2022 Festival

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

The only way they can make that announcement look good is to fuck off the 2 Main Stage idea and go back to Radio 1 and 1 Main Stage.

Main Stage//

Dave + Bring me the Horizon >> Megan Thee Stallion >> Polo G

Arctic Monkeys >> Wolf Alice >> Enter Shikari

Rage Against the Machine >> The Kooks >> Run the Jewels

Radio 1//

Bastille >> DMAs

Rex Orange County >> D-Block Europe

Don Broco >> Little Simz 

The kooks?!? WTF 😂 

Anyone thinking MTS might have swung the headline only for reading by promising appearances from people shes colabed with? 

Also aware its an unpopular opinion but im quite liking the new announcement my days looking quite full eachday and a rage day with heavy rap on the undercard makes sense to me

still got hope limp biz are a secret set which theyd probably get a better reception for 

I know I bang on and on about it, the greatest trick FR ever pulled was somehow convincing people that the 2 main stage thing was a good idea!

Hey guys, your choice of who to watch is reduced by a third but you get to see Dave AND Megan Thee Stallion!!

Take MTS, Halsey and BMTH back and give me 16 more acts to choose from a day please

Just now, bleeegghh said:

Anyone thinking MTS might have swung the headline only for reading by promising appearances from people shes colabed with? 

Would be a sad indictment of modern culture if she’s managing to headline as Dua Lipa and Cardi B are gonna turn out for 3 minutes a piece

51 minutes ago, Benj said:

I know I bang on and on about it, the greatest trick FR ever pulled was somehow convincing people that the 2 main stage thing was a good idea!

Hey guys, your choice of who to watch is reduced by a third but you get to see Dave AND Megan Thee Stallion!!

Take MTS, Halsey and BMTH back and give me 16 more acts to choose from a day please

The amount of money they saved is insane. They've scrapped 2 stages and spent 75% of that money on some "bigger" headliners than would go on R1, whilst filling the rest of both stages with lesser acts.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’m thinking that the other Pit headliner must be someone who is at Slam Dunk or Dowload. Creeper is my bet. 

Hopefully we’ll get Ho99o9 on the Pit as well.

Cancelled last year and got a new album out. They’re about to announce a UK tour so may be waiting until after that to be added to the line up.

Anybody else surprised by Black Honeys placement? Thought their stock had dropped a fair bit over the years and I say that as a fan. Can't see anything they've done that would boost them up recently or is it a Tik Tok thing or something I'm too old to understand. 

5 minutes ago, Buko said:

Anybody else surprised by Black Honeys placement? Thought their stock had dropped a fair bit over the years and I say that as a fan. Can't see anything they've done that would boost them up recently or is it a Tik Tok thing or something I'm too old to understand. 

You could say the same about half the lineup

• Like 1

It’s been the case for a while now but there’s really no cohesion to R&L lineups anymore, is there? Out of the two Main Stages, the only top 3s that would likely appeal to a lot of similar people are on AM and Dave’s stages. 

1 hour ago, Buko said:

The recent album outperformed quite a lot of their older work that had been out for years within a month I think and have been keeping on a lot of festival lineups and tours in the time thyev been able too. Played reading 3/4 of the last four years its been on so they were probably due a mainstage slot but also the first two bands on mainstage are never all that massive. 

8 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

I reckon there’s still about a dozen bands to be added to the Lockup/Pit stages.

I feel like they can't even be arsed with this stage anymore. How has it got so few acts at this point?

Seems mad that they still maintain the two name for it when the distinction between the 'punk' Lock-Up and the 'rock' Pit is gone, and now it's just whatever filler they can get with an overdrive pedal and some forgettable emo rappers.

Pretty sad state of affairs. Might as well just make it a three-day FR stage and book those same acts among other ones they actually want to book.

Dave, Little Simz, Frank Carter, All Time Low

Arctic Monkeys, Bring Me The Horizon, Enter Shikari

Rage Against the Machine, Run The Jewels, Maneskin, Denzel Curry, Willow, Bad Boy Chiller Crew, 100 Gecs

Due to some potential clashes (ie. Fever 333 + Dave) the ones above are the ones I'm actually excited to see so far. Was really hoping there'd be more rock on RATM day considering it's not even ThePit/Lock-Up that day either but hey-ho!

Plenty of names on there I need to fully check out, thankfully still got just under 6 months to go!

On 8/15/2021 at 4:30 PM, dentalplan said:

I waited there all day in my leather jacket, hair slicked back, white rose tattoo on my inner forearm and honestly I thought it was fantastic. Did not disappoint.

My friends and I set off straight home afterwards (took ages to get back to the car park because of the sodding inconsiderate crowd moving so slowly) and watched the BBC coverage straight after and honestly it was mindblowing. Alex just looked amazing.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Uhhh... If your weekend hinges on Arctic Monkeys delivering a thrilling set then I encourage you to delve deeper into the lineup, just in case.

I can't wait to see you down the front belting the lyrics to Dancefloor and R U Mine.