2022 Festival

What do we think the chances of one of 50 cent, playboi carti or lil baby being announced. All at a festival in Finland the weekend before with no other European dates in August or September.

All playing in the Us back end of July after doing the European festival circuit June and July.

They wouldn't come for just one festival in Finland?

33 minutes ago, Brad75 said:

What do we think the chances of one of 50 cent, playboi carti or lil baby being announced. All at a festival in Finland the weekend before with no other European dates in August or September.

All playing in the Us back end of July after doing the European festival circuit June and July.

Its sold out and theres no room left really near the top of the lineup -hardly worth squeezing one in. Carti is exclusive at wireless too - not sure if the others might be as well?

Sziget maybe - theres still some more stuff to come for a few festivals

57 minutes ago, Brad75 said:

I guess you mean Blockfest. 50 cent and Carti were supposed to play that festival in 2020-2021 and are not announced for this year's edition (and I think they won't be). So far announced names are Jack Harlow, bbno$ (which already play R&L), Lil Baby, Central Cee, SAINt JHN or Yung Lean.

4 hours ago, VCK said:

Normies seem to love Maneskin at the moment. No doubt they'll fade out in a couple of years time but they will draw a big crowd at R&L.

Not a fan of Maneskin but If ‘normies’ are starting to like rock bands with actual ,guitars, drums,bass and vocals again then it’s a step in the right direction.

4 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Not a fan of Maneskin but If ‘normies’ are starting to like rock bands with actual ,guitars, drums,bass and vocals again then it’s a step in the right direction.

Their biggest song is a remake of a pop song, i think theres a way to go yet. Glass Animals are probably a better hope to stick with honestly as they have got definite longevity.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Their biggest song is a remake of a pop song, i think theres a way to go yet. Glass Animals are probably a better hope to stick with honestly as they have got definite longevity.

For what it’s worth, their bigger song in the UK last year was ‘I Wanna Be Your Slave’ - which certainly is a rock banger!

27 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

For what it’s worth, their bigger song in the UK last year was ‘I Wanna Be Your Slave’ - which certainly is a rock banger!

It’s a bit novelty record. I’m definitely in the ‘They’re shirt’ camp but am strangely Looking forward to seeing them.

Deffo a novelty. I hope to have my mind changed about them being shit

Edited by Benj

10 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Chuffed for em. Know one of the lads through my housemate and have been on a few nights out with him. Have also known for a while and still couldn’t quite believe it till it was announced haha. Reckon they’re a shout for FR next year 

I know them personally (ish), absolutely buzzing for them. 

On 4/1/2022 at 5:27 PM, Komaric said:

Not to out where I got the info from but the band are playing Reading this year. 

Are you talking about who's supporting on the Arctic Monkeys European tour this year?

If so, it's Inhaler. Already announced.

36 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Could 30 Seconds to Mars be doing a surprise set?

Playing in Croatia the weekend before, no UK date

https://thirtysecondstomars.com/mars-island/

That would be a surprise to everyone, given that most people have forgotten Jared Leto has a band.

Except of course the people paying $2k to visit Mars Island and hang out on the same island as the band.

4 hours ago, VCK said:

Does anyone still listen to 30STM in 2022? All of their fanbase from 10-15 years ago must now be in their late 20s/30s and moved on?

On their most recent tour in 2018, they played at the O2, Motorpoint Arena, Manchester Arena, SSE Arena & Birmingham Arena. Not sure how they sold though. 

5.6m monthly listeners on Spotify which seems about right, and they haven’t released anything new in 4 years now. 

1 hour ago, wro_lap said:

Reading appear to have put weekend tickets back on sale! Leeds haven't yet but wouldn't be surprised if they follow suite

They constantly kept going back on sale for 2021 for both sites but none for Leeds that I’ve seen so far this year. Hoping for Leeds too, missed out in December!

1 hour ago, andyrhodes24 said:

They constantly kept going back on sale for 2021 for both sites but none for Leeds that I’ve seen so far this year. Hoping for Leeds too, missed out in December!

Aye me too. There were hundreds of them flying out by August though, people could barely get rid of them, so I reckon everyone who wants a ticket will get one easily - I'm not worried!

17 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Aye me too. There were hundreds of them flying out by August though, people could barely get rid of them, so I reckon everyone who wants a ticket will get one easily - I'm not worried!

Will be less COVID worries/ positive tests this year which may reduce numbers of returns a bit