2022 Festival

29 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Ho99o9 have liked a tweet asking Dan Carter to rebook them for The Pit at R/L.

Probably just them liking a complimentary and positive tweet but who knows?

I'd assumed they'd be back anyway. They are doing an one off show for that Slam Dunk rap festival thing next month without any other UK/EURO dates so I'd imagine they'd be up for playing and travelling for R&L.

Like someone else said in this topic, this postponement was probably on the cards before they were announced for R&L. We'll be fine.

But anyway, moving on from this non-story. 😛  Death Grips to headline The Pit? Long, long overdue an appearance at R&L and if when I saw them in 2019 was anything to go by, it would be electric.

4 minutes ago, VCK said:

Like someone else said in this topic, this postponement was probably on the cards before they were announced for R&L. We'll be fine.

But anyway, moving on from this non-story. 😛  Death Grips to headline The Pit? Long, long overdue an appearance at R&L and if when I saw them in 2019 was anything to go by, it would be electric.

Never gonna happen. Would be mad if they did though. 

On 1/20/2022 at 5:18 PM, NoBuses said:

image.thumb.png.bd99ff11685dfba82a7ddef5d417ba91.png

I remember Boston Calling in 2020 was originally planning a Foo Fighters-RATM-RHCP headline trio, which I did briefly consider booking before deciding $400 on top of the cost of flying to the US was probably too much (probably a good thing given I ducked having to deal with travel agency refunds in the first lockdown, given how much of a pain in the arse it was to get one hotel unsuccessfully refunded).

Tbf a Foos-Strokes-Metallica 1-2-3, which they're now going for, is still pretty respectable. Not quite the proper 90s alt-rock nostalgia you'd have had with Foos-RATM-Chilis, but should still sell.

19 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

So with the announcement of Harry Styles playing Wembley Stadium. Would we agree he is too big for R&L now?

No, many bands play both. Hard to imagine them ever booking him though. It would be hard for the festival to ever properly come back from should fashions change

22 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

So with the announcement of Harry Styles playing Wembley Stadium. Would we agree he is too big for R&L now?

He would be MSE and i can't see him getting booked for that. MSW more possible, probably would have been this year really and that chance is obviously gone

13 hours ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

No such thing as being too big for R&L as AM wouldn’t be playing if that was the case but I don’t think he’d ever get booked for R&L, probably headline Glastonbury if he even does any festivals in the UK. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

No such thing as being too big for R&L as AM wouldn’t be playing if that was the case but I don’t think he’d ever get booked for R&L, probably headline Glastonbury if he even does any festivals in the UK. 

Plus there is a Glasto shaped gap in his stadium tour dates- I think he’s set to be doing Coachella, Glasto and the stadium tour this year

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Slightly debatable given AM haven't done Wembley themselves yet and I'm unsure when the last Reading headliner that went on to or had already sold a venue like that was. You have Foo's but that was back when their new releases were worth listening to. If course they still go to no.1 but so does jack down the road with his tiktok song lol.

38 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Slightly debatable given AM haven't done Wembley themselves yet and I'm unsure when the last Reading headliner that went on to or had already sold a venue like that was. You have Foo's but that was back when their new releases were worth listening to. If course they still go to no.1 but so does jack down the road with his tiktok song lol.

Stop being the devil’s advocate we all know AM can sell out wembley 😂

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Last time Arctic Monkeys played Reading and Leeds in 2014, they also did 2 sold-out shows to 60k+ a pop at Finsbury Park. Which is a stadium size crowd and I think at that time they could've sold out the needed extra tickets as well, though this is with the caveat that it was when they toured AM and were probably right at the top of the hype wave from that album.

Would've preferred Wembley to FP tbf. Sound at FP isn't the greatest, if probably slightly better than Hyde Park.

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I’m ngl I don’t quite get why AM don’t do stadiums as they would sell one out easily… I get that it’s preference but I don’t understand why AM wouldn’t be considered fine in a stadium. 

Maybe they prefer all the crowd to be standing as the atmosphere is better? Stadium shows are usually pretty dead 

19 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I’m ngl I don’t quite get why AM don’t do stadiums as they would sell one out easily… I get that it’s preference but I don’t understand why AM wouldn’t be considered fine in a stadium. 

Not specifically the Monkees but I've seen a few bands say they prefer outdoor shows to stadiums/arenas before. Arcade Fire did an interview once talking about it and it was something along the lines of you can do more with outdoor shows than big venues.

There might be more of an acoustic issue with stadiums too, I've heard wrestlers talk about when they are at a stadium it takes an extra few seconds to hear the crowd which puts off their timing when preforming.

51 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Anyone else got relatively high hopes for the BMTH day? At the moment them and Shikari stick out like sore thumbs that day so they must have more bands like that lined up.

I say that like that day isn't already top drawer.

I'm hoping for MGK to slot in between BMTH and ES.

29 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

I'm hoping for MGK to slot in between BMTH and ES.

That would be excellent, Architects have been thrown about on here a lot. Can't see it happening but the return of Slaves would be unreal

Edited by andyrhodes24

On 1/23/2022 at 8:35 AM, nathanh said:

Plus there is a Glasto shaped gap in his stadium tour dates- I think he’s set to be doing Coachella, Glasto and the stadium tour this year

It's a very small Glasto shaped hole considering he's in Germany on the SUnday.