2022 Festival

1 minute ago, stanh said:

For real, same with Parklife😂 Everyone at Wireless is some form of Exclusive other than Polo G, Jack Harlow, Dave, Little Simz, Central Cee, D-Block Europe and Megan Thee Stallion.

I think they're all either London exclusives or London festival exclusives. Or Birmingham exclusives probably.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think they're all either London exclusives or London festival exclusives. Or Birmingham exclusives probably.

Crystal Palace Park:

ASAP Rocky (UK Exclusive) / The Kid Laroi (UK Festival Exclusive) / Lil Uzi Vert (UK Festival Exclusive) / Don Toliver (UK Exclusive) / Trippe Redd (UK Festival Exclusive)

J. Cole (UK Exclusive) / Doja Cat (UK Exclusive) / Playboi Carti (UK Exclusive) / Gunna (UK Exclusive)

Tyler, The Creator (London Exclusive) / Roddy Ricch (UK Exclusive) / Baby Keem (UK Exclusive) / Kali Uchis (UK Exclusive) / Little SImz (London Festival Exclusive) / Snoh Aalegra (UK Festival Exclusive)

Finsbury Park:

Cardi B (UK Exclusive) / Roddy Ricch (UK Exclusive) / Megan Thee Stallion / Burna Boy (UK Exclusive) / Giveon (UK Exclusive)

SZA (European Festival Exclusive) / Summer Walker (European Festival Exclusive) / Jack Harlow (London Festival Exclusive)

Nicki Minaj (Europe Exclusive) / Lil Baby (UK Exclusive) / Lil Durk (UK Exclusive) / Polo G (London Festival Exclusive)

Outdoor at NEC:

Dave / Summer Walker (European Festival Exclusive) / Gunna (UK Exclusive) / Little Simz / Blxt (UK Festival Exclusive)

Cardi B (UK Exclusive) / Lil Baby (UK Exclusive) / Burna Boy (UK Exclusive) / Central Cee

J. Cole (UK Exclusive) / Roddy Ricch (UK Exclusive) / D-Block Europe / Jack Harlow / Polo G

On 2/23/2022 at 3:20 PM, Dukey said:

Foals, Bicep and Noel Gallagher would be my guess for Latitude with Anne Marie, Blossoms and The Kooks subbing. 

I could see Noel but I really couldn't see Bicep at Latitude, just not the crowd for it. Their big ticket headliner is supposed to be Florence

30 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Disappointing about Doja but was to be expected. This is setting her up for a well deserved MSW headline next year

There was no room for anyone her size anyway. Not sure why everyone is so fussed about all the exclusives - theres not going to be any major new additions only 3rd downs etc

7 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Megan Thee Stallion does look like a weak headliner when you see the positions she's taking elsewhere but i would happily take the weakest headliner ever when they've pulled out Dave, Arctic Monkeys and Rage Against The Machine to close the nights

Yeah, that’s a great point. 

2 hours ago, stanh said:

Crystal Palace Park:

ASAP Rocky (UK Exclusive) / The Kid Laroi (UK Festival Exclusive) / Lil Uzi Vert (UK Festival Exclusive) / Don Toliver (UK Exclusive) / Trippe Redd (UK Festival Exclusive)

J. Cole (UK Exclusive) / Doja Cat (UK Exclusive) / Playboi Carti (UK Exclusive) / Gunna (UK Exclusive)

Tyler, The Creator (London Exclusive) / Roddy Ricch (UK Exclusive) / Baby Keem (UK Exclusive) / Kali Uchis (UK Exclusive) / Little SImz (London Festival Exclusive) / Snoh Aalegra (UK Festival Exclusive)

Finsbury Park:

Cardi B (UK Exclusive) / Roddy Ricch (UK Exclusive) / Megan Thee Stallion / Burna Boy (UK Exclusive) / Giveon (UK Exclusive)

SZA (European Festival Exclusive) / Summer Walker (European Festival Exclusive) / Jack Harlow (London Festival Exclusive)

Nicki Minaj (Europe Exclusive) / Lil Baby (UK Exclusive) / Lil Durk (UK Exclusive) / Polo G (London Festival Exclusive)

Outdoor at NEC:

Dave / Summer Walker (European Festival Exclusive) / Gunna (UK Exclusive) / Little Simz / Blxt (UK Festival Exclusive)

Cardi B (UK Exclusive) / Lil Baby (UK Exclusive) / Burna Boy (UK Exclusive) / Central Cee

J. Cole (UK Exclusive) / Roddy Ricch (UK Exclusive) / D-Block Europe / Jack Harlow / Polo G

With all of those 'Exclusives' where do we see R&L going in terms of Rap acts?

Just now, iistroudley said:

With all of those 'Exclusives' where do we see R&L going in terms of Rap acts?

My guess is D-Block Europe, Headie One, Central Cee, BBNO$, iann dior, Hazey, AJ x J1 and names like that... Can't see us having much in terms of U.S rap judging by how many names are exclusive already at Wireless which is a shame, but hopefully it means we could possibly get some newer exciting names instead!

Seems like people are doing the same swing back as they did when we thought Yungblud was going to be a headliner.

"Don't be ridiculous, they wouldn't have him..."

"...actually he's pretty huge and R&L don't make mistakes, he fits the crowd and has lots of tracks..."

"...he'd be one of the most popular of the weekend..."

"...glad he's not headlining, would have been the weakest headliner ever".

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

Seems like people are doing the same swing back as they did when we thought Yungblud was going to be a headliner.

"Don't be ridiculous, they wouldn't have him..."

"...actually he's pretty huge and R&L don't make mistakes, he fits the crowd and has lots of tracks..."

"...he'd be one of the most popular of the weekend..."

"...glad he's not headlining, would have been the weakest headliner ever".

I don't think anyone on here has ever said R&L don't make mistakes, all we do is bitch about their mistakes.

Festival placings are just more fluid now. If BMTH accepted an early slot on the second stage at Glastonbury for a third time, it wouldn't make their R+L headline slot any worse.

Book acts to entertain fans who want to have a good time imo, not to placate nerds on forums looking at all the lineups.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Festival placings are just more fluid now. If BMTH accepted an early slot on the second stage at Glastonbury for a third time, it wouldn't make their R+L headline slot any worse.

Book acts to entertain fans who want to have a good time imo, not to placate nerds on forums looking at all the lineups.

I like that approach but also it makes things really difficult for up and coming acts to establish themselves as headliners if headlining reading means you’re not “really” a headliner anywhere else.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I like that approach but also it makes things really difficult for up and coming acts to establish themselves as headliners if headlining reading means you’re not “really” a headliner anywhere else.

A Reading headliner would still be headliner at most places they play. I think the ones willing to accept less just aren't precious about it and are happy to do their job and take money for performances wherever.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I do agree tho that some festivals have different demographics. I believe BMTH’s crowd at glasto 2019 was absolutely tiny due to Kylie being on at the same time?

Yeah, I was near the front and went to get a pint half way through their set, managed to get back to the same spot without a problem 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I've been saying this exact same thing now while people argue until their blue in the face that Wombats and Bastille won't belittle themselves so much by dropping from a previous 2nd to a 3rd placing.

As long as they're there and playing to a crowd of potential album buyers, it doesn't matter.

19 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

I've been saying this exact same thing now while people argue until their blue in the face that Wombats and Bastille won't belittle themselves so much by dropping from a previous 2nd to a 3rd placing.

As long as they're there and playing to a crowd of potential album buyers, it doesn't matter.

Nobody buys albums anymore. 

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I do agree tho that some festivals have different demographics. I believe BMTH’s crowd at glasto 2019 was absolutely tiny due to Kylie being on at the same time?

Didn't realise that they were on. No way my wife was going to miss that Kylie glasto appearance.