Jump to content

2022 Festival


Recommended Posts

Can't stand Yungblud, think he's an industry plant, candypop for a new generation of indie kids. His new single though hits, takes me back 15 years ago pre drinking in a mates uni halls with sticky floors then hitting the indie room in Propoganda, £10 entry for 10 drink vouchers. Proper 90s 00s vibes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/10/2022 at 12:18 PM, Chad888 said:

 

Even Dermot Kennedy is headlining over Megan The Stallion!

Each festival is a nail in the coffin for how shoddy that booking actually is. Pretty sure this means we will get Anne-Marie, Fred Again, Girl in Red, Willow, JPEGMAFIA. Also like to see Pixies and Kooks added.

Some of the comments on here make me laugh. Surely you know that Live Nation (and all the other brands it owns) book these festivals? Lead booker at Reading isn’t gunna be like ‘I didn’t know you’d book this act a spot lower’ when looking at Electric Picnic - it’s obviously discussed at length internally 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Benj said:

No chance they get on the main stage

Yeah, I think it’s safe to say they’re not playing. They’re headlining third at Download which will be great but, judging by the amount of tickets they’ve sold on this tour, they could have headlined Second Stage comfortably. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Can't stand Yungblud, think he's an industry plant, candypop for a new generation of indie kids. His new single though hits, takes me back 15 years ago pre drinking in a mates uni halls with sticky floors then hitting the indie room in Propoganda, £10 entry for 10 drink vouchers. Proper 90s 00s vibes.

He’s Avril Lavigne for the 2020s and that’s fine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I know they’ve been predicted by a few people but While She Sleeps definitely aren’t on this year’s lineup. I’ve just been chatting to their guitarist Matt as the FFAF gig in Sheffield and he said because of the arena run they’re doing with Parkway in September/October, they can’t do R&L. 
 

He also loved my Dirty Nil tee so go me. 

I wonder why they can’t do R+L if they are supporting someone in September and October?

Presumably it’s contractual, just wondering why such a clause in in place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

I wonder why they can’t do R+L if they are supporting someone in September and October?

Presumably it’s contractual, just wondering why such a clause in in place.

It’ll be a clause. You often find with big festivals (I know DL certainly do this) that they have a ‘you can’t play shows here X amount of months either side of the festival date’ built into the deal, so I’m assuming big arena tours must do the same. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

It’ll be a clause. You often find with big festivals (I know DL certainly do this) that they have a ‘you can’t play shows here X amount of months either side of the festival date’ built into the deal, so I’m assuming big arena tours must do the same. 

yeah, promoters have a clause so the act cant do competing shows which undermine the sales of the promoters shows.

Edited by Neil
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

It’ll be a clause. You often find with big festivals (I know DL certainly do this) that they have a ‘you can’t play shows here X amount of months either side of the festival date’ built into the deal, so I’m assuming big arena tours must do the same. 

Yeah I get that, just surprised that a metal band on support tour in Sept/October applies as that would have minimal effect on R/L ticket sales.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/11/2022 at 9:35 PM, Chad888 said:

Can't stand Yungblud, think he's an industry plant, candypop for a new generation of indie kids. His new single though hits, takes me back 15 years ago pre drinking in a mates uni halls with sticky floors then hitting the indie room in Propoganda, £10 entry for 10 drink vouchers. Proper 90s 00s vibes.

 

I promise you he isnt lol. My best friend is part of his entourage and with him daily. They've been singing together for a long long time and done their fair share of busking together.

YB is a genuinely nice guy as well behind closed doors. Gets a lot of stick on here for some reason.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wghennessy said:

 

I promise you he isnt lol. My best friend is part of his entourage and with him daily. They've been singing together for a long long time and done their fair share of busking together.

YB is a genuinely nice guy as well behind closed doors. Gets a lot of stick on here for some reason.

There’s been the occasional story of him from people on Twitter who claimed to go to school with him etc saying he was your classic stuck up popstar but there’s enough contrasting stories out there to counteract them. They could just be random people having a dig for no reason

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, wghennessy said:

 

I promise you he isnt lol. My best friend is part of his entourage and with him daily. They've been singing together for a long long time and done their fair share of busking together.

YB is a genuinely nice guy as well behind closed doors. Gets a lot of stick on here for some reason.

I've met him a couple of times, he's from Doncaster just down from where my mates lives the last 10 years. He's a very nice guy but the entire act he puts in is completely fake, including the accent. He's definitely not the very northern British punk 'don't give a fuck' guy he presents himself out. Very talented and nice but the entire stage persona is completely crafted by the label.

 

Edit - I've met him because my mate is a music journalist for a variety of publications, he gets access to the show and up close interviews with the acts. If management want to use in-house photographs for the article then I will go in lieu of his photographer.

Edited by Chad888
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Can anyone remember if Arctic monkeys were listed as a U.K. exclusive for this? Cheers 

I mean maybe we might get a small venue warm-up show in July if they're up for it. But I do seem to recall them being a festival exclusive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Shock horror that a performer has an on-stage persona. 

Yep, an industry crafted image. I.e. an industry plant. Considering you described him as that when we thought he was headlining, it's a bizarre statement but one very fitting for Mr Contrarian. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Yep, an industry crafted image. I.e. an industry plant. Considering you described him as that when we thought he was headlining, it's a bizarre statement but one very fitting for Mr Contrarian. 

Wet Leg are the biggest industry plants going, ont get the grief though as they don't irritate quite as much though

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

I mean maybe we might get a small venue warm-up show in July if they're up for it. But I do seem to recall them being a festival exclusive.

Not sure if it's this year or next but they're doing a UK tour of outdoor venues. I've been told Old Trafford Cricket Ground for definite and I'd imagine they'd do Hillsborough Park

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Komaric said:

Not sure if it's this year or next but they're doing a UK tour of outdoor venues. I've been told Old Trafford Cricket Ground for definite and I'd imagine they'd do Hillsborough Park

Interesting.

Long as it's not Finsbury Park for a London date again, given I wasn't really fond of it as a venue for either AM in 2014 or Queens of the Stone Age in 2018.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Interesting.

Long as it's not Finsbury Park for a London date again, given I wasn't really fond of it as a venue for either AM in 2014 or Queens of the Stone Age in 2018.

That bad? I'm seeing Sam Fender there this year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Komaric said:

That bad? I'm seeing Sam Fender there this year

Maybe others have better reviews of it but I felt like after a certain point far back from the stage the sound wasn't good enough and getting out was a bit of a mare.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Benj said:

Wet Leg are the biggest industry plants going, ont get the grief though as they don't irritate quite as much though

I've noticed this, suddenly appearing everywhere, they're the next chosen ones apparently!

 

 

Must be getting near time for an announcement

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...