2022 Festival

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Does anyone really want to see Arctic Monkeys play the wildly overplayed and these days plodding I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor? 

Mardy Bum is pretty bad live these days as well

5 minutes ago, foolee said:

Mardy Bum is pretty bad live these days as well

Between the debut and SIAS, AM are one of my favourite bands ever and I’m not much of a fan of AM or Tranquility Base. However, I would much rather see them play the material than those last two albums than plod their way through anything from the first album. The material from the debut sounded naff back in 2014 when they last headlined. 

59 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Does anyone really want to see Arctic Monkeys play the wildly overplayed and these days plodding I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor? 

Secret door, Hellcat, Library pictures and a couple from tranquility base would do it for me aside from the 'must haves'. Feel like I've seen dancefloor far too many times but know fully well that it'll still be a big moment for anyone who hasn't seen them.

7 hours ago, Miyn said:

I can't wait to see you down the front belting the lyrics to Dancefloor and R U Mine.

If you’re calling me out, almost all of the first quote is a joke. A good one at that, I just laughed at it.

I am a fan. Just their live rep is not good.

Friday - Frank Carter > bbno$ > Pinkpantheress > Fumez the Engineer >  Knucks > Glass Animals > Polo G > Pa Salieu > Dave

Saturday - (underlined if chosen in a clash) Tai Verdes > Jack Harlow >  D Block Europe > French the Kid > Wolf Alice > JPEGMAFIA > Unknown T > Krept and Konan > Arctic Monkeys

Sunday - Bad Boy Chiller Crew > Denzel Curry > Maneskin > Run the Jewels > Halsey > Rage Against the Machine > Arrdee

Saturday is terrible, I'll be coming in at 4 and sparsely watch anything I really until Arctics.

Sunday is even worse!

The worst part is, the spaces still available will be lower level bands that I'm not interested in.

40 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If you’re calling me out, almost all of the first quote is a joke. A good one at that, I just laughed at it.

I am a fan. Just their live rep is not good.

Yeah, I knew it was joke. The other quote reminded me of it, and I thought it was funny so I posted it.

3 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Yeah, I knew it was joke. The other quote reminded me of it, and I thought it was funny so I posted it.

Fair enough mate. My bad.

R U Mine is definitely still a banger but as Andre says, its hard to have any enthusiasm about Dancefloor now so I’d probably just catch my breath in prep for Four Out of Five. 

7 minutes ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

How early do you reckon the front pit fills up on AM day? I imagine with the Fontaines-Wolf Alice-AM run it’ll be really early but would like to catch Shikari too

You'll want to be by the entrance to the pit just before Wolf Alice ends, you'll be able to get a good spot. The pit for Liam closed a little while after Cinnamon ended, but way before Biffy had finished.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Yep I kinda think it needs dropped but it never will be. At TRNSMT in 2018 they played a few oldies and view from the afternoon was the highlight. They do kinda plod through a lot of the old ones and they’re too slow and I say that as a huge fan. 

Highly doubt Mardy Bum will be seen again and tbh it’s overrated. Maybe When the Sun goes down but outwith that itll be the usual suspects like Brianstorm  and do me a favour from FWN, cornerstone and crying lightning from humbug. Barely any sias (plz no brick by brick) then a heavy focus on AM songs I would guess 

11 hours ago, wro_lap said:

Reminder to anyone saying the lineup is shit: AM/RATM/Dave etc are still there. We're gonna have a good time.

I’m not really interested in Arctic Monkeys or Dave…

BMTH

RATM

Halsey

Dave

AM

MTS

Is my order or interest. I’ll see a bit of Dave but head over Fever333, AM will depend on the alternative, MTS won’t be watched. 

Once more not having the R1 is lessening my ability to have a good time.

it’s clear now the 2 main stage thing is not beneficial to the overall experience

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Ngl Willow Smith, 100 Gecs, GAYLE, Maneskin, Run The Jewels, Halsey, Rage Against the Machine is way more than I thought I was going to get for my Sunday day ticket. Kinda happy really.

Assume you thought you were gonna get at least 4 of them when you bought it!

The fact that 3 more bands you’re actually interested to see on an 11 hour festival line up should be the minimum of expectations!

Just now, Benj said:

Assume you thought you were gonna get at least 4 of them when you bought it!

The fact that 3 more bands you’re actually interested to see on an 11 hour festival line up should be the minimum of expectations!

Well my plan originally was to turn up probably in the afternoon but it looks like I’m probably going to try and arrive in the morning. 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Well my plan originally was to turn up probably in the afternoon but it looks like I’m probably going to try and arrive in the morning. 

Sad indictment of the festival, when as a music fan, you don’t expect there being anything worth watching before 5pm!

3 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

No doubt Alex will drag Miles Kane out for 505 or something

Rob Kellas said it best…how is Alex’s back not hurting from carrying that man’s career 

He was also bang on when he said a Monkey's live show is only as exciting as their last album, because they play everything else in the same tempo for some fucking reason. Those tranquillity base shows were fucking boring even when they played the hits, it just sounded wrong. Hoping for better at Reading but I won't be losing sleep over having to stand at the back late after Bring Me to see one of my fave indie band.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Don't forget Denzel Curry, don't skip (if there's no clash you're interested in). 

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I feel like they can't even be arsed with this stage anymore. How has it got so few acts at this point?

Seems mad that they still maintain the two name for it when the distinction between the 'punk' Lock-Up and the 'rock' Pit is gone, and now it's just whatever filler they can get with an overdrive pedal and some forgettable emo rappers.

Pretty sad state of affairs. Might as well just make it a three-day FR stage and book those same acts among other ones they actually want to book.

Just done the clashfinder and I'll be spending most of the Dave/MTS in the Pit Stage which is somewhat depressing in its current state. No variation for me since nothing appeals on the main stages after Circa Waves

4 hours ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

How early do you reckon the front pit fills up on AM day? I imagine with the Fontaines-Wolf Alice-AM run it’ll be really early but would like to catch Shikari too

I'm getting in there for The Sherlocks and not leaving