2022 Festival

55 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

I can see The Snuts, Mysteries, The K's and Pale Waves on FR stage, maybe even Nothing but Thieves who I feel will be there but I'd have thought they'd be MSW

NBT are way too big for FR, they’ve just headlined the O2 Arena in London - I’d say Snuts are too big as well 

Mysterines would be great 

8 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

The Wombats announcing a short run of dates that finish the weekend before R&L, adding fuel to the fire here!

I just can’t see them appearing when they’re playing Victorious on the Saturday having played last year. 

10 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

The Wombats announcing a short run of dates that finish the weekend before R&L, adding fuel to the fire here!

My prediction of a few (20) names we are going to get next week (Thursday 3rd March)...

Frank Turner playing around Reading at the time,

Wombat UK dates ending just before,

Rex OC has a big Reading shaped hole in his tour schedule,

BBNO$ has unknown venue Reading on the Saturday,

Don Broco in the media saying how much they love R&L and R&L congratulates them on their no1 album,

The Snuts being bumped massively on BBC R1, playing Y Not 3 weeks before,

The Mysterines being bumped massively on BBC R1, playing Y Not 3 weeks before,

Nothing But Thieves playing Community with Pale Waves, Circa Waves, Kid Brunswick, and possibly Wombats, also playing Y Not 3 weeks before with Pale and Circa Waves,

Princess Nokia playing Sziget and was on Dan Wilcox list of acts (which some names were lies),

Holly Humberstone had a huge year and is playing Sziget,

Inhaler having a big year and is playing Sziget,

Yung Lean is playing Sziget and fits the R&L crowd perfectly,

Anne-Marie is playing Sziget and is being bumped massively on BBC R1,

Stromae is playing Sziget and I've heard mumblings that they are on the Dance stage

Kurupt FM is touring since the release of their film and playing festivals

Creeper seems to really fit in with the current R&L set up going more Indie-Rock

Central Cee playing Parklife and had one of the biggest crowds last year, and is having a huge year,

Loyle Carner fits the chill hip hop vibe and is playing Parklife,

Sub Focus are playing behind Wilkinson at Parklife

Gorgon City playing Parklife and mumblings about them on the Dance Stage

Other names to consider - Jake Bugg, Sea Girls, Sundara Kamara, Sports Team, The Hunna, Black Honey

Edited by Chad888
  • Like 2

The retweet from earlier (since now deleted) was from the start of the month and was about someone saying that we used to not get much of a lineup before March. Whilst they were agreeing with what they were saying I cant help but think there is something coming shortly

• Like 1

Sea Girls have quite a big tour coming up at the end of this year, including a date at Alexandra Palace! It was less than four years ago that they were supporting The Academic in venues with capacities of 100 people, so it's been a pretty quick rise for them.

Edited by WhoOdyssey

40 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Sea Girls have quite a big tour coming up at the end of this year, including a date at Alexandra Palace! It was less than four years ago that they were supporting The Academic in venues with capacities of 100 people, so it's been a pretty quick rise for them.

They’ve played the last few years haven’t they, time for a break

Just now, andyrhodes24 said:

Yeah a mid afternoon MSW slot this year which was well attended, can't push too far past that too quickly or they'll end up being the next Wombats

Wasn’t that well attended at Reading, was surprised how few were there, considering they packed the R1 in 2019 and a good turnout in the FR in 2018