2022 Festival

10 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

The run of Enter Shikari, Distillers, Frank Carter,ADTR and Foos was a great day in the sun.

Missed Distillers and Frank Carter to see the Amazons, was not disappointed. Hometown lads and it went off

Out of interest, what sort of crowd do the Zons draw at Leeds, last 2 at Reading have been a bursting FR and a pretty much full R1 

33 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Missed Distillers and Frank Carter to see the Amazons, was not disappointed. Hometown lads and it went off

Out of interest, what sort of crowd do the Zons draw at Leeds, last 2 at Reading have been a bursting FR and a pretty much full R1 

Can only comment on the FR crowd at Leeds and it was chocker... only time I've seen it busier was for Catfish & the Bottlemen and The Wombats

54 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Quite a few of the trap/rappers have pulled out last minute though.

Yeah, I miss Gnarwolves too, anyone know why they split? They seemed to be flying at one time.

I think someone in the band was accused of something shady (I’m saying I think because I can’t be certain, but I seem to remember hearing something like that) and they’ve just quietly gone away. One of the guys has a new band now who are alright but I can’t remember what they’re even called off the top of my head. 

Back to them opening the Main Stage and how crazy it was, I distinctly remember on here posting a lineup prediction for 2014 and I had them opening the NME Stage and even that was seen as being so unlikely because they were so small. When they got announced for the Main it was madness (for me, anyway). 

I’ve still got a Gnarwolves Cru tee from yeeeears ago I wear from time to time. What a great little band they were. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I think someone in the band was accused of something shady (I’m saying I think because I can’t be certain, but I seem to remember hearing something like that) and they’ve just quietly gone away. One of the guys has a new band now who are alright but I can’t remember what they’re even called off the top of my head. 

Back to them opening the Main Stage and how crazy it was, I distinctly remember on here posting a lineup prediction for 2014 and I had them opening the NME Stage and even that was seen as being so unlikely because they were so small. When they got announced for the Main it was madness (for me, anyway). 

I’ve still got a Gnarwolves Cru tee from yeeeears ago I wear from time to time. What a great little band they were. 

High Praise there called mate, also Max has a solo project called binboy and I think he's in a hardcore/thrash band called Seagull boys

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If they stick with 6 headliners, I think they may do bring me the horizon, but I’d also absolutely love to see yungblud headlining, he’s earned a headline spot for 2022! And my chemical romance would instantly sell it out, but no way would they have 3 rock bands headline reading cos it’s no longer reading rock😩😩 Travis Scott would be epic to see aswell! 

19 minutes ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

I’d expect to see Billie Eilish and Royal Blood for sure. Would be cool to see Rage come back but I cant see it happening budget wise.

Billie Eilish, Royal Blood and Rage as three standalone headliners would make me happy

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Don’t think Royal Blood could do it outright, their album may propel them to that level but who knows, Royal Blood and the Weeknd co headline maybe 

Yeah just to echo what they've said - The Weeknd would outright headline - he could be a shout though - would be a brilliant headline set