2022 Festival

Gonna predict:

Main: Rex Orange County, Architects, Don Broco, Limp Bizkit, D-Block Europe, Central Cee, Holly Humberstone, Willow, Anne Marie, Self Esteem, Yard Act, Frank Carter (SG Opener)

Dance / 2nd: Jax Jones, Joel Corry, Gang of Youths, Rina Sawayama

FR / Pit: Magic Gang, The K's, The Mysterines, Frank Turner, Creeper, Funeral for a Friend, Static Dress, Courting, CVC

1XTRA: Ghetts, JPEGMAFIA

Edited by Dukey
  • Upvote 1

I agree that it’s strange they’ve not specified stage splits. Is there any reason they would be delaying that considering they’ve sold out weekend tickets and every other festival seems to have announced this? 

Predictions for decent sized slots based on who’s around: Rex Orange County, Don Broco and Limp Bizkit babyyyyy

15 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Not a fan of any of those bands but the fact that the ‘industry faves’ are rock bands is a positive move in the right direction.

I might be wrong, but as far as I can see, Wargasm’s music so far has all been self-released. 

36 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Between Wet Leg, Yungblud and Wargasm the current lot of industry faves are the most obvious they've ever been

Honestly though kinda see why - easy, cheap names to book who get a pop. I adore YUNGBLUD, and Wargasm are okay (not the best, but can tolerate them) (also don’t hate on me, this ain’t about my taste in music) but I also see lots on my feed about Wet Leg so they must be getting somewhere - so I kinda get it. 

12 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

I might be wrong, but as far as I can see, Wargasm’s music so far has all been self-released. 

Singers Dad was in Sex Pistols which is why people say they’re industry plants. I suppose it’s more that they’ve had a leg up on other bands. 

13 hours ago, Dukey said:

This would be super leftfield but can anyone see Snoop Dogg turning up? His UK tour starts just after the festival... 

He starts UK tour on the Friday of the festival and also has one on the Saturday so I guess ruled out. Also would headline above some of the current headliners so as good as it would be it's very unlikely

59 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Not a fan of any of those bands but the fact that the ‘industry faves’ are rock bands is a positive move in the right direction.

Yep definitely seems the industry thinks/wants it to go that way with the amount of pop/rap acts releasing pop punk songs recently.

Rex Orange County, Kooks and Limp Bizkit to sub MSW.

Don Broco, Anne Marie, Central Cee, Holly Humberstone, Willow, Sea Girls, Snuts to take up spots on the Main stages.

D Block Europe, A1 x J1, Ghetts, Example, BBNO$ on the 1xtra stage.

Joel corry, Bru-C on the dance stage.

Edited by Chad888

16 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Sure, and they've got all the tours and festival slots based on them being really good too....

This is Sam Matlock's 2nd band. Dead! didn't seem to get very far. Perhaps Wargasm are just good? They are very friendly with the UK punk scene - legit friends with small, non-plant bands. I don't think everyone in the scene would be so okay with them if they were plants....

Also, their drummer is part of Surprise! You're Dead, a small alternative promoter from Birmingham. So perhaps thats why they have got good slots.

Edited by sacred shape

5 minutes ago, chilltheory said:

Praying he's on main, don't want him to be clashing with Rage, have had Ta1300 on repeat recently.

Think he was down to be on Main before he pulled out last year so hopefully the same

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

This is Sam Matlock's 2nd band. Dead! didn't seem to get very far. Perhaps Wargasm are just good? They are very friendly with the UK punk scene - legit friends with small, non-plant bands. I don't think everyone in the scene would be so okay with them if they were plants....

Also, their drummer is part of Surprise! You're Dead, a small alternative promoter from Birmingham. So perhaps thats why they have got good slots.

Milkie Way out of Wargasm was (and maybe still is?) Yungblud's bassist a year ago - the plot thickens

5 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Milkie Way out of Wargasm was (and maybe still is?) Yungblud's bassist a year ago - the plot thickens

She played a few shows with him lmao (usually tv slots) she wasnt ever his bassist in the way youre making out.

some final predictions:

ms banks, central cee, rina sawayama, willow, holly humberstone, JPEGMafia, D-block europe, rex orange county, charli xcx, french the kid, shygirl, jax jones, don broco, aj x j1, james blake, yung lean

Edited by frankxcx2

1 hour ago, Miyn said:

Hoping to get a few decent names on the Monkeys day. I'm tempted to get a day ticket for it if they aren't playing Old Trafford Cricket this year.

They’re definitely doing the Cricket Ground, I just don’t know if it’s this year or next. I believe a certain Wigan band are supporting 

15 minutes ago, wghennessy said:

She played a few shows with him lmao (usually tv slots) she wasnt ever his bassist in the way youre making out.

Never said I was an expert but for such a minor role in the band someone's taken the time to detail it on his fandom page.