2022 Festival

On 1/13/2022 at 5:03 AM, Jayden2304 said:

On the topic of coachella, if you had to ask me one act I could never see on that lineup it would be Yard Act. No idea how they're on there.

Buzzing for Yard Act, best band out of Leeds in ages. Massive booking for them out of nowhere.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Saw it in full last night in Liverpool was bloody insane, crowd was on fire even for the songs that had only been out for half hour

in other news, walked home with the drummer from Shame who we bumped into after the gig, he confirmed they’re not playing and that the festival doesn’t really appeal to them anymore as they don’t think the crowd is there’s. I did reiterate that they’d get a decent crowd even if it was just me but yh they ain’t playing.

Their crowd at Latitude was quite something last summer.

Not too sure on the wombats album myself, good reason for them to tour but not a single song is standing out to me as anything above mediocre.

59 minutes ago, gfa said:

Their crowd at Latitude was quite something last summer.

Not too sure on the wombats album myself, good reason for them to tour but not a single song is standing out to me as anything above mediocre.

Saw them in November in a place called Hangar 34, mosh pits from the get go, never sweated that much

If you ever leave I think is the main one that and Everything I love went down very well

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

IF Rage do pull out (unlikely) who would be a good replacement?

I actually think Kanye would be a sensational swap, and make a lot of the Rage fans happy. Especially with his current set list.

Kasabian

6 hours ago, Chad888 said:

I actually think Kanye would be a sensational swap, and make a lot of the Rage fans happy. Especially with his current set list.

Hopefully Catfish again, if only for the reaction here. 

Biffy were a step in for Queens so I imagine they would book a UK act to replace. I can’t see them reaching far beyond their close contacts book.

I don’t think they are pulling out as nothing has really been said about the entire tour. It seems like the rest of the US dates are still on they’ve just binned Coachella. No idea why.

As a hunch I reckon they’d book Sam Fender. Maybe moving his headline slot for 2023 forward a year.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Biffy were a step in for Queens so I imagine they would book a UK act to replace. I can’t see them reaching far beyond their close contacts book.

I don’t think they are pulling out as nothing has really been said about the entire tour. It seems like the rest of the US dates are still on they’ve just binned Coachella. No idea why.

As a hunch I reckon they’d book Sam Fender. Maybe moving his headline slot for 2023 forward a year.

I think they’re more likely to book a rock act and a day of Sam Fender and Halsey isn’t going to make day tickets go any faster if RATM hasn’t sold yet. Think they’d probably go with Muse as long as IOW didn’t have any sort of exclusive. But I think RATM will do it, big pay day for only a couple of shows, only need to bring instruments over and very little risk of cancellation as it’ll only be 2-3 shows. 

17 minutes ago, foolee said:

I think they’re more likely to book a rock act and a day of Sam Fender and Halsey isn’t going to make day tickets go any faster if RATM hasn’t sold yet. Think they’d probably go with Muse as long as IOW didn’t have any sort of exclusive. But I think RATM will do it, big pay day for only a couple of shows, only need to bring instruments over and very little risk of cancellation as it’ll only be 2-3 shows. 

When someone pulls out it’s usually more complicated than just booking a like for like. If you’re trying to draft someone in last minute, acts have probably already sorted out their entire tours - and it is difficult to get someone out who isn’t playing shows already. Sometimes an artist with crossover to the one that cancelled isn’t out there. Hence Coachella drafting in Harry Styles.

Coachella and maybe Glastonbury can pull in big names as a replacement, but usually when headliners drop out late in the game they are backfilled with a very straightforward choice. Massive artists don’t want to think of themselves as a 2nd choice and they’ve probably spent a fair bit of the budget on the headliner that has cancelled too (as the headliner won’t return the entire fee).

Weekend tickets for R&L are already sold out this year. I don’t think they would go for a similar to rage replacement, they will most likely pull someone local in who would probably shift a few tickets and not break their bank. I think Sam Fender would be a ideal choice for that and weekend ticket holders who don’t really care for rage would probably see it as a upgrade.

We will wait and see what’s happening with Rage but I think there’s probably a bizarre reason why they didn’t come back to Coachella (who would have paid them a fortune too mind). 

Edited by Matt42

20 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Muse 

but would probably get KOL

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Isn't it because of the covid restrictions not being up to scratch?

34 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Isn't it because of the covid restrictions not being up to scratch?

Well shows not long after Coachella look like they are going ahead? So what is the real reason? Did they not like that Coachella booked Kanye? It could be all sorts of things.

At the moment it does look like the best case scenario has happened. They’ve cancelled Coachella but everything else is going ahead… for now.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

When someone pulls out it’s usually more complicated than just booking a like for like. If you’re trying to draft someone in last minute, acts have probably already sorted out their entire tours - and it is difficult to get someone out who isn’t playing shows already. Sometimes an artist with crossover to the one that cancelled isn’t out there. Hence Coachella drafting in Harry Styles.

Coachella and maybe Glastonbury can pull in big names as a replacement, but usually when headliners drop out late in the game they are backfilled with a very straightforward choice. Massive artists don’t want to think of themselves as a 2nd choice and they’ve probably spent a fair bit of the budget on the headliner that has cancelled too (as the headliner won’t return the entire fee).

Weekend tickets for R&L are already sold out this year. I don’t think they would go for a similar to rage replacement, they will most likely pull someone local in who would probably shift a few tickets and not break their bank. I think Sam Fender would be a ideal choice for that and weekend ticket holders who don’t really care for rage would probably see it as a upgrade.

We will wait and see what’s happening with Rage but I think there’s probably a bizarre reason why they didn’t come back to Coachella (who would have paid them a fortune too mind). 

If they are going to be pulling out, it won’t be last minute(unless it’s Covid of course)

If they’re scrapping the whole tour then R/L will already know now so will already be looking for a replacement.

On a separate note, imagine thinking you’re going to be watching the RATM reunion and getting Harry Styles instead?

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Well shows not long after Coachella look like they are going ahead? So what is the real reason? Did they not like that Coachella booked Kanye? It could be all sorts of things.

At the moment it does look like the best case scenario has happened. They’ve cancelled Coachella but everything else is going ahead… for now.

They've got 4 shows before Coachella, but "pulling out" of a festival they weren't even officially announced for is much easier than pulling out of a string of show dates.

My prediction is they postpone the first half of their tour March - May until 2023 and play the dates July - August, assuming Covid looks better in summer. 

On 1/14/2022 at 7:17 PM, Chad888 said:

Metallica would be the only replacement that doesn't bum me out 

• Upvote 1

Let’s be real though there is no “rage replacement” for a lot of people. Myself included.

I bought a ticket to see rage. A lot of people will have done the same. If rage go I go.

I think Coachella realised this and just moved on from trying to satisfy rage’s fans. A lot were coming to Coachella to see a band who hasn’t performed in years. That’s not really something you can swap out.

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 1

Does anyone know any reliable places to look for resale tickets that aren't at double the price for Leeds? I'm not expecting to get face value but I'm also not willing to pay £460 for a weekend ticket. There's a LOT of people on the facebook group saying they're selling tickets but I don't trust a single one of them one bit