2022 Festival

9 hours ago, gfa said:

Enter Shikari a co-headliner your crazy.

As much as we'd all like the R1 tent to come back, its just not happening without going back to standard main stage. The budget of 1xtra and FR/Lockup/Pit combined is surely way less than the R1 tent ?

I meant sub  that was my mistake, it was 1am here

8 hours ago, BenG92 said:

You're off your rocker if you think Shikari will ever co-headline mainstage at L+R. Treating MSE and MSW as one - as you should - they're fourth down and maybe the least relevant they've ever been, and I say that as a fan

Wolf Alice remains to be seen but I can't see them being a strong attraction as a co-headliner. Probably destined to live in the sub spot. 

Yeah I mentioned that I mistyped, i meant to say sub headliner and that was in reference to my earlier comments that who they have subbing is poor and would by 3rd or 4th down any other year.

Having 2 "main stages" means they have to pay an act even more money to headline as opposed to if they headlined the tents.

Enter Shikari would be an expensive but insane opener of the mainstage or closing set. Polo G with his one song about rapstars or something is not big enough to sub, especially when you have a 1st timer and a relatively light one at that. Don't get me wrong, Dave is the main one I want to see but he's no stormzy or Eminem, or Post Malone in terms of clout. You'd think they'd prop him up with another huge huge act (but not headline worthy). Instead we have Megan Thee Stalion and Polo G beneath him. Megan is famous for being on Cardi Vs song about her vagina being drippy. Polo G is a 1 hit wonder at the moment.

30 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Yeah I mentioned that I mistyped, i meant to say sub headliner and that was in reference to my earlier comments that who they have subbing is poor and would by 3rd or 4th down any other year.

Having 2 "main stages" means they have to pay an act even more money to headline as opposed to if they headlined the tents.

Enter Shikari would be an expensive but insane opener of the mainstage or closing set. Polo G with his one song about rapstars or something is not big enough to sub, especially when you have a 1st timer and a relatively light one at that. Don't get me wrong, Dave is the main one I want to see but he's no stormzy or Eminem, or Post Malone in terms of clout. You'd think they'd prop him up with another huge huge act (but not headline worthy). Instead we have Megan Thee Stalion and Polo G beneath him. Megan is famous for being on Cardi Vs song about her vagina being drippy. Polo G is a 1 hit wonder at the moment.

Dave will draw a bigger crowd than Eminem would. He's not relevant anymore 

Just now, Andre91 said:

Not true. Any time Eminem gets announced, it’s heaving. AM aside, I do think Dave will pull the biggest crowd of the weekend. 

I think he's fallen off a cliff since 2017 and i'm a fan, maybe day tickets but with my age who go weekend Dave is infinitely more popular

1 minute ago, NoBuses said:

And Polo G has 5+ songs with over 100m plays on Spotify alone, not sure that's a one hit wonder

He’s definitely not a one hit wonder. He’s absolutely massive with teenagers. I couldn’t name you a song by him but then again he’s not aimed at me so my opinion isn’t informed enough. He’ll no doubt justify his slot by pulling a monster crowd.

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

He’s definitely not a one hit wonder. He’s absolutely massive with teenagers. I couldn’t name you a song by him but then again he’s not aimed at me so my opinion isn’t informed enough. He’ll no doubt justify his slot by pulling a monster crowd.

I agree, loads of my mates are really excited for him

Enter Shikari aren’t fourth down, by the way. They’re (at present) subbing Main Stage West. It isn’t the same as fourth down, just as Main Stage West isn’t the same stage as the Radio 1 Stage.

Your average punter these days sees two big, fuck off stages which are identical and concludes ‘that’s two Main Stages’ and doesn’t think about the size of the acts in logo slots. Besides, everyone announced for a logo a lot this year is absolutely big enough to do so. 

Eminem has been past his best for about 20 years now, but he is a name that will always draw a huge crowd and sell day tickets. Dave is maybe the biggest name in UK music right now but he doesn't have quite the outreach that Em has.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Enter Shikari aren’t fourth down, by the way. They’re (at present) subbing Main Stage West. It isn’t the same as fourth down, just as Main Stage West isn’t the same stage as the Radio 1 Stage.

Your average punter these days sees two big, fuck off stages which are identical and concludes ‘that’s two Main Stages’ and doesn’t think about the size of the acts in logo slots. Besides, everyone announced for a logo a lot this year is absolutely big enough to do so. 

Let's be honest, the MSE headliners are the actual headliners. The "two main stages, six headliners!" thing is a bit of a marketing gimmick. As I said earlier in this topic, MSW is equivalent to Glasto's other stage. MSE still gets the bigger acts than MSW and is the Main Stage as we all know it.

Edited by VCK

3 minutes ago, VCK said:

Let's be honest, the MSE headliners are the actual headliners. The "two main stages, six headliners!" thing is a bit of a marketing gimmick. As I said earlier in this topic, MSW is equivalent to Glasto's other stage. MSE still gets the bigger acts than MSW and is the Main Stage as we all know it.

Yeah but nobody outside of us internet dorks care about that. 

2 hours ago, NoBuses said:

Dave will draw a bigger crowd than Eminem would. He's not relevant anymore 

Not sure on that one, feel like Eminem would have sold out his day allocation by now also. Do think that Dave will be great in August though!

AM, Eminem and Dave are all going to have gigantic crowds no doubt. Eminem people will see because he's a legend - he is like booking the Killers or RHCP but a rapper

Dunno about Dave having a bigger overall draw than Eminem. RATM / Eminem / AM would have tipped me over to a weekend ticket, even if Slim hasn't made a great album in 20 years, there's no way I'd pass up that triple bill (and no way L+R could afford it)

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Dunno about Dave having a bigger overall draw than Eminem. RATM / Eminem / AM would have tipped me over to a weekend ticket, even if Slim hasn't made a great album in 20 years, there's no way I'd pass up that triple bill (and no way L+R could afford it)

I would argue among the audience Dave is bigger than Stormzy now

11 hours ago, NoBuses said:

I agree, loads of my mates are really excited for him

I haven't a clue who he is but my teenage son bought his weekend ticket off the back of Polo g and Dave. He didn't know who artic monkeys or RATM were.

18 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Megan is famous for being on Cardi Vs song about her vagina being drippy. 

Megan literally has 10 songs with 100m plus streams, has had multiple hits before and after WAP, 32 million monthly listeners with no single out, 3 grammys etc... You don't have to like her or even chose to see her set, but focusing upon the content of her lyrics in one song over everything else is a bit odd. She sub headlined Wireless last year and easily proved she could've headlined IMO and r&l is trying to merge into a rap festival so if she can headline wireless she can definitely be a MSW headliner at R&L

19 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Aside from that stupid comment at the end mentioned above about Megan - Dave has just as much interest currently than Stormzy, Eminem and Post Malone from the Reading audience right now. Its not like their recent days sold out straight away. Polo G is weak support but Dave is by no means a light first timer - his set will be absolutely rammed.