Jump to content

2022 Festival


Recommended Posts

Adding some more to my playlist, some of the smaller rap and dance names are decent - still quite disappointed though, it does seem like this year they are trying to please too many people, obviously they have some great headliners, but just was expecting a better and stronger undercard tbh. I am sure it'll still be a fun weekend, and thinking about it, most of my memories have been from the camping (and Co-Op) side of it, not in the main arena - so am gonna try and stay as positive as I can be, even though I really am not a huge fan of it.

Playlist: 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Only 8 acts to be announced for Main Stage now, assuming they will be openers / lower and unheard of acts. The big names are all gone.

Still some spots for those bigger than Poppy and Bru-C you’d hope 🤣

Otherwise the 2 main stage thing is an even bigger crock of shit that thought

 

(and I like poppy, may also like Bru-c, never heard of him/ her/ them though)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MSE// 2 acts remaining

Dave > Polo G > Little Simz > Circa Waves > Griff > Black Honey > Frank Carter

Arctic Monkeys > Wolf Alice > Fontaines DC > Jack Harlow > The Lathums > The Sherlocks > ???

Rage Against the Machine > Run the Jewels > Maneskin > Pale Waves > Denzel Curry > Willow > ???

 

MSW// 5 acts remaining

Megan Thee Stallion > Glass Animals > All Time Low > Joy Crookes > Wallows > BBNO$ > ??? 

Bring me the Horizon > D-Block Europe > Enter Shikari > JXDN > Poppy > ??? > ??? 

Halsey > Bastille > DMA's > Bad Boy Chiller Crew > Bru-C > ??? > ???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

There was around 11 acts per day on the Pit last year so there is plenty, plenty more to come. I think it's pretty guff how they've only got 4 acts confirmed for one of the days, though. 

11 on the Friday plus 2 secret sets! So looooads more to come on the pit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only way they can make that announcement look good is to fuck off the 2 Main Stage idea and go back to Radio 1 and 1 Main Stage.

Main Stage//

Dave + Bring me the Horizon >> Megan Thee Stallion >> Polo G

Arctic Monkeys >> Wolf Alice >> Enter Shikari

Rage Against the Machine >> The Kooks >> Run the Jewels

 

Radio 1//

Bastille >> DMAs

Rex Orange County >> D-Block Europe

Don Broco >> Little Simz 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

There was around 11 acts per day on the Pit last year so there is plenty, plenty more to come. I think it's pretty guff how they've only got 4 acts confirmed for one of the days, though. 

Its still 5 months away - surely by announcing later it gives them more time to get up-and-coming bookings that will look strong in future years?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, does anyone else think it’s really weird that RATM are headlining the Sunday and they’ve not really put any other rock acts on the main stages but also put FR on that day and not a pit/lock up day? Would’ve made more sense if they weren’t going to bulk up the main stages with rock acts. Hopefully Limp Bizkit, Don Broco or MGK will be added later on. MGK would be made for that day as well having Halsey and Willow playing. 
 

Feel like it would be better to get rid of the comedy/alternative stage and turn that into a separate FR stage so you could have 3 full days of FR and pit/lock up. Also echo everyone saying that it’s a bit rubbish that they’ve not announced many acts on those stages. Who are we thinking will be the TBC headliner on Saturday? I assume it’ll be someone playing Slam Dunn or Download, Creeper possibly? Which would be a shame as they’d get a handful of people watching clashing with either BMTH or AM. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, foolee said:

Also, does anyone else think it’s really weird that RATM are headlining the Sunday and they’ve not really put any other rock acts on the main stages but also put FR on that day and not a pit/lock up day? Would’ve made more sense if they weren’t going to bulk up the main stages with rock acts. Hopefully Limp Bizkit, Don Broco or MGK will be added later on. MGK would be made for that day as well having Halsey and Willow playing. 
 

Feel like it would be better to get rid of the comedy/alternative stage and turn that into a separate FR stage so you could have 3 full days of FR and pit/lock up. Also echo everyone saying that it’s a bit rubbish that they’ve not announced many acts on those stages. Who are we thinking will be the TBC headliner on Saturday? I assume it’ll be someone playing Slam Dunn or Download, Creeper possibly? Which would be a shame as they’d get a handful of people watching clashing with either BMTH or AM. 

Yeah it's weird. They could have just moved Frank Carter, Fever 333 or Black Honey to the Rage day and it would look a lot better for Rage fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apart from the headliners this year is looking pretty average, only excited about three of those new additions (JPEG, Danny Brown and Bakar) although I do think Joey Valence is an interesting addition, I've seen his Tik Toks and all his music serves as a love letter to the Beastie Boys, definitely worth checking out

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, foolee said:

Does anyone know if any of the dance stage acts are not actually dance acts ala Alfie Templemen & KennyHoopla last year? 

Madison beer is the first name that pops into my head, makes music I like but in no means Dance 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, foolee said:

Does anyone know if any of the dance stage acts are not actually dance acts ala Alfie Templemen & KennyHoopla last year? 

yep theres a couple

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, foolee said:

Does anyone know if any of the dance stage acts are not actually dance acts ala Alfie Templemen & KennyHoopla last year? 

I wouldn’t call Gecs dance. More like experimental electronic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I reckon PUP will probably play The Pit on the Saturday. Went to buy tickets for their UK tour just now and saw they are playing a festival in Malaga on Friday August 26th.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Tai Verdes is a very odd one for the dance stage. He's California stoner chill music, he's the sort of act that would be great earlier main stage in the sun

They had a few like that on there last year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...