2022 Festival

They waited for all other festivals to announce, and then announced quietly was enough to show that they had a dogshit lineup.

I said it for weeks its always delayed like this because they know its dire, I was shouted down constantly but fuck me its worse than even I thought it'd be.

Its a tough sell to my wife who I brought tickets and an Airbnb for the weekend to treat her for a first ever festival, that that is what she has to attend!

21 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I appreciate I am miles away from the demographic of Leeds now (coming to the sobering realisation that I’m 30 next year) but it does seem to have gone down like a lead balloon with most people.

To be honest you look at the comments on every single post and every single muppet is asking for headline sized acts / Playboi Carti to be announced. People just don't realise how festivals work and that they can't book everyone

On 1/4/2022 at 12:55 PM, Andre91 said:

JXDN playing third down has made me chuckle both times I’ve seen it suggested. Third down the Pit, sure. 

On 1/4/2022 at 12:58 PM, Chad888 said:

JXDN is the US version of Yungblud. Around equal in terms of listeners (which was something you previously used to justify Yungblud being a headliner).

He will be around the placing of Arizona Zervas last year who was 4th on the former R1 stage.

Ah, I was right. 4th down on the former R1 stage. Shambolic lineup.

5 minutes ago, TownNation said:

Can’t even lie, Gayle, Crawlers and Poppy are 3 excellent additions. Looking forward to all of them. Looking to legitimately be so varied and one of the best lineups in years. 

I thought sponsored posts need to be highlighted as such by law?

'This post was paid for by FR Marketing Department' or words to that effect.

1 hour ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

The line up was already sparse with the 2 others I’m going with. Think this is going to be a hard sell to convince them not to sell their tickets. 

Also, wasn’t there recent sexual allegations about a member of all time low? Strange to see them booked. 

They're currently suing the person who accused them - https://www.nme.com/news/music/all-time-low-file-lawsuit-to-prove-sexual-misconduct-allegations-are-false-3153929

And they're already doing a lot of big US festivals this Summer, so I wasn't too surprised to see them here. 

I felt like my £85 day ticket was already worth it for Rage, RTJ and Denzel Curry, so my expectations for decent additions were low but that's a weak announcement, even by RandL's modern standards. Feels like they've not even tried to improve it. Happy with Bou and Kanine but they're DnB DJs I've seen numerous times, but at least it gives me a reason to come away from MSE for a bit. The rest of the weekend was never for me anyways, but that Sunday at Reading is gonna be fun.

And for the love of God, change the poster format. It's sucked for years now.

11 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

They're currently suing the person who accused them - https://www.nme.com/news/music/all-time-low-file-lawsuit-to-prove-sexual-misconduct-allegations-are-false-3153929

And they're already doing a lot of big US festivals this Summer, so I wasn't too surprised to see them here. 

Oh wow, hadn't read into for a while just assumed they would be kicked to the kerb as a band. It seemed like so many people were coming forward saying that the same thing happened to them. 

24 minutes ago, TownNation said:

Can’t even lie, Gayle, Crawlers and Poppy are 3 excellent additions. Looking forward to all of them. Looking to legitimately be so varied and one of the best lineups in years. 

50 bands less varied than 2019. Conservatively, you probably would have had at another 3 bands that size, you’re as happy to see as them, if they hadn’t moved to the two main stages.

Before you consider the atmosphere is better at the smaller rages for the smaller acts

Edited by Benj

11 minutes ago, foolee said:

Hopefully someone will update the clash finder today 

Imagine it will change a fair bit with a fair few names to announce on top (esp as the likes of Poppy will surely open the stages

33 minutes ago, Benj said:

Imagine it will change a fair bit with a fair few names to announce on top (esp as the likes of Poppy will surely open the stages

Only 8 acts to be announced for Main Stage now, assuming they will be openers / lower and unheard of acts. The big names are all gone.

3 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

Oh wow that's bad... no Broco, no Architects, no Bizkit, no MGK. Pit/Lockup made up mostly of bands I've never heard of. Horribly thin undercard. I've gone from 95% sure I'd be going to practically ruled out in an instant.

I reckon there’s still about a dozen bands to be added to the Lockup/Pit stages.