2022 Festival

3 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Could say the same for Stormzy, Posty and LG. It makes no difference if the main ones are headlining MSE. The "lesser" ones as such headlining MSW is arguably subbing as we've mentioned previously. Originally I thought the 2 MS was just to avoid any COVID conundrums with inside tents and stages, I now think as they've been trying to do it for years that it is permanent as its a "unique selling point".

Part of me thinks we're all going too strong though. For me, right now Rage, Dave and if they release any music, Paramore are 3 I think we'll see. Acts like Royal Blood, Courteeners, Foals and Bring Me will always be in the convo. So will Travis Scott, Dua Lipa, Billie EIlish, Eminem and the Weeknd. Hate to say it but Kings of Leon would've been 4 years, FOB and Biffy 5.

Its hard to make it weak enough to be feasible

I'm factoring in more so that the two stages at Reading I think were done to make it seem bigger etc given the plan was a scaled down adapted stage version with what was known with pandemic. Next year it'll all be good with no worries. Also I think Posty or not, a co-headline to just a straight headline needed some alternative outlook.

4 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

You think Dave can headline outright?

I think so. Maybe change killers for someone else tbh, a bit more recent i think. I reckon next year festivals will fly again tbh

The Killers have a rescheduled stadium tour for May time, don’t they? Would that rule them out or not? I would assume not seeing how it’s pretty much all sold out already, right? 

The Killers, Paramore & RATM would be a great trio. I know there’s no pop/rap headliner but I’m sure the undercard would be stacked with those acts.

I think it’ll be 6 headliners anyway fwiw. 

Edited by Andre91

22 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The Killers have a rescheduled stadium tour for May time, don’t they? Would that rule them out or not? I would assume not seeing how it’s pretty much all sold out already, right? 

The Killers, Paramore & RATM would be a great trio. I know there’s no pop/rap headliner but I’m sure the undercard would be stacked with those acts.

Killers probably planned to do festivals the year after they played those stadiums so to do both the same year isn't that crazy i feel

I'd say scrap paramore for someone to be honest, i really can't see there not being a pop/rap headliner.

agreed on 6 headliners

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Killers, Paramore, Rage would never happen as much as I’d love it, swap one for the Weeknd or Travis Scott and I reckon we could see it

I see no reason to change from my earlier headline prediction, but I will throw some more acts in:

Eminem, Giggs, Jorja Smith
Panic at the Disco, Nothing But Thieves, Pale Waves

Billie Eilish, Halsey, Enter Shikari
Dave, Headie One, Fontaines D.C.

Rage Against the Machine, Run the Jewels, Idles
Courteeners, Blossoms, Little Simz

33 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I see no reason to change from my earlier headline prediction, but I will throw some more acts in:

Eminem, Giggs, Jorja Smith
Panic at the Disco, Nothing But Thieves, Pale Waves

Billie Eilish, Halsey, Enter Shikari
Dave, Headie One, Fontaines D.C.

Rage Against the Machine, Run the Jewels, Idles
Courteeners, Blossoms, Little Simz

this would be a sad day for reading and leeds

7 hours ago, Andre91 said:

All of BMTH’s September tour dates have officially sold out. That’s 70k-ish tickets. They’re a headline band. 

Yep. Amazing that Download haven’t given them a shot yet.

If this six headliner shit is sticking around, there’s no doubt they’re big enough.

Hell they could probably do it if it went back to three headliners.

Edited by TKOCF

MS: DAVE, Doja Cat, The Vaccines, Lady Leshurr R1: Enter Shikari DS: Sub Focus LU: The Bronx FR: Kennyhopla R1X: Iann Dior 

MS: Arctic Monkeys, Courtneers, You Me At Six, Pale Waves R1: Aitch DS: Camelphat Pit: Beartooth FR: Shame R1X: Ghetts

MS: Rage Against The Machine, Royal Blood, Run The Jewels, Idles R1: Fatboy Slim (Closing set) Blossoms DS: Hannah Wants Pit: Rise Against FR: Mystery Jets R1X: Scarlxrd 

Secret set: Paramore

15 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Are we of the opinion that this two main stages thing is a one off then? I can see them sticking with it tbh it’s been the pipeline for quite a while iirc

Yh I think they’ll keep it, I can’t see why they wouldn’t. It may mean less “massive names” as such but I’m not sure that’s too bad