Jump to content

2022 Festival


Recommended Posts

No cap though but I feel if Rage did pull out and they replaced them with Harry Styles at R&L I believe many people would think it was an unreal lineup. Also I would argue that Harry Styles appeals to the R&L crowd now way more than Rage. Also with him doing Coachella before his UK/European dates I think he could do it and I think he would want to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, DuckyMcQuacks said:

Does anyone know any reliable places to look for resale tickets that aren't at double the price for Leeds? I'm not expecting to get face value but I'm also not willing to pay £460 for a weekend ticket. There's a LOT of people on the facebook group saying they're selling tickets but I don't trust a single one of them one bit

It's the wrong time right now.

Because they've recently sold out and the demand is high, and few people are legitimately giving up their tickets because they've just bought them and it's ages away, there are going to be many scammers/touts and few genuine festivalgoers putting tickets up for sale.

If you can wait it out a few months then you'll see things pop up on Twickets, Ticketmaster Resale... you may even find something on social media from people you know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

No cap though but I feel if Rage did pull out and they replaced them with Harry Styles at R&L I believe many people would think it was an unreal lineup. Also I would argue that Harry Styles appeals to the R&L crowd now way more than Rage. Also with him doing Coachella before his UK/European dates I think he could do it and I think he would want to.

Rock En Seine just put out another post across the social networks promoting the RATM gig in August. Asking fans for their favorite album. No way they pulled out.

We‘ll see if they are still on the line up for Boston Calling for which they have been announced already. Should drop any day now.

I think it‘s either a disagreement with Coachella in particular (maybe having MAGA Ye on the line up) or they are about to postpone the first leg of the tour. Most likely not all of it and especially not the EU gigs imho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Rock En Seine just put out another post across the social networks promoting the RATM gig in August. Asking fans for their favorite album. No way they pulled out.

We‘ll see if they are still on the line up for Boston Calling for which they have been announced already. Should drop any day now.

I think it‘s either a disagreement with Coachella in particular (maybe having MAGA Ye on the line up) or they are about to postpone the first leg of the tour. Most likely not all of it and especially not the EU gigs imho.

Maybe Rock en Seine know RATM will be not there but need money for their financial balance.

Hanson juste announce their tour for June but we already know there will be no US artist in EU in 2022. 

Edited by P.bintein
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

They‘ve refunded every ticket from 2020 and I expect them to do it again this year. So they wouldn’t have any advantage out of it.

Or for the financial interest they gain until the refund.

I can't see RATM cancel all their US tour but playing on an another continent, it would be really strange. 

Edited by P.bintein
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

R&L is in August, both years of Covid so far have been at their best in June-August. No way international acts cancel for Covid reasons this year imo

While I don’t think this will happen I think the issue is that most American acts will prioritise their US tours over other counties. If the US tour doesn’t go ahead they may push everything back. American acts tend to be pretty American centric in their operations. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, P.bintein said:

QOTSA didn't play this year due to travel restriction even if the situation was good during this summer.

There were plenty of American acts that played the same R&L which they pulled out of plus other fests and shows last year though.

I suppose you can say American acts are more likely to pull out of because they have to travel more and there's a higher percentage of Americans not getting a jab so there's more restrictions for those ones but I fully expect to see American bands in the UK/EU this year.

Edited by jump
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, P.bintein said:

We already know there will be no US artist in EU in 2022. 

I'm unsure if you're referring to the EU as the continent of Europe or the political group of countries so forgive me if I'm misunderstanding but I've already seen a number of American artists since December in the UK. I even managed to see Geese who came over to play three pub shows, it must be fairly viable if they're able to do that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, P.bintein said:

Maybe Rock en Seine know RATM will be not there but need money for their financial balance.

Hanson juste announce their tour for June but we already know there will be no US artist in EU in 2022. 

Well considering there were US artists at Reading 2021 when things were more uncertain I’d expect even more at 2022. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Aren't Muse based in LA right now?

I thought that was just Bellamy who lives in LA, the drummer is in France and the other one is still in the UK? I believe they recorded the new album in Devon so they might be UK based at the moment but yeah, Muse are a British band but they aren't locales.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, beetchez said:

Muse would be a logical replacement if Rage back out. Same if Kiss back out of Download.

 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Aren't Muse based in LA right now?

 

1 hour ago, jump said:

I thought that was just Bellamy who lives in LA, the drummer is in France and the other one is still in the UK? I believe they recorded the new album in Devon so they might be UK based at the moment but yeah, Muse are a British band but they aren't locales.

Just had a look and Muse are a Festival exclusive for Isle of Wight this year so they’d have to be announced after June anyway so won’t be Muse if RATM needed a replacement. I think RATM will play anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, nathanh said:

When are we thinking for the next lineup announcement? 

Considering they’re asking who people would like on socials I’d assume they’re gearing up for an announcement at the end of Jan or end of Feb tbh. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, foolee said:

 

 

Just had a look and Muse are a Festival exclusive for Isle of Wight this year so they’d have to be announced after June anyway so won’t be Muse if RATM needed a replacement. I think RATM will play anyway. 

There's been so many "festival exclusives" in the UK (especially Reading) that never ended up being so

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Aech said:

There's been so many "festival exclusives" in the UK (especially Reading) that never ended up being so

I know but I just can’t see IOW allowing it, especially as IOW need selling points these days considering you have to get a ferry. Anyway, Rage will be playing so it doesn’t matter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...