Jump to content

2022 Festival


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, gfa said:

The thing that keeps people who like guitar bands is the size of the acts they get. Truck etc will never be booking RATM and AM, so unless you want to go to a day festival/arena (ie not weekend camping) you simply cannot see them unless you get a glasto ticket and get lucky with the lineup in the uk

Exactly, R&L will always be in a league of its own (besides Glasto). I always look at it this way - where else are you going to see the likes of RATM, AM, BMTH, Halsey, Dave, Wolf Alice, Shikari, Fontaines D.C and whoever else they announce for £250? For that lot to do their own gigs it’d set you back at least £400 in tickets

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very disappointed its been 4 months since the first release of 30 names, every other festival is dropping the full line ups, socials were active seemingly just to big up the Brits acts and then went silent.

 

When they are silent on acts, in the past it meant that they're struggling and the acts they have are going to be met with eye rolls and "oh, ugh...". It may be that they're still trying to hype up what they have now to sell the day tickets before the announcement of some subpar acts which won't sell.

 

I may be wrong, but this is generally how the marketing team there have worked in the past.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Very disappointed its been 4 months since the first release of 30 names, every other festival is dropping the full line ups, socials were active seemingly just to big up the Brits acts and then went silent.

 

When they are silent on acts, in the past it meant that they're struggling and the acts they have are going to be met with eye rolls and "oh, ugh...". It may be that they're still trying to hype up what they have now to sell the day tickets before the announcement of some subpar acts which won't sell.

 

I may be wrong, but this is generally how the marketing team there have worked in the past.

It's been just over 2 months. First announcement was Dec 8th 2021. I don't think it really indicates how strong the line-up is, it's subjective anyway. Think we had to wait for February in 2020, so we've waited longer before for an announcement. I think we'll probably get more line-up news in the next 30 days or so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Miyn said:

It's been just over 2 months. First announcement was Dec 8th 2021. I don't think it really indicates how strong the line-up is, it's subjective anyway. Think we had to wait for February in 2020, so we've waited longer before for an announcement. I think we'll probably get more line-up news in the next 30 days or so.

First announcement was February for 2018, September for 2019, October and December for 2020, August for 2021

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

First announcement was February for 2018, September for 2019, October and December for 2020, August for 2021

 

 

That doesn’t change the fact its only been 2 months 😂

its sold out weekend - theres no rush for them just have some patience. From the two festivals i have next summer i have about 10 names announced so just be glad your not in my boat 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2022 at 5:50 PM, andyrhodes24 said:

I’ll be 28 for this year’s festival but me and mates go every year no matter who plays. There’ll always be a good number of acts we want to see (all the acts you mention above basically) but we go for the laugh. An expensive laugh albeit but it’s always a good weekend and probably always will be. My mates will be very chuffed if it’s quiet for the bands we want to see, means quieter queues at the bar

I’m in this boat, the loss of the R1 and the second band tent has really hit the always something worth seeing vibe for me.

if you don’t like what’s on the main stage now, you basically have one choice, if you’re not into Dance or Rap, where previously you had 3

Pre 2021, I can’t think of any single moment where there was nothing I was actively interested in seeing over the whole weekend the previous few years. There were many in 2021. 

I think this is where the ‘festival is no longer for me’ attitude is being forced from, not necessarily by the lineup choices but more the lack of choice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

The 1975 reportedly playing a festival in Japan in August. Won’t appear at R+L but presumably will be active this summer, hopefully there’s UK dates as well. 

Maneskin are playing the same festival but I agree that they won’t be playing R&L, possibly Finsbury Park show as there is a Saturday available in between the Sam Fender and George Ezra shows. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

they are doing one at glasto

They’re not, the source that leaked that was completely unreliable unfortunately!

It’s also been announced that a show in Japan in August will be their first live performance since 2020

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Benj said:

I’m in this boat, the loss of the R1 and the second band tent has really hit the always something worth seeing vibe for me.

if you don’t like what’s on the main stage now, you basically have one choice, if you’re not into Dance or Rap, where previously you had 3

Pre 2021, I can’t think of any single moment where there was nothing I was actively interested in seeing over the whole weekend the previous few years. There were many in 2021. 

I think this is where the ‘festival is no longer for me’ attitude is being forced from, not necessarily by the lineup choices but more the lack of choice

Completely agree about the lack of options, our default used to be the R1 or the FR if there was no one interesting on the main stage. In 2021 if there was no one on we either mooched around the bars or, because one of the group brought his young kid for the first time, went to the dodgems or collected cups for her which I never thought I'd do. It was still a laugh though, made her about £50 a day. There were times at Leeds though, particularly late afternoon, where it was just too busy to move  from MSE to the Pit/FR end of the arena. Positive was though that if there was an act of MSW, the MSE bar queue was sensationally short.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Was the first night of the Dave tour tonight, apparently he had a full live band with him hope he brings that to Reading 

was there, can confirm. dave played guitar on a few songs, too. really excited for his reading set now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

was there, can confirm. dave played guitar on a few songs, too. really excited for his reading set now.

How was it?? My one concern with Dave was he doesn’t really have a big singalong tune like Stormzy with crown and blinded by your grace pt 2 but apparently the show tonight was incredible 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

How was it?? My one concern with Dave was he doesn’t really have a big singalong tune like Stormzy with crown and blinded by your grace pt 2 but apparently the show tonight was incredible 

Honestly, it was superb, was an amazing performance from him - and utilised the space in an arena well, especially with him having a B-Stage. 

The crowd knew pretty much every word to every song, and with the live band, pyro, confetti and fire made it a near perfect concert! The ‘big’ sing along songs are Clash, Location, Funky Friday, Titanium and Professor X imo.

Very excited to see what he has up his sleeve for R&L, but I really don’t doubt the fact he will be able to pull of something similar, if not, better to Stormzy!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dave's Setlist from last night... Am very much looking forward to see him again on tour, and of course at Leeds!

He really blew it out of the water from the Psychodrama tour, added below one of my favourite photos that I took from yesterday.

Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 14.57.19.png

DB508C12-B853-4C30-8AD7-AEF1B6264F95_1_105_c.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...