2022 Festival

30 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

My mate went to see Denzel Curry in Manny on Monday told me it was insane better than the Snuts who we saw last week in the same gaff and I thought were good. However I then saw this on Tik Tok

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLnn5h1c/

That will make a nice change from a London gig where it feels like I'm standing in between mannequins most of the time.

7 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Somehow got tickets to the intimate Jamie T comeback next week, will try and ask about Reading ahaha

That's better luck than me, I just got a none are left message when I tried. I must have used up my luck as I was on a roll with getting Arcade Fire, Prodigy, Nine Inch Nails and Halestorm tixs. 

Enjoy the gig!

6 hours ago, mylesharrison said:

Pusha T’s new album is phenomenal, I remember seeing someone say on this forum that push was guaranteed for reading, next announcement? 

I regret to inform you that user was having a laugh, would’ve loved it though 

14 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

My mate went to see Denzel Curry in Manny on Monday told me it was insane better than the Snuts who we saw last week in the same gaff and I thought were good. However I then saw this on Tik Tok

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLnn5h1c/

Saw Denzel Curry in Manchester Academy 2 back in.. maybe 2019.. and it was great but the mosh pits were lethal, I had quite a bit of drink in me and it's still to this day the only mosh pit that was so rowdy i had to make my way out of the crowd to be sick, so good!

7 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Saw Denzel Curry in Manchester Academy 2 back in.. maybe 2019.. and it was great but the mosh pits were lethal, I had quite a bit of drink in me and it's still to this day the only mosh pit that was so rowdy i had to make my way out of the crowd to be sick, so good!

If he plays This Life at Leeds, I’ll punch myself in the balls. 

Yeah Denzel’s late 2018 Ta13oo tour in 500 or so cap venues was mental. absolute state of this set list. can’t find the  birmingham one but i assume it was the same 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/denzel-curry/2018/thekla-bristol-england-5b948328.html

IDK supporting was great too i’d been into him for a few years at that point 

11 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

After seeing them supporting Architects a Sleep Token pit set would be lovely

I don’t think they worked very well as main support in an arena and I personally don’t dig their music but, as a spectacle, they are certainly intriguing. I saw them in the tent at the Download Pilot and thought it worked better so I agree. They’re big enough to sub or even headline the Pit. 

I really want Malevolence to get a slot. 

7 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t think they worked very well as main support in an arena and I personally don’t dig their music but, as a spectacle, they are certainly intriguing. I saw them in the tent at the Download Pilot and thought it worked better so I agree. They’re big enough to sub or even headline the Pit. 

I really want Malevolence to get a slot. 

I was gonna say I can only see them being booked higher and higher at Download, but being as heavy as they are, they might get more pit traction from the R+L nutters. I love Download but it's full of dorks, let's be honest. Last time I saw The Ghost Inside there some people looked flabbergasted when the main stage crowd started swinging. 

18 hours ago, BenG92 said:

I was gonna say I can only see them being booked higher and higher at Download, but being as heavy as they are, they might get more pit traction from the R+L nutters. I love Download but it's full of dorks, let's be honest. Last time I saw The Ghost Inside there some people looked flabbergasted when the main stage crowd started swinging. 

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Those R&L nutters, eh? 

Yeah baby. You can't tell me the R&L crowd isn't rowdier on average than Download these days. 

Fuck it, play both. Malevolence deserve every slot they can get. 

11 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Yeah baby. You can't tell me the R&L crowd isn't rowdier on average than Download these days. 

Fuck it, play both. Malevolence deserve every slot they can get. 

Rowdy as in raping and stabbing people in the campsite? R&L is rowdy for the wrong reasons. 

Silly suggestion, though. DevilDriver getting gargantuan circle pits compared to a bunch of teenagers tamely jumping into each other during Nothing But Thieves are worlds apart. The Ghost Inside in the tent at DL this year will be chaos. 30 people jumping into each other during DMA’s will not. 

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Rowdy as in raping and stabbing people in the campsite? R&L is rowdy for the wrong reasons. 

Silly suggestion, though. DevilDriver getting gargantuan circle pits compared to a bunch of teenagers tamely jumping into each other during Nothing But Thieves are worlds apart. The Ghost Inside in the tent at DL this year will be chaos. 30 people jumping into each other during DMA’s will not. 

Its calmed down in recent years, no stabbing at Reading since 2017 and nothing on rape for a while either (probably under-reported though). Bit of a silly argument anyway, download may have some set swith 'gargantuan circle pits' but on the whole Reading has a lot more moshing

16 minutes ago, gfa said:

Its calmed down in recent years, no stabbing at Reading since 2017 and nothing on rape for a while either (probably under-reported though). Bit of a silly argument anyway, download may have some set swith 'gargantuan circle pits' but on the whole Reading has a lot more moshing

There was both at Leeds last year (heard it first hand from a steward), as well as several muggings (one very close to our tent, leading to a chase). 

Reading doesn’t have moshing. It has teenagers tamely jumping into each other to indie music. I’m being purposely facetious but to say that Reading has more moshing in 2022 than a rock and metal festival is absurd. Download naturally has more moshing because of the bands it books (especially in the tents). It doesn’t help that they fill the top two stages with old c**t acts and ram all of the exciting acts in tents. Not that it’s a competition, between the two festivals,  like. 

Edited by Andre91

45 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

There was both at Leeds last year (heard it first hand from a steward), as well as several muggings (one very close to our tent, leading to a chase). 

Reading doesn’t have moshing. It has teenagers tamely jumping into each other to indie music. I’m being purposely facetious but to say that Reading has more moshing in 2022 than a rock and metal festival is absurd. Download naturally has more moshing because of the bands it books (especially in the tents). It doesn’t help that they fill the top two stages with old c**t acts and ram all of the exciting acts in tents. Not that it’s a competition, between the two festivals,  like. 

Festival rumours from stewards or not are not always highly reliable

My 17 year old niece was told there were 10+ drug deaths at Reading. There was a single death in the end…

Youd assume download would have a nicer more, chilled crowd though for sure

22 minutes ago, Benj said:

Youd assume download would have a nicer more, chilled crowd though for sure

For sure. No worries if knocking someone’s beer out of their hand by accident and then being a cock. Obvs there’s exceptions but the whole atmosphere is far less hostile. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Think the main difference is that reading crowd will start moshing even at the most inappropriate of times. Think its fair to say its rowdier but the pits are still worse than a good one at download. Indie fans are also notorious for starting pits at the end of the song. 

Will stand by that reading does have moshing as well as teenagers jumping into eachother to indie music 

34 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

For sure. No worries if knocking someone’s beer out of their hand by accident and then being a cock. Obvs there’s exceptions but the whole atmosphere is far less hostile. 

Its always going to be less hostile when people are double the age and not in groups of 20+ (the main issue with the atmosphere at Reading i think, and i say that as an offender)

17 minutes ago, gfa said:

Its always going to be less hostile when people are double the age and not in groups of 20+ (the main issue with the atmosphere at Reading i think, and i say that as an offender)

Fuck them kids. 

57 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Leeds was full of dickhead kids starting pits to every song going last year, I do get the rowdy thing without it going as far as stabbings etc. Seen that really pick up since 2017ish with nob heads going as far back as green camp with fireworks and tents being trampled - they do seem to be staying further away from the usual blue and red fields.

I know people who went home after a couple of days last year because it was getting too rough. Funniest thing last year was some lad running about on the dodgems and getting launched off them by the owner. Not being funny but the change of lineup over the years correlates with the number of dickheads I’ve seen. The Pit stage was a nice refuge in 2021.