2022 Festival

Lewis Capaldi is 3rd down at Parklife, I reckon he could play lower down on the main stage than expected. Think he’d just be happy to play. Also, Megan Thee Stallion is only subbing Parklife. Are we thinking she was a last minute booking/replacement for someone similar but bigger e.g. Doja Cat or Cardi B? 

22 hours ago, jump said:

I fucking hate going to gigs at Milton Keynes, one part because of how rubbish MK is but also because of how stressful for no reason trying to get the train back is. It's best to not even try and just get a coach booked in advance.

I don't like this sudden trend of bands having their only UK show in MK.

That's why I didn't get tickets for LG at Knebworth, no trains and no hotels. The only positive for me is that I live two minutes from the M1 so it's an easy drive down to MK.

22 hours ago, gfa said:

I've only ever done the London ones so its just a walk to the tube and then 10 minutes of being packed like a sardine before everyone goes separate ways

Yeah same, we were alright getting to the tube back from Foos at the London Stadium but we left literally as they finished, any later and it would've been chaos I imagine. Much better than LG at Finsbury Park, shambles of a day that was!

6 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Fair play, quite surprised at that although sub main is probably better than headline third I guess. 

Just think it’s weird she’s headlining R&L but subbing Parklife a smaller festival, feels like she wasn’t first choice. 

22 minutes ago, foolee said:

Just think it’s weird she’s headlining R&L but subbing Parklife a smaller festival, feels like she wasn’t first choice. 

Would guess that's more to do with R+L not really having 6 headliners, AM and Halsey certainly aren't on the same level 

2 hours ago, foolee said:

Lewis Capaldi is 3rd down at Parklife, I reckon he could play lower down on the main stage than expected. Think he’d just be happy to play. Also, Megan Thee Stallion is only subbing Parklife. Are we thinking she was a last minute booking/replacement for someone similar but bigger e.g. Doja Cat or Cardi B? 

She’s only subbing Reading in reality.

Goes to show what a sham the 6 headliner thing is though

10 minutes ago, Benj said:

When did 50c become slightly credible by the way, I definitely missed that?

He's got enough hits to hold a crowd for sure. Doesn't play England much so it's a decent attraction to whoever wants to see him. Not for me but I get it

20 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

He's got enough hits to hold a crowd for sure. Doesn't play England much so it's a decent attraction to whoever wants to see him. Not for me but I get it

Has he had a single hit since he was bottled at Reading?

Does he have actually have new stuff out, kids are into? Or is solely still only being billed for Candy Shop?

49 minutes ago, Benj said:

She’s only subbing Reading in reality.

Goes to show what a sham the 6 headliner thing is though

Parklife is equally a sham, Headie One is on the third line and has the same slot as Lewis Capaldi. Shit from his management really i think more than anything

13 minutes ago, Benj said:

Does he have actually have new stuff out, kids are into? Or is solely still only being billed for Candy Shop?

Just a heritage act now isn't he, sure he's not released anything of acclaim within the last two decades but his past releases still hold up, teens today aren't just listening to songs that came out within the last year, everyone attending parklife will know plenty of songs off of Get Rich or Die Tryin'

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

42 minutes ago, Benj said:

Nah but Parklife always has acts for the (slightly) older crowd that don't need modern hits. Look at The Streets in 2019, 8 years since Skinner's last album and much longer since his last hit single 

50 Cent has in da club, candy shop, PIMP, window shopper and more, he'll do fine with people who were into gangsta rap in school in the 2000s 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Just a heritage act now isn't he, sure he's not released anything of acclaim within the last two decades but his past releases still hold up, teens today aren't just listening to songs that came out within the last year, everyone attending parklife will know plenty of songs off of Get Rich or Die Tryin'

Funny how these cycles go, he could barely get a show anywhere 5-6 years ago

Its testament to how far R&L have fallen when they have a headline that's only subbing a fest like Parklife.

Could she have been second down and the one she was playing under dropped out? Could it have been a Cardi B co-headline? We've seen it before where last minute drop out meant the sub got bumped.

5 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Its testament to how far R&L have fallen when they have a headline that's only subbing a fest like Parklife.

Could she have been second down and the one she was playing under dropped out? Could it have been a Cardi B co-headline? We've seen it before where last minute drop out meant the sub got bumped.

Could just be down to them wanting more female representation at the top of the bill and other choices at the time just never materialised, Megan is new and has been given the shot early but she's definitely big enough to play in that slot. Regardless, even last year we shared a headliner with a much MUCH smaller festival in NBHD Weekender (Catfish) and Disclosure with Parklife again (they headlined the second stage there)

37 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

She’s not headlining Reading. We need to stop falling for the marketing bollocks. 

She’s second on the bill. As she is at Parklife. There’s a chance they may have had her ‘co-headline’ like back in the old days.  In reality even those were normally a strict 1-2

27 minutes ago, jump said:

Regardless of what other festival posters say I find Halsey the most questionable headliner out of the six.

Shes absolutely incredible lives, shes got the R&L sounding material and also the big hits. What is there about her to question? 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Benj said:

She’s not headlining Reading. We need to stop falling for the marketing bollocks. 

She’s second on the bill. As she is at Parklife. There’s a chance they may have had her ‘co-headline’ like back in the old days.  In reality even those were normally a strict 1-2

When i kept saying this, I was continuously shouted down by the perma-correct contrarians.

The MSW was just the R1 Stage taken out of the tent and the old mainstage sacrificed some of its budget to hand over. Its a sub main stage in reality with the word "main stage" to attract newbies. In old terms Halsey subbing Rage, Megan subbing Dave, and BMTH subbing Arctics would be great but not nearly as marketable.