Jump to content

2022 Festival


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Idk but I love them. Think they'd be ace in a tent.

They seemed vaguely interesting the bit I saw last year. Would deffo have been better in a tent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/18/2022 at 2:54 PM, Gerard the Fab said:

Yh was thinking about this last night

its not hard to smuggle 3/4 cans into the arena and so if there was more option I’m convinced I’d spend more time there

even if it was both the Pit and FR

but Yh I’d love R1 bsck as well tbh, provides shade too

Elaborate on the cans please

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/18/2022 at 8:00 PM, Benj said:

Aye they were brilliant but then strangely shit the next year

Then great again the next time. 

probably expectations!

Edited - Just seem that Andre posted similar bar not enjoying them the 3rd time.

Seeing a band on the way up is definitely one of the beauties of festivals, it’s not the same on the main stage, even when it’s proper rammed like Post Malone and Eilish, the sense of occasion isn’t quite the same when you’re sharing it with quite so many people!

 

Saw Catfish in the FR tent in 2014 the week before their album came out and it felt like a proper moment. Rammed tent, hundreds more outside that couldn't get in. Being one of my favourite bands of the last 10 years, that was a special set for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Saw Catfish in the FR tent in 2014 the week before their album came out and it felt like a proper moment. Rammed tent, hundreds more outside that couldn't get in. Being one of my favourite bands of the last 10 years, that was a special set for me.

Hard to imagine Reading can have these now, as again there will be two less options to draw people away, so would it be safe?

Obv it’s impossible to predict if a band will blow up and that kind of thing will happen, so I don’t know what they’d do about it now?

There’s a 2/3rds less chance of it happening though, given the FR only runs 1/3 days!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Benj said:

Hard to imagine Reading can have these now, as again there will be two less options to draw people away, so would it be safe?

Obv it’s impossible to predict if a band will blow up and that kind of thing will happen, so I don’t know what they’d do about it now?

There’s a 2/3rds less chance of it happening though, given the FR only runs 1/3 days!

In a way the new setup could work to create more hype for an up and coming band on the FR but, as you say, there's a risk of overcrowding, particularly if they were put up against someone from a complete opposite genre on the main stage. Would be the same for secret sets. As was mentioned a few pages back, I think the days of a big secret set are over unfortunately.

The Dance tent is massive though, don't see why a band couldn't play there if it's a secret set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pukkelpop full lineup is out, some interesting names there a week before R&L, some of which pose all sorts of questions: Limp Bizkit, Cypress Hill, Slipknot, Pendulum, Sean Paul, Palaye Royale, The Murder Capital, Yard Act, King Gizzard & The Wizzard Lizzard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Pukkelpop full lineup is out, some interesting names there a week before R&L, some of which pose all sorts of questions: Limp Bizkit, Cypress Hill, Slipknot, Pendulum, Sean Paul, Palaye Royale, The Murder Capital, Yard Act, King Gizzard & The Wizzard Lizzard

The Murder Capital would be amazing, their set at TRNSMT last year was brilliant

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Pukkelpop full lineup is out, some interesting names there a week before R&L, some of which pose all sorts of questions: Limp Bizkit, Cypress Hill, Slipknot, Pendulum, Sean Paul, Palaye Royale, The Murder Capital, Yard Act, King Gizzard & The Wizzard Lizzard

I’d welcome just about any of those bands, will be lucky to get more than one or two at best I’d say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Maneskin’s upcoming Brixton Academy show has been upgraded to the O2 Arena, massive!

Surprised this didn't happen with Phoebe Bridgers. Sold out 4 nights at O2 Brixton in minutes, plus 2 nights at Manchester Apollo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Surprised this didn't happen with Phoebe Bridgers. Sold out 4 nights at O2 Brixton in minutes, plus 2 nights at Manchester Apollo. 

Probably just prefers to play Brixton before moving to bigger venues 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having had a look who’s around in Europe at the time, they really could have made that RATM day something way more special and appealing to the day ticketers: 

Rage Against The Machine / Run The Jewels / Limp Bizkit / Cypress Hill / Denzel Curry / WILLOW / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes (special guest opener) 

I know this isn’t a typical R&L lineup these days but RATM aren’t a typical R&L headliner these days. It doesn’t matter that it’s Reading & Leeds; if that lineup was a thing, you would have had way, way more people instantly buying tickets for that day, I am certain. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Having had a look who’s around in Europe at the time, they really could have made that RATM day something way more special and appealing to the day ticketers: 

Rage Against The Machine / Run The Jewels / Limp Bizkit / Cypress Hill / Denzel Curry / WILLOW / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes (special guest opener) 

I know this isn’t a typical R&L lineup these days but RATM aren’t a typical R&L headliner these days. It doesn’t matter that it’s Reading & Leeds; if that lineup was a thing, you would have had way, way more people instantly buying tickets for that day, I am certain. 

That day would be all kinds of insane, would be a proper eye-catching day ticket event. 

Still get big Simpson vibes off Cypress Hill from the Homerpalooza episode. Give me Smashing Pumpkins / Sonic Youth / Cypress Hill (with special guests The London Symphony Orchestra) / Peter Frampton

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...