem, the largest rapper, simply not eat the other rappers?

Calvin Harris 2022, 2023, 2025 and 2030 it is 

JJ HAS RESPAWNED 

Posted Images

16 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Billie Eillish/Royal Blood

Travis Scott/Tame Impala

Rage Against The Machine/Dave

Potentially swap out Tame with Biffy Clyro but I could see the 6 headliner thing mean Tame could make the step up, especially if Catfish can do it

Keep forgetting about rage lol. I get so confused with 2021/2022 dates.

Billie, Rage, Biffy, Royal Blood, Dave, Fall Out Boy is my prediction 

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Biffy are at Download and FOB are on the Hella Mega Tour. I think your other four are looking good, though. 

Billie / Royal Blood 

Paramore / Foals (or Courteeners) 

RATM / Dave 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I’d certainly take that ahead of the six this year.

Four out of six of them being rock bands would certainly need a shift of current policy from the bookers though.

On 4/30/2021 at 11:31 AM, jumperofftheshelf said:

Absolutely love Royal Blood and really hope they do headline in 2022 but this album is so middle of the road and samey 😕

Very good way to describe it. I've listened to it and not sure I'd bother again.

On 4/30/2021 at 2:11 PM, Benj said:

I haven’t heard it....the reason being the singles have suggested nothing new. 

the second LP was boring as hell, just more of the same, can someone confirm that I’ll hear something new on the new one?

All up for seeing them live though, great live music, boring on record

I think it'll come and pass you by quite quickly. Unless I'm missing what the kids really do like these days then I can't see a headline spot at a major festival coming.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Very good way to describe it. I've listened to it and not sure I'd bother again.

I think it'll come and pass you by quite quickly. Unless I'm missing what the kids really do like these days then I can't see a headline spot at a major festival coming.

A agree except for the fact that what the kids are listening to these days is even worse, haha.

31 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

A agree except for the fact that what the kids are listening to these days is even worse, haha.

Well yes haha. Talking of new albums though. Bar the odd song, the new Offspring album is pretty good, for them at this time of their career anyway.

On 5/3/2021 at 3:57 PM, thewayiam said:

As much as I love RB I think their ship has sailed for a headline slot above the likes of Truck, Victorious, Tramlines etc. Their problem is they burst onto the scene with an unbelievable first album that they'll never top. They were drawing the "you either love them or find them boring" comments before but this new album is their equivalent of Tranquillity Base, way too marmite to appeal to the masses unfortunately

They've literally only just reached the point of headlining those festivals, it seems way too early to call that their peak when they're heading for a third number one album.

2 hours ago, Jericode said:

They've literally only just reached the point of headlining those festivals, it seems way too early to call that their peak when they're heading for a third number one album.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it. All I mean is that this album won't be as widely popular as the first two so the live draw isn't as big. It'll probs be a number one but they're untested as a big seller of festival tickets. Catfish also on their third album have done APE and other big outdoor gigs to test the water. They'd easy headline the second Main Stage, but not the first

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Royal Blood having a third UK #1 album but I still think R&L would be doubtful to have them as headliners.

With the 6 headliner thing I think they could definitely do it.

If it was back to the classic format then I think they could at a push, but maybe they’d need to be paired with a co-headliner.

If that tour sells out, R&L will have no doubts about their ticket shifting power. They will be big enough to headline if they sell that many tickets. I think they’re big enough now, personally. 

Edited by Andre91
46 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

If that tour sells out, R&L will have no doubts about their ticket shifting power. They will be big enough to headline if they sell that many tickets. I think they’re big enough now, personally. 

I believe their last tour sold out with about as many tickets on sale (substituting three nights at Ally Pally for the O2 on the latest one). Doing it again would improve their status though, of course.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I believe their last tour sold out with about as many tickets on sale (substituting three nights at Ally Pally for the O2 on the latest one). Doing it again would improve their status though, of course.

That’s why I was surprised they subbed in 2019. 

Just now, Andre91 said:

That’s why I was surprised they subbed in 2019. 

Same. I think they probably had their headliners sorted but Royal Blood were happy to play anyway.  I recall they were announced a couple of months after the headliners and other first announced acts. In 2019, two years after the albumhere was no real reason for them to tour except road test some tunes and pick up a couple of cheques.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

With the 6 headliner thing I think they could definitely do it.

If it was back to the classic format then I think they could at a push, but maybe they’d need to be paired with a co-headliner.

I think a co-headliner with Paramore would work.

It's just an opinion but going back to Royal Blood's first album, this latest is just boring and poor.

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I think a co-headliner with Paramore would work.

It's just an opinion but going back to Royal Blood's first album, this latest is just boring and poor.

I really like it, it’s been a week and I still think it’s class. 
Similar to Catfish really, found a formula and stuck to it, although RB have always been more entertaining imo

Yeah I have this feeling with Royal Blood that they are in the same informal category as Catfish, BMTH, etc in that they should really have been given a chance sooner but there is this hesitation from R&L.

Do you think it’s because all three of them spent a few years headlining smaller festivals so R&L didn’t feel like they ‘made’ them as headliners?

I definitely think if it’s 6 headliners they need a call. It’s an easy rock band who would definitely do it - and I doubt any other festival would rule them out. They may have to accept that Royal Blood may also headline the other stage at glasto or something in the same year.

But as last time proved - they are popular at the festival so they seem like a no brainer for me. Not underestimating R&L to make a weird decision and not book them though.

12 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I really like it, it’s been a week and I still think it’s class. 
Similar to Catfish really, found a formula and stuck to it, although RB have always been more entertaining imo

Personally Catfish haven't reached their first albums heights by a mile. I like a few songs from their further releases but I'd like to see them when it's not raining or try too. And Feeder ar 40 notes is a good support.

Gigs in Wales....not sure why I'm not expecting rain haha.