Jump to content

2022 Festival


Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, bleeegghh said:

Think the main difference is that reading crowd will start moshing even at the most inappropriate of times. Think its fair to say its rowdier but the pits are still worse than a good one at download. Indie fans are also notorious for starting pits at the end of the song. 

Will stand by that reading does have moshing as well as teenagers jumping into eachother to indie music 

I was in a few pits last year where there were lads just looking for a scrap. All fun and games until you’ve got some ketted up roider starting fights with kids at The Wombats

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I was in a few pits last year where there were lads just looking for a scrap. All fun and games until you’ve got some ketted up roider starting fights with kids at The Wombats

🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People may say its got worse now but theres not the mass riots from the 2000s anymore on Sunday.

The fundamental issue is the lack of entertainment past the headliners really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

People may say its got worse now but theres not the mass riots from the 2000s anymore on Sunday.

The fundamental issue is the lack of entertainment past the headliners really.

My mates who’ve been going to Leeds since the infamous Temple Newsam riots always talk of how toilets and tents were burned on Sunday nights back then. It’s just idiots diving into people’s tents these days.

That’s the thing, although it can still be rough at night at Leeds even with Relentless and Piccadilly. The campervan field is a blessing, absolute serenity at night 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

My mates who’ve been going to Leeds since the infamous Temple Newsam riots always talk of how toilets and tents were burned on Sunday nights back then. It’s just idiots diving into people’s tents these days.

That’s the thing, although it can still be rough at night at Leeds even with Relentless and Piccadilly. The campervan field is a blessing, absolute serenity at night 🤣

I bet yeah, Reading was particularly bad last year i will say compared to when I went in 2018 but i've only done Reading twice so can't actually talk too much vs a lot of people here. Tents were being set on fire by us but we had a good time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gfa said:

People may say its got worse now but theres not the mass riots from the 2000s anymore on Sunday.

The fundamental issue is the lack of entertainment past the headliners really.

This, get a silent disco DJed by artists on the bill (e.g. Sports Team DJ set, wargasm dj set stuff like that) on all the tents at night in addition to the campsite silent DJs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Rowdy as in raping and stabbing people in the campsite? R&L is rowdy for the wrong reasons. 

Silly suggestion, though. DevilDriver getting gargantuan circle pits compared to a bunch of teenagers tamely jumping into each other during Nothing But Thieves are worlds apart. The Ghost Inside in the tent at DL this year will be chaos. 30 people jumping into each other during DMA’s will not. 

 

Nah, others said was I was gonna say well enough - L+R is 100% rowdier on the whole even if it's not always appropriate / goes too far. I'm sure you've seen (or felt) what a Malevolence pit looks like, feels like that's way more suited to L+R these days than Download. Maybe I've just spent too long at Download main stages. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, NoBuses said:

This, get a silent disco DJed by artists on the bill (e.g. Sports Team DJ set, wargasm dj set stuff like that) on all the tents at night in addition to the campsite silent DJs

Given they got rid of the thursday silent disco at Reading its going the wrong way to that. I don't think people care if small band x or small band y is djing, they just want something to do.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Nick dp said:

Arcade fire tour dates are screaming secreat set. But without the big tent where would they play? 

Arcade Fire are very un-Reading 2022. I think the days of big secret sets might be behind us with out the R1 tent honestly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, gfa said:

People may say its got worse now but theres not the mass riots from the 2000s anymore on Sunday.

The fundamental issue is the lack of entertainment past the headliners really.

In this respect, Limp Bizkit secret set?

 

(this is a joke. although they are on the UK at the time……)

Edited by JamieB1830
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, gfa said:

Arcade Fire are very un-Reading 2022. I think the days of big secret sets might be behind us with out the R1 tent honestly.

It's a shame because I'd love to have them back. Arguably their popularity in the UK increased off the back of that 2010 headline set. They certainly became a more familiar name to normie types, even if it's just them actually being able to say they've heard of them!

Edited by VCK
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, VCK said:

It's a shame because I'd love to have them back. Arguably their popularity in the UK increased off the back of that 2010 headline set. They certainly became a more familiar name to normie types, even if it's just them actually being able to say they've heard of them!

I remember them being announced led to a chorus of people going "Who the fuck is Arcade Fire?" and it was so common the band even did merch with it including one of my favourite band shirts ever.

 

Anyone remember these shirts? :D : r/arcadefire

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sacred shape said:

Saw Jamie T last night (was basically barrier) and it was mental. Most lively gig I've been to in a while. People were very excited to see him. Praying for a secret set in the FR at Leeds

He was good fun in 2015! Though judging by the crowd for Jake Bugg's "secret" set last year a Jamie T set in there would be carnage, that being said people left Bugg in large numbers mid-set haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

He was good fun in 2015! Though judging by the crowd for Jake Bugg's "secret" set last year a Jamie T set in there would be carnage, that being said people left Bugg in large numbers mid-set haha

I thought Bugg's secret set was class but I was fairly near the front (I'm also a massive fan so that probably helped!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

He was good fun in 2015! Though judging by the crowd for Jake Bugg's "secret" set last year a Jamie T set in there would be carnage, that being said people left Bugg in large numbers mid-set haha

Jake Bugg struck me as an incredibly odd choice - is he that popular with the R&L crowd these days? I didn't think he was popular when he subbed MSE back in 2014

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, sacred shape said:

Saw Jamie T last night (was basically barrier) and it was mental. Most lively gig I've been to in a while. People were very excited to see him. Praying for a secret set in the FR at Leeds

It was carnage what a gig

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Jake Bugg struck me as an incredibly odd choice - is he that popular with the R&L crowd these days? I didn't think he was popular when he subbed MSE back in 2014

Not anymore - hence his placement. 5 years ago him in the FR would be carnage

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2022 at 5:53 PM, andyrhodes24 said:

I was in a few pits last year where there were lads just looking for a scrap. All fun and games until you’ve got some ketted up roider starting fights with kids at The Wombats

Just noticed Pup are over to Europe for, as yet, a single date in Spain on Aug 24th

Potential Saturday Pit headliner?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2022 at 2:25 PM, gfa said:

Arcade Fire are very un-Reading 2022. I think the days of big secret sets might be behind us with out the R1 tent honestly.

See I wonder if it might be the Glasto-like thing of having surprise special guests as first on the main stage. Least that's what I'd do if I was organising these things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2022 at 12:26 PM, andyrhodes24 said:

Jake Bugg struck me as an incredibly odd choice - is he that popular with the R&L crowd these days? I didn't think he was popular when he subbed MSE back in 2014

I know he was briefly fairly big around that time but I'm still bemused he got picked as sub for Arctic Monkeys at Reading 2014. Didn't strike me as an obvious choice even at the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I know he was briefly fairly big around that time but I'm still bemused he got picked as sub for Arctic Monkeys at Reading 2014. Didn't strike me as an obvious choice even at the time.

Yeah, can you remember that we spent ages trying work out who would be announced between Jake Bugg and Arctics, then it turned out that Jake Bugg was subbing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member




×
×
  • Create New...